Blackberry Storm???

.-SEABEE-. ]

Heres one for your little iPhone/iPod....the storm comes with 8gigs of memory with an optimal 16 gig available memory. Also, an uprade will soon be available making the Storm capeable of Rhapsody. For only $15 a month, u get unlimited music downloads to your phone. I have it and have maxed out the 8 gig memory on my Dare.....over 9400 songs to choose from in my library and a list choice of over 5 mil on Rhapsody. To pay for all that music on iTunes you would spend $9400.....dont think i have the spare change to afford that. I have noticed one flaw so far on the Storm though. It tends to be a little slow with the applications. This will soon be fixed with a software upgrade. While you are at it, can you please show me how to remove your battery and put a new one in?.....Nope, gotta send it in or if you are lucky and have an Apple store, they can change the soldered in battery out for you for a whopping $78. Just a little hint, Apple actually approached Verizon with the original idea of selling the iPhone and they were turned down because Verizon doesn't want to have to send the customers to another company to service a phone they sell. Dont get me wrong guys, everyone is intitled to their own opinion and no one wants to be told their device is inferior. I also understand some people are very loyal to their cellular carrier. My thoughts are this....if it works well for you.....great....stick with them. There are literally millions of customers who settle for less than perfect service because thats all they have to choose from for service. Just be glad you have the options of who you choose, I will make a prediction though.....eventually it will just come down to two carriers.....Verizon and AT&T. All others will either fade out or be swallowed up by the monsters. For example, Sprint has consistantly dropped over a million customers every quarter since the last quarter of last year. They laid off 4000 employees and closed over 125 locations. Their stock has plummeted to just over $3 a share. All the while, AT&T and Verizon bosted over 2 million new subscribers in just one quarter. The Verizon purchase of Alltel will be complete by the end of the first quarter next year making Verizon the LARGEST US carrier. They have effectively taken the best to biggest.

PWNED

Its probably pretty hard to talk to the same reps twice in your life time with the amount of call centers they have. But then again with AT&T losing customers you also have to factor in loss of customers = less busy times for customer service. Verizon = more customers = longer times yet I have never waited more then 2 mins for a rep.

At&t: I have the business service... Maybe its service is different... When I moved a while back I forgot to forward the address and change over my electronic banking...

Three months later they called and "asked how my service was" and "asked if I had moved to a new area or was traveling more". They never even asked for payment until I brought it up, let alone interupting my service for almost a quarter of non payment. I of course payed it immediately and they earned my loyalty.

I never call the center for anything- I just go into a local branch for anything I need and they are always professional and couldn't be more helpful.

I had had Alltell for 9 years (with the same number) while I had At&t- Their service level started out top notch the 1st 5 years- Then they cared less about what you wanted unless you were signing a contract. I had a phone I purchased that had problems (phone defective) after changing out the phone 3 times (and about 40 dropped calls and 3 months later) they refused to even meet me halfway on switching out for a different model- I told them after 9 years this is how you treat your customers? They said yes its not our fault (even though I bought the phone and service with them). I told the rep/ supervisor to "piss off" and "in 2 years call me on my At&T phone when he needs a job" (a few months later Verison went forward with the buy out).

my long phone story^

US25

Neo_Unit001 ]

I have 500songs I got the 8gig I don't need the 16gig I'm barely using 3-4gigs. Ill stick with the trend setter rather the copycats. Also I love Apple so theres another reason ill stay with the Iphone. The others are nice and but i'm not to into them. The google one looks cool too.

Thank you!

By the way, my co-worker got the new blackberry and I was trying it out. It looks cool, but something frustrates me on it, you have to press down on the keys in order to type. It takes twice as long to type something on the blackberry then it would have on the iphone. Its a touch screen, but if you just barely touch it, it will highlight the key, but not register it. You have to keep your finger down on it for a second so the key can register. Not sure if its a design thing, or its just slow in reacting.

I got the samsung instinct through sprint. I heard people say bad shit about it. But is well as i know it i love it. It has full navigation touch screan just like the iphone. Hold i think 4gb of songs on it.You can search music on it food, bars,clubs, gas stations or whatever and will give youe the phone number n the navigation directions to the place of intrest. I love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for some help on this topic. Here's my current situation. My wife and I are on a shared plan with sprint ... we pay about $110 a month for two lines. My dad is on verizon and pays about $60 a month and my mom is on AT&T and pays $30 a month. I think we can get more services and save some cash if we all go on a family plan.

I want to start using my phone for email, surfing, pictures, etc so I want to get a data package for sure. My contract expired and my dads will come February so we'll probably do it then. I couldn't believe the price difference in Verizon and Sprint for nearly the same services. Four lines, unlimited data and 1500 shared minutes with Sprint is $169 a month ... at Verizon for unlimited data and 1400 shared minutes it's $229 a month.

Any suggestions on what provider would be best ? The phone decision will be next :)

Well I got to say I tried Sprint T mobile and ATT and I never got good service like Verzion. I am talking about more coverage area and reception in places quite frankly you might need to call 911 lol. Anyways The worst decision I ever made was leaving Verizon and I went back a month later or a couple each time. Then again I live in NY it could be a different issue with you and your area but service wise great all my phones have been great whenever i Have trouble I bring it in and they replace the phone for me with a brand new or refurbished one. Heck I've been doing it for no reason now lol just to replace the phone i dropped lol. I have the black berry storm and I LOVE IT. Once applications come out febuary its going to be even better!

MaluNYMets ]

Well I got to say I tried Sprint T mobile and ATT and I never got good service like Verzion. I am talking about more coverage area and reception in places quite frankly you might need to call 911 lol. Anyways The worst decision I ever made was leaving Verizon and I went back a month later or a couple each time. Then again I live in NY it could be a different issue with you and your area but service wise great all my phones have been great whenever i Have trouble I bring it in and they replace the phone for me with a brand new or refurbished one. Heck I've been doing it for no reason now lol just to replace the phone i dropped lol. I have the black berry storm and I LOVE IT. Once applications come out febuary its going to be even better!

Yeah, I've only had AT&T and sprint, AT&T just had way too many dead zones in my commute to work. I've never had verizon, but really can't see how it can be THAT much better for an extra 50 bucks a month and 100 less shared minutes.

I have verizon and I love it. We have 2000 minutes, unlimited data, 3 lines, free long distance, no roaming anywhere in the country, incl. Ala, and we pay 179.00. You might look to see what if you are getting the best deal. I don't see one more line adding 60 bucks.

In rural Wyoming, I rarely get dropped calls and dead areas. Same when I'm in the surrounding states, that I travel too frequently.

I'm still thinking about what to do.. I have Nextel, which is apparently on a different line than Sprint, but still the same company.

I might get the new Blackberry Curve with Direct Connect.!

My contract ended last year, & if i was to switch i think i would try Verizon.

i've tried att, sprint, and verizon, and have been using tmobile for the past 2 years. in my area, and the few surrounding areas i visit, the least amount of bars i have is 2. i've got 1500 minutes, my faves, unlimited text/IM/email/pix, free tmobile to tmobile, and free nights and weekends. i've got 2 people on this line, and i pay $70 a month. for what i do, where i do it, this is perfect b/c i've got great reception with no questions asked.

as for my phone, i went out and this about 2 days ago, i got the samsung gravity. before this i had the razr, the moto rokr, and the nokia 5300.