less hw?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, No child left behind started in Texas. Not NYC. ;)

I gotta say suck it up. Maybe not the k-5 kids, but after that suck it up. The real world is hard fucking work, and kids should be forced to learn that at an early age. If you want nice shit, you must work your ass off for it.

Got this in an email and thought it was funny.

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2008

Scenario :

Jack goes quail hunting before school,

pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun,

goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail

and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in

for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario :

Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins.

Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2008 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark.

Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario :

Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal.

Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2008- Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.

Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state

&nbs p; because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario :

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car

and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal,

goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2008 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse.

Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang.

State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers

being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario :

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2008 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations.

Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2008 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state.

Newspaper articles appear nationally

explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist.

ACLU files class action lawsuit against st ate school system

and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum.

Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up

mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario :

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July,

puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2008- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called..

Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents,

siblings removed from home, computers confiscated,

Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list

and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee.

He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2008 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.

She faces 3 years in State Prison.

Johnny undergoes 5 ye ars of therapy

AS to the earlier topic, any job where it can all be left at work at the end of the day, will never get you close to that avg. of $51K.

"The median annual earnings for someone in the labor force age 25 or older were $32,000"

-http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_national_average_American_income

My high school 20 years ago ranked in the top %10 for SAT scores. I believe I was the last generation to get paddled in school and look where we are now. There's a reason it works, it's basic animal instinct, do bad, get hit, don't do bad again to aviod getting hit again, BIG FUCKING DUH!!!

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

AS to the earlier topic, any job where it can all be left at work at the end of the day, will never get you close to that avg. of $51K.

"The median annual earnings for someone in the labor force age 25 or older were $32,000"

-http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_national_average_American_income

My high school 20 years ago ranked in the top %10 for SAT scores. I believe I was the last generation to get paddled in school and look where we are now. There's a reason it works, it's basic animal instinct, do bad, get hit, don't do bad again to aviod getting hit again, BIG FUCKING DUH!!!

Yeah but the paddling and spanking wouldn't work on kids these days. Look at Cd he would like the spanking from his teachers so he in fact would get himself in more trouble just for the whooping.

CDBS14 ]

wtf? if a teacher spanked me' date=' unless it was my english teacher (she is hot) i would sue their asses. I will take their money anyday, also no need to spank me, im cool with my teachers.

[/quote']

The Point of how ridiculous things are these days exactly.. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]

wtf? if a teacher spanked me' date=' unless it was my english teacher (she is hot) i would sue their asses. I will take their money anyday, also no need to spank me, im cool with my teachers.

[/quote']

yep, some lawsuits are legit for example my cousin was has dislexia, he sued the department of education because he was not being helped even though he was under a program in the school.

Another case was when i was in 6 grade, first day of school the match teacher got mad at some girl and threw a stapler at her head; the girls parents sued and we never heard from that girl again.

CDBS14 ]
Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

Another case was when i was in 6 grade, first day of school the match teacher got mad at some girl and threw a stapler at her head; the girls parents sued and we never heard from that girl again.

PWnd

Thats all part of the problem these days.. Everyone is sue happy, dont they realize what that does to this country, & its economy..!?

Not to mention our daily lives, & Routines get altered everytime.

Its what is ruining this country. people need to quit trying to get everything the easy way & start EARNING it.!!

The teacher should have the right to throw a stapler at her.!!!

Chili-Palmer ]

Thats all part of the problem these days.. Everyone is sue happy, dont they realize what that does to this country, & its economy..!?

Its what is ruining this country. people need to quit trying to get everything the easy way & start EARNING it.!!

the teacher threw a stapler because the girl questioned the teachers opinion on a math problem.

So if that was your daughter it would be ok? someone deserves a stapler to the head for questioning a teacher?

Chili-Palmer ]

Preach Chili Preach!! I am all for physical punishment coming back into the public school system. It is needed today with all these punk kids. I don't even want to talk about what has happened to local teachers here just in my district!! Last year at a high school in my old town 20 minutes away from where I currently live a 15yrs old student stabbed a teacher last year because he wasn't happy with his final grade. That teacher is now permanently disfigured and has giving up teaching. What the fuck! These kids need beatings that they obviously don't get at home.

CDBS14 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Thats all part of the problem these days.. Everyone is sue happy' date=' dont they realize what that does to this country, & its economy..!?

