And The Dark Knight prevails

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]

the lusitania' date=' supposedly the reason why the united states entered ww1, of course it was lie, there were many other reasons, the lusitania was sunked by a german u-boat in the atlantic ocean without any warning to the crew or passengers.

or they can make a hindenburg movie.

[/quote']

Wasn't a lie...

smokeosama ]
CDBS14 ]
BX-ROBSTEALTH-NY ]

One more to go the all-time highest grossing movie ever--

one more million? if so that is in like one hour' date=' when the next movie starts.

[/quote']

He means one more record to go..My original bet was that this movie would gross $175 mil for the opening weekend. I wasn't far off.

At the risk of bringing this thread back on topic.... ;)

You may be closer than you think Smoke. Church's post reflected early Sunday numbers. The movie still had the majority of yesterday to reach that number. If it can make $66.4 million in 24 hours its could easily pull down $20 million during the day yesterday.

Another thing to keep in mind as we awe at the money, and I hate to be the party pooper here, keep in mind that Dark Knight opened on more screens than Spiderman 3, ran a 24 hour marathon, and in a lot of places the tickets cost more than Spiderman 3. It really comes down to how many tickets were sold if anyone can find that information.

As far as Dark Knight beating out Titanic, its possible.

CDBS14 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

It wont beat Titanic. lol

I'll bet both of you. ;D

it has a chance' date=' even if it doesn't win it will get second place or third place.

[/quote']

Are you kidding me?!?! It's a great movie, no doubt, but it won't beat Star Wars and Shrek 2. If anything, it'll get 5th or 6th.....

willywonka159 ]

No way in Hell will The Dark Knight beat Titanic, they still need 400 Million Dollars.....

In fact, NO movie will ever beat Titanic, no one.....

Actually, "Gone With The Wind", released in 1939, if adjusting for inflation, is the highest grossing movie of all time.

just a little fun fact for ya

OMNI ]
willywonka159 ]

No way in Hell will The Dark Knight beat Titanic, they still need 400 Million Dollars.....

Actually, "Gone With The Wind", released in 1939, if adjusting for inflation, is the highest grossing movie of all time.

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please help me with this math.

1967 - The Graduate made $104,901,839 which adjusts to (according to this site) $588,731,200 in 2008.

1967 - The Jungle Book made $141,843,612 which adjusts to (according to this site) $506,917,800 in 2008.

$141,843,612 - $104,901,839 = $36,941,773

$588,731,200 - $506,917,800 = $81,813,400

That math looks correct right?

The numbers don't add up on that site. Both movies were released in 1967. How does the movie that made $36,941,773 more in 1967 end up making $81,813,400 less once adjusted to 2008 ticket prices?

CDBS14 ]
OMNI ]

check it out......Titanic isn't even in the top 5

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

its number one if it is unadjusted' date=' but adjusted it turns to number 6, also how the heck is house of wax on the top 100, that movie sucked.

[/quote']

It's the old version.. you know, the one without Paris Hilton

-ChurcH- ]
CDBS14 ]
OMNI ]

check it out......Titanic isn't even in the top 5

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

its number one if it is unadjusted' date=' but adjusted it turns to number 6, also how the heck is house of wax on the top 100, that movie sucked.

[/quote']

It's the old version.. you know, the one without Paris Hilton

ohh ok, it should say that. not just house of wax.

CDBS14 ]
OMNI ]
willywonka159 ]

No way in Hell will The Dark Knight beat Titanic' date=' they still need 400 Million Dollars.....

[/quote']

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm Down, not "PWNED", just looked at the non-adjusted one.

Oh and BTW, imdb.com RULEZ....

willywonka159 ]
CDBS14 ]
OMNI ]
willywonka159 ]

No way in Hell will The Dark Knight beat Titanic' date=' they still need 400 Million Dollars.....

[/quote']

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm Down, not "PWNED", just looked at the non-adjusted one.

Oh and BTW, imdb.com RULEZ....

ok, so I guess you guys missed the point. If you adjust for inflation, the list I posted and the list on imbd is still the same.