And The Dark Knight prevails

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willywonka159 ]

No it's not, the list on IMDB has Titanic at the number one spot...

Yours didn't....

lol...wow, ok, let me try to explain. The imbd list is an "all time gross" list. The list i posted is the all time gross list IF YOU ADJUST FOR INFLATION.

The lists would be the same either way......it's not a matter of which you prefer to use, it's a matter of the numbers used to create the order of the list.

OMNI ]
willywonka159 ]

No it's not, the list on IMDB has Titanic at the number one spot...

Yours didn't....

lol...wow, ok, let me try to explain. The imbd list is an "all time gross" list. The list i posted is the all time gross list IF YOU ADJUST FOR INFLATION.

The lists would be the same either way......it's not a matter of which you prefer to use, it's a matter of the numbers used to create the order of the list.

How would they be the same?

adjust for inflation on the idbm list or deduct the inflation on the list I posted

basically "Gone With The Wind" sold more tickets but for a far less value. They were 23 cents a ticket at the time.....as opposed to today's prices of $11 or $13 or even $20.

Oddly enough, 1939 was the year the batman comic was created.....yet another fun fact

Look on the list i posted where it says Unadjusted Gross. If you take those numbers and sort them largest to smallest, those numbers match up with the imbd site list.

Now, Church said he liked or preferred to used the imbd site list. My point was that they are the same, one just accounts for inflation, the other does not. They are the same list of movies, only in a different order, based on what you are accounting for....adjusted or unadjusted gross revenue.

uugghhh, I hope that makes sense....now all the fun is gone :-[

OMNI ]

My point was that they are the same, one just accounts for inflation, the other does not. They are the same list of movies, only in a different order, based on what you are accounting for....adjusted or unadjusted gross revenue.

That's why I was confused, you said that the lists were the same, when they were in different order. To me, that means that the lists are not the same....

willywonka159 ]
OMNI ]

My point was that they are the same, one just accounts for inflation, the other does not. They are the same list of movies, only in a different order, based on what you are accounting for....adjusted or unadjusted gross revenue.

That's why I was confused, you said that the lists were the same, when they were in different order. To me, that means that the lists are not the same....

is this a riddle?

CDBS14 ]
willywonka159 ]
OMNI ]

My point was that they are the same' date=' one just accounts for inflation, the other does not. They are the same list of movies, only in a different order, based on what you are accounting for....adjusted or unadjusted gross revenue.

is this a riddle?

Holy shit when does school start??!!??

Seriously, maybe get some fresh air for a bit ::)

FEAR_WADE ]
CDBS14 ]
willywonka159 ]
OMNI ]

My point was that they are the same' date=' one just accounts for inflation, the other does not. They are the same list of movies, only in a different order, based on what you are accounting for....adjusted or unadjusted gross revenue.

is this a riddle?

Holy shit when does school start??!!??

Seriously, maybe get some fresh air for a bit ::)

I second that.

CDBS14 ]

school starts september the second' date=' if you notice i dont have a lot of time on the forums i just come see new posts and reply then im gone.

[/quote']

Because that explanation makes yer fluffing much less annoying. ::)

Guest Corruptor310

"if you notice i dont have a lot of time on the forums i just come see new posts and reply then im gone."

CDbs14 became a forum member on JAN 12, 2008 and only has 1503 posts.

I became a forum member on Aug 17th 2007 and I have 299 posts.

Go outside and get some fresh air!!!

Guest Corruptor310

"also i got my iphone i can come in the website from the outside world. "

well I hope someday you go sit in a park and tell us how the grass smells, how the trees look and how the sun feels!

lol jk

yea i get bored outside sometimes, so i just come here, im at flushing meadows park with my friends trying to get a soccer game, takes about 2 hours to find a group of drunk mexican to play with. sometimes i got to wait like1 hour for my sister at her daycare because they got a special activity.