[/quote']

the teacher threw a stapler because the girl questioned the teachers opinion on a math problem.

So if that was your daughter it would be ok? someone deserves a stapler to the head for questioning a teacher?

just want to quote myself, a teacher has no reason to hit a student for a dumb excuse such as a student questioning them; as for the stabbing and stuff wtf. some kids are crazy but that doesn't mean every one is.

You have to give more information than that CD. I was raised to RESPECT my elders, today's average student doesn't have a clue about that. It's not the students place to question curriculum. It's the parents job, through the PTA or school board.

BigMoneyNacku ]

You have to give more information than that CD. I was raised to RESPECT my elders, today's average student doesn't have a clue about that. It's not the students place to question curriculum. It's the parents job, through the PTA or school board.

off topic, but i miss your "Sho-Nuff" sig

BigMoneyNacku ]

the girl said i know a different and easier way to solve the problem, and she did; i guess the teacher got pissed and threw the stapler at her; i was there she just went all crazy on her, that teacher was fired a few days later but the girl still sued.

Also how can you say it isn't the students place to question curriculum, i am not gonna sit there and listen to a teacher give me false or outdated information without me saying something. Many of my teachers hated me for the fact that i always corrected them one of my history teachers once mixed up PERSIA AND PRUSSIA, that the 100 years war was caused by the fur trade.

Respecting an elder is much different than keeping my mouth shut and allowed to be fed false information; i respect my teachers i never raise my voice i joke around with them, i even help them grade test papers so i can get community credits but i am not going to allow a teacher to make a mistake and only because the teacher is an adult allow it to go on as nothing; some students will keep that false information and retain it until test day and what happens when a question regarding the Franco-prussian war shows up and the student things it has to do with ancient history.

CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

You have to give more information than that CD. I was raised to RESPECT my elders' date=' today's average student doesn't have a clue about that. It's not the students place to question curriculum. It's the parents job, through the PTA or school board.

[/quote']

the girl said i know a different and easier way to solve the problem, and she did; i guess the teacher got pissed and threw the stapler at her; i was there she just went all crazy on her, that teacher was fired a few days later but the girl still sued.

Also how can you say it isn't the students place to question curriculum, i am not gonna sit there and listen to a teacher give me false or outdated information without me saying something. Many of my teachers hated me for the fact that i always corrected them one of my history teachers once mixed up PERSIA AND PRUSSIA, that the 100 years war was caused by the fur trade.

Respecting an elder is much different than keeping my mouth shut and allowed to be fed false information; i respect my teachers i never raise my voice i joke around with them, i even help them grade test papers so i can get community credits but i am not going to allow a teacher to make a mistake and only because the teacher is an adult allow it to go on as nothing; some students will keep that false information and retain it until test day and what happens when a question regarding the Franco-prussian war shows up and the student things it has to do with ancient history.

Look at the big brain on Brad.

Whew. First off CD, you see it and you HAVE to realize that you are the exception to the rules here.

1. Get used to being fed false information. When one of your coworkers does the exact same thing, it's not proper to just start a confrontation with that person, is it? No, you take it their supervisor, or them. After hours.

2. Faster is not better. It's like reading the back of the Rubik's box and solving it right away. Yeah you did it, but you don't know how you did it. That's why they don't teach the shortcut methods. So you understand what you did.

3. Again dude. Questioning your teachers in a full classroom is flat out rude. Some of them are using outdated text books anyways. It would be like when alot of us were in JH/HS and our books said Henry Ford invented the Automobile. Even if I did know that was false, I wouldn't have called out the teacher in class, because I had respect. If you knew the teacher was wrong and knew the correct answer, how are you being fed false information? You know the truth, and can prove it, so why not bring it up afterwards so the discrepancy didn't affect your grade or anyone else's? Instead of intentionally trying to make the teacher look like a jackass for what probably was a simple mistake.

I know there are some people that have no business in the teaching profession. That teacher is probably one of them for throwing a stapler. You have to have more self control. The majority however don't get paid what they are worth, and have to put up with dated materials. If anyone of them made any mistakes, they still have a wealth of knowledge and life lessons they could impart to you and should get your respect for that if nothing else. I have quite a few friends that are teachers. I hear all the time the things that they deal with. Cut them some slack dude. When you get to college and are paying for it, then you can fire away with the objections in mid class.

p.s. I need to stop posting when I'm lit. ;)