Beta Tournament

Guest SuddenRedScare

Although having a small tournament sounds like a good idea, I think the staff of Urgent Fury deserves a little break. They have supplied us with seven or eight tours over the past eight months and probably wouldn't mind just enjoying some time away and some quality time with the beta. I know there will be plenty of quality time with the beta for this guy. :)

Beta tourney / Break

Both good ideas..!!

Maybe a compremise of both..

Have a tourney that lasts as many days as it takes to have a single elimination tourney.

Starts on the 8th and wars every night. (plenty of time to get it set up & for them to work out any small bugs)

Complete bracket is posted before the start, so you know who you play (1 of 2) the next day if you win, & show up at normal war time with only veteran UF clans.

All for fun, no use for serious clan rep duties.

Guest SuddenRedScare
-Rooster- ]

A month really isnt alot of time. It will take me a week to get used to the game.

But I am sure I will want Mature competition so. I wish I get my headset with the beta LOL.

USB is the way to go, Bro. I bought a Blutooth and used it once. I use my XBOX Live mic. :)

Seems to me that it'd make alot more sense to spend the beta time familiarizing one's self with the game / new controls, etc, and prepare for the actual Tacmap tourney that WILL be a reality for Socom Confrontation.

Guest KingJunk
CDBS14 ]

i say we just make our rooms on socom and hold mini tourneys' date=' or game nights.

[/quote']

I dont know about you but every night is game night for me ;D

Wow that would be really tough for them to put together a tourney in the beta time frame. They usually have the tournaments well thought out and i think it would be near impossible to get one organized without seeing the game and having only 4 weeks after seeing it to complete the tourney.

Yeah, I would say the entire POINT of the beta is to work out the kinks and test the servers. No need in setting up a tourney that we may not get to play because the servers cannot hold.

I mean, from what I hear, the closed beta drops every few games. That would make a tourney almost IMPOSSIBLE in it self.

I vote for give the guys a rest and let them enjoy it too. ;)