Internet Speeds..?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J-Rite187 ]

lmao, yeah, and to think some of us are tech experts and know how to play w/connections to make them better. ::)

There are ways, especially if you have cable but it is illegal and if your ISP catches you they will remove your service. I do not recommend that you do it.

Cable speeds are determined by a bin file in the modem, all your ISP does to increase or decrease your service is send a new configuration in that file. Now some claim that you can change it without getting caught, personally I wouldn't take that chance.

I have heard that some cable ISP's are going to start rolling out DOCSIS 3.0 which would give the ability to go to close to 152Mbps Down and 108Mbps Up. IF/WHEN this happens we should start seeing better uploads. I am hoping for 50 down and 10 up.

Guest NEO-X
J-Rite187 ]

LMFAO, thats great puddy.

hey darkskye, clifton new jersey, EH? i'm in paramus ;)

meh.. that was the closest server to me..

im in mASSachusetts

I just increase mine and the first game I played seemed like I was in hyperspace, I was flying around the screen killing everyone before they even had the chance to shoot.........then every game after that had lag and people were skipping all over my screen, but not on the rest of my clans' screens. Is there a point where you could be too fast for the rest of the players in the room and that actually hinders you? Maybe I need to all the way down to a 3MB download and a 256K up load to actually create enough lag to be at the same speed?

lafromla1 ]

I just increase mine and the first game I played seemed like I was in hyperspace, I was flying around the screen killing everyone before they even had the chance to shoot.........then every game after that had lag and people were skipping all over my screen, but not on the rest of my clans' screens. Is there a point where you could be too fast for the rest of the players in the room and that actually hinders you? Maybe I need to all the way down to a 3MB download and a 256K up load to actually create enough lag to be at the same speed?

Unfortunately, that is the case.. the slow speeds are the ones who get more kills because they are hard to kill, & they stay alive longer. :-\

The faster your speed is the worse it gets, but i think only to a point. I mean you can't be faster than the game. lol

(ask Goat he'll explain it)

Chili-Palmer ]
lafromla1 ]

Unfortunately, that is the case.. the slow speeds are the ones who get more kills because they are hard to kill, & they stay alive longer. :-\

The faster your speed is the worse it gets, but i think only to a point. I mean you can't be faster than the game. lol

(ask Goat he'll explain it)

Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!!!!! I must have the fastest internet connection in the world then. I cant kill anyone and die all the time. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]

How do I get higher Upload speeds..?

294109912.png

Chili-palmer,

I pay for a 16,000 kb download speed and 1000 kb upload speed. I was frustrated that I wasn't getting the speeds I should have been getting. I had a Linksys router which really had given me no trouble but I was starting to wonder if it was maybe the source of my bottleneck. I purchased this router...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3535372&CatId=2668

I'm now a firm believer that this router kicks butt and it makes my connection much more stable... consistently! After tweaking the crapload of settings I now get what I'm paying for and I couldn't be happier. The below comparision speaks for itself! The router was expensive but worth every penny in my book!

CONNECTION SPEED BEFORE D-LINK EXTREME GAMING ROUTER---> 273082054.png

Before I was never able to get above 11000kb's

CONNECTION SPEED AFTER D-LINK EXTREME GAMING ROUTER---> 275090972.png I realize the upload speed is the most important speed when it comes to online gaming, I wasn't able to maintain high upload speeds continuously before this router!

Pretty much have it tweaked where I like it! Don't believe it... just do the math! I highly recommend this product... it has the Xanthe stamp of approval! 8)