Anyone here ever been to a "pub crawl?"

Anyone here ever participated in a pub crawl?

Y'know...an organized trail of bars that you and about 200 other people participate in raiding on a time schedule to drink as much as possible?

Anyone have any good stories about them?

The only one I have involved me in a beer garden at one during Halloween and when a homeless woman came up to me, I thought she was a chick DRESSED as a homeless woman.....but no, she was crazy and homeless and took a handful of my nuts in her palm before walking off drunk, laughing the whole way.

My girlfriend at the time had some trouble mentally with that one. LOL

Others? How many have you been to and do you like 'em?

The Halloween one I went to was $30 per person and it included 8 bars.

At each bar, you got one beer and two top shelf shots...anything else past that you paid for.

But with 8 bars, it was ENOUGH.

Some guys, of course, had to drink as much as possible and wouldn't make it past the 5th bar.

Some ladies, I guess, are right. Some guys just don't know how to pace themselves.

Man i used to do pub crawls for work.!! lol

They do them a lot down buy the beaches.. most pier's have a lot of bars on & around them, so you would only need to go like 1/4 mile to hit 8 bars.!! (there are 6 bars on the Hermosa Beach pier alone .lol)

Chili-Palmer ]

They do them a lot down buy the beaches.. most pier's have a lot of bars on & around them, so you would only need to go like 1/4 mile to hit 8 bars.!! (there are 6 bars on the Hermosa Beach pier alone .lol)

same here.

we have pub crawls at both beaches during the summer plus one downtown. so ther lots of drunks walking around here i guess. :-\

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

we have a friend here that has a school bus, and our conty is made up of a bunch of small towns, each with 2-4 bars. every summer, we each pitch in $25 and my buddy drives us around from bar to bar. we start about noon on a saturday, and work our way back home spending about 30-45 minutes in each bar. we have a keg on the bus too!! the whole trip tkaes about 12 hours, and it is usually a really good time.

oh yeah, before you ask...the guy who drives us has been sober for 22 years. he does this once a year as a favor to all of his friends.

oh, and one more thing...we usually get together the night before and spray paint the bus soit has a new look every year when we make the trip!!

Undertow ]

At each bar, you got one beer and two top shelf shots...anything else past that you paid for.

8 beers and 16 shots...... Would make it hard for some to finish.

How close were the bars?

Here in Arizona we have a place called whiskey row. It has been called that now for over a hundred years or so. Its up in the cool mountains of Prescott AZ. There are about 14-20 (depending if you count the bars right off Montezuma) bars lining "whiskey row"-one street down town.

It is a tradition on a friends or family members birthday to start on one side of whiskey row and take a drink at each bar. These bars are all right next to each other, so you walk to each one... By the time you get to the end- Have a cab waiting for you.

Its very cool especially for folks new to that town- Each bar is different. So by the time your done you have hit a country bar, biker bar, hippie bar, micro brewery, hard rock bar, blues bar, billiards bar, sports bar, historical bar, martini bar, hip hop/ trendy bar, etc... Just make sure you go in the right order depending on how you handle 14-20 drinks in under 3 hours. ;)

If you are ever in AZ look me up, I will give you the tour 8)

Guest STR8_HATE

We always have them here in town atleast once a month, There are 13 bars in a 4 block strech. It runs from 6pm to 9pm. And it is a bitch to make all 13 bars. One being a hooters at the end of the road. You buy a t-shirt for each one that cost about $20, and gets you a beer and a shot at each bar. So do the math, 13 beers and 13 shots in 3 hours or less. We pride ourselves on being drunks in this town.

Here in Michigan there is an island where lower and upper Michigan connection called Mackinac Island. There are no cars but a complete city is built there (hotels, stores, bars, restaurants, etc). Well each bar there sells the same t-shirt. Its says "Bar Crawl" on the front with a nice little logo. On the back it lists all 12 bars and a special drink at each bar. Under each drink is a line where the bartender signs saying that you have been there and that you have had their specialty drink. Its all walking and takes about 3 hours to complete. I was glad that we were smart enough to plan drink #12 at the bar in the hotel I was staying at. I was blown up after drink #12.

Johnson30 ]
Undertow ]

8 beers and 16 shots...... Would make it hard for some to finish.

How close were the bars?

Within doors of each other on the same street.

baltimore is the quintessential pub crawl town.

Apart from bars all over the place, we have:

The Avenue in Hampden

Power Plant Live

Fell's Point

Canton Circle

Federal Hill

Each of these places pretty much stacks bars and food all over each other...great for college drinkers, some are good for tourists, PowerPlant has all the hoochie/wannabe thug clubs (except for Ghetto Row in Fell's Point, they have 3 bars in a row that only the trashy people go to). If you want upscale mingling, then Federal Hill or Canton is where you wanna be.

