Clan Officers on Roster

Hey everyone....

I noticed on the SOCOM clan roster online that it offers the clan leader the ability to PROMOTE officers.

I also noticed that it seems that the number of officers corresponds with the number of people in your clan.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

What does promoting someone do? Does it change their insignia? Does it allow them to do things with the clan that normally only the clan leader can do?

What's the amount of officers you can have?

Neo_Unit001 ]

I have been promoted. It changed my symbol to the leader symbol and gave me the ability to send tags it also lets me see pending ones so if I want to deny a tag I can. It doesn't let me take tags away.

Ok, that's good info to know.

CDBS14 ]

it gives them the same insignia as the leader' date=' also if an officer leaves the clan you do not get back the officer credit and you lose it.

[/quote']

REALLY? That's sorta hard to believe.

Did you read this somewhere?

So if an officer is no longer a part of your clan, then your clan loses that officer allotment for the entire duration that the clan exists?

.........And how is it they release the game with none of this info available?!

My god. I've just scoured the net trying to find OFFICIAL word on how this feature works, and NOTHING. Who the fuck DOES that?

And Dat if you read this, please don't take this as personal against you. I just DON'T understand how features are not described in a manner that allows them to be functional for the end-user, or how you completely FORGET and leave out feature's promised.

Remember that little tidbit about being able to stay on one side for the duration of the match....? WTF?!

I'm new to socom online, and while the gameplay has won me over (when it's PLAYABLE) the presentation and follow through of the features suck ass so far.

Sorry Tow, your thread again. ;)

Tool_Minion ]

.........And how is it they release the game with none of this info available?!

My god. I've just scoured the net trying to find OFFICIAL word on how this feature works, and NOTHING. Who the fuck DOES that?

...I just DON'T understand how features are not described in a manner that allows them to be functional for the end-user, or how you completely FORGET and leave out feature's promised...

I just did as well. I actually stressed myself out looking! I also thought there would be some way that an external .xml file would exist where you could link your clans members stats...onto you own website? I'm 'sure' that I read about that promise...'NOTHING!'

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Wasn't there also supposed to be a stats website like the socom3.scea.com but this one showed heat-maps and shit like that of where you kill people and such. Or did they believe that keeping it in Japan was a fun thing to do?

that was supposed to be socom.com. Since they are having all of these server issues, they have not gone into phase 2 of it yet.

Hey guys does any other clan have a problem. We are sending out invites for officer positions but the rest of the clan can see them but the person who is being promoted doesn't get the message thus him or her not being able to accept it. Any idea? WTF The clan roster was the last thing you needed to worry about in the old socoms, also you can't follow people?

MaluNYMets ]

Hey guys does any other clan have a problem. We are sending out invites for officer positions but the rest of the clan can see them but the person who is being promoted doesn't get the message thus him or her not being able to accept it. Any idea? WTF The clan roster was the last thing you needed to worry about in the old socoms' date=' also you can't follow people?

[/quote']

I didn't have any problems getting my officer promo invite.

x_SHARKBAIT_x ]
MaluNYMets ]

Hey guys does any other clan have a problem. We are sending out invites for officer positions but the rest of the clan can see them but the person who is being promoted doesn't get the message thus him or her not being able to accept it. Any idea? WTF The clan roster was the last thing you needed to worry about in the old socoms' date=' also you can't follow people?

[/quote']

I didn't have any problems getting my officer promo invite.

When did you get the invite? After you first got the game or very recently?