PRIVATE MATCHES?

So.....from what I'm gathering just now online in a room test.....

You can now set up a private room, BUT, when you set up the private room it doesn't appear on the server list of rooms that a player can join. There is no "password" needed anymore. The way to invite people into the room is to go to the friends tab at the bottom, send out messages to those players through SOCOM, and then wait for them to enter.

Thing is, I just tested this, and accepting the message doesn't bring you to the room.

I just tried this with a player and after they accepted it, nothing happened. It was when he went to the Central server that he THOUGHT I would be in (because there were fewer players in it at the time) and clicked to enter Central 3, it immediately pulled him into my private room. He didn't even have a chance to LOOK at the server list of individual rooms. It just whisked him into mine.

Is this pretty much the scenario with private room forming and joining now?

Does anyone experience something different when trying to do this?

Nope, that's exactly how it works. We realized that yesterday.. created a Private room in Central 4, got the invite, accepted and was left there wondering what next? I went to the Central 4 server and it automatically put me in the game. It looks like you have to know where the room is in order to be allowed in.. kind of stupid

SHANE23 ]

You don't even have to go to Cent 4. go to ANY server then click join after you accepted the invite and it will put you in game.

This has been Black Ops experience so far. You can go to any server and it will put you directly into the game you were invited to. Once in the game anyone can send out invites as well.

Tow just like all these guys are saying...BUT there has also been the times where after you accept the invite..back out to the Custom Match screen and the JOIN GAME selection will be available..but its not all the time for some reason. When its not...that is when they have to select channel and it doesn't matter which one you choose...just select Join Game there and it will bring you into the room. All Private rooms DO NOT show up on the Server that they are made...so no one else knows you have a private room there.

Seems like some unnecessary steps you have to go through to get in a private game..maybe they will do something with it later..for now the important stuff (Servers, freeze ups etc..) should get addressed first and worry about the other stuff later.

yeah, I accept from messages and then I just goto Join game and it loads me in. The speed of the friend list sux ass and even if you've picked everyone to send inv's to u still have to scroll to bottom of list to get to DONE. If they added the FOLLOW UR FRIEND option (i can dream) we "probably" wouldn't have to do this.