And my new house is walking distance of Canton Circle, and like 2-4 min cab ride from Fell's. So...pub crawling is a normality here, even without all the T-shirts proclaiming how often they are officially scheduled

I am a Bus Driver. When I first started driving I worked for a company who at the time had a standing contract with a Party Tour company. Being young (21) I quickly became the party companies favorite driver and I was requested so often by them that any booking this company made were just given to me. In 3 years I drove over 200 pub crawls, I averaged 5-6 a month. I have seen many crazy and f*%$ed up things.

I was driving a group from one bar to another, we were stopped at a red light on a very busy downtown street. My bus was noisy as hell between the music and people yelling. This guy on my bus starts yelling out the window to some people on the street just mouthing off being a tough guy in a bus. The guys on the street walked up to my bus and one of them punched my passenger in the face. So the drunk guy comes to the front of the bus, blood everywhere wanting to get off and go fight this other guy. I make him back off and I kept driving. Drunk bleeding guy couldn't stay in one place though. He got blood everywhere he even managed to get some on the celling. I lost him at the next bar but he probably went to the hospital I think he had a broken nose. My company was kinda pissed when I brought the bus back after that trip, because of the blood the bus had to be sanitized and scrubbed not just cleaned with soap and water.

The worst part of any pub crawl is the guy who drinks too much and cant hold his alcohol. I hate the pukers! People were given 2 options if they puked on my bus. They could clean it themselves or it was a $50 clean up fee if I had to do.

The best part for me was the money (and the cool perks). I made a killing in tips doing these pub crawls.

I made the most I ever got in tips after yelling at the passenger during one trip.

On my Bus you could drink and you could smoke (cigarettes) but no weed. For the simple fact that a term of my employment with the Bus company was to be part of a random drug testing program. I didn't care about the weed but I couldn't (at the time) be around it. This pub crawl was a private party and I was driving them all to their final destination. This group had kinda pissed me off a bit that evening I was looking forward to being rid of them for the night, so it didn't take much to set me off. On our way to the last stop I smelled weed, so I shut off the music and told them to put it out they couldn't smoke it on the bus. 5 Min's later I can still smell weed and I can see them smoking in my mirror. I pulled over to the side of the highway, put my 4 way flashers on and turned off my bus. I then got out of the drivers seat so I could face them and went up one side of the bus and down the other, I just tore a strip off them. When I asked them to put out the weed the first time a couple of the guys got rude and mouthy, this put them in their place. I had no more problems for the rest of the ride. When we got to our destination half the group apologized to me for their behaviour that evening and the other half the group thanked me for the trip and for putting up with the trouble makers. Most of them were giving me 10's and 20's as they filed off the bus that night. I made 470 dollars in tips that night... Apparently anger is the answer. ;)

Then there are the priceless moments. I had a drunk girl once fall ass backwards down the bus stairs. She landed at the bottom legs in the air skirt pushed up. All I have to say is that was probably the last time she went out drinking in a short skirt with no panties on. :o

I have many stories and could go on forever but I'll stop now.

Those are some of my pub crawl experiences from a bus drivers perspective. :)

Guest Skipper
Pathogen- ]

baltimore is the quintessential pub crawl town.

Apart from bars all over the place, we have:

The Avenue in Hampden

Power Plant Live

Fell's Point

Canton Circle

Federal Hill

Each of these places pretty much stacks bars and food all over each other...great for college drinkers, some are good for tourists, PowerPlant has all the hoochie/wannabe thug clubs (except for Ghetto Row in Fell's Point, they have 3 bars in a row that only the trashy people go to). If you want upscale mingling, then Federal Hill or Canton is where you wanna be.

And my new house is walking distance of Canton Circle, and like 2-4 min cab ride from Fell's. So...pub crawling is a normality here, even without all the T-shirts proclaiming how often they are officially scheduled

It's Canton Square, not circle

Guest KingJunk
Skipper ]
Pathogen- ]
Skipper ]

It's Canton Square, not circle

WHy Skyp...you are absolutely correct! How did you know?

I live in Bel Air.

So does that make you the Fresh Prince?

Guest Skipper
Pathogen- ]

are you serious? My parents live in Forest Hill...I went to CMW

ps...bel air bars blow donkey. Looneys/Dead Freddies FAIL

Bel Air is more laid back....not the nuts to buts stuff in Baltimore

Green Turtle and Magerks are pretty cool for the plus 30 crowd.

Oh and CMW sucks.

Chili-Palmer ]

Hmmmm... You could hit 8 bars on a half city block here in Juneau Ak.....LOL... And like Joe Friday..I have never been in an organized crawl, but have managed to crawl out of a few.