MAG Interview

is there a difference between mag, and mag shadow wars? they seemed to make a distinction between the 2 of them in the interview

Yea, I got that too. I always thought that the official name was MAG: Shadow Wars.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2696/mag-to-have-a-subtitle/

The gameplay looks intersting also.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48644.html

BigMoneyNacku ]

As much as I want to get hyped for this game, I can't. I have about as much faith in Zipper as I do in /6. So until I get a chance to rent it and check it out, I'll be holding my breath. :-X

You may not want to start holding your breath until the game at least comes out. Just saying... ;) ;D

z-Prime-z ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

As much as I want to get hyped for this game, I can't. I have about as much faith in Zipper as I do in /6. So until I get a chance to rent it and check it out, I'll be holding my breath. :-X

You may not want to start holding your breath until the game at least comes out. Just saying... ;) ;D

LOL

I just wonder why a company with so much experience in creating Third Person Shooters, switches and makes a FPS, without even the option of using TPS, or at least from what I have read. Thats disappointing IMO, but I think I will at least rent it and see what its like. Does anyone know if they plan on using dedicated servers? With that many people I would hope so.

z-Prime-z ]
SnowBud ]

Does anyone know if they plan on using dedicated servers? With that many people I would hope so.

I think that I read some where that this will be a pay to play game. They are going to charge a monthly fee for the servers. Not sure were I read that though.

Hopefully if they do that, they give us the option, for example a clan can buy or rent its own server, but there will have to be some SONY dedicated servers.

BigMoneyNacku ]

are you kidding?? /6 proved that they are more incompetent than zipper,lets face it thier piece of shit is the worst incarnation of socom EVER. Any company that can fuck up a great game worse than zipper did with socom 3, is beyond me.

xREVERENDx ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

are you kidding?? /6 proved that they are more incompetent than zipper,lets face it thier piece of shit is the worst incarnation of socom EVER. Any company that can fuck up a great game worse than zipper did with socom 3, is beyond me.

LMAO.. well said rev...

Here is my only question.

It sounds like there is NO clan structure. You are just put into a battle with some fucking KID that is a commander. No clan structure...NO PLAY!!! Bastards!!

SEQUOYAH ]

It sounds like there is NO clan structure. You are just put into a battle with some fucking KID that is a commander. No clan structure...NO PLAY!!! Bastards!!

That's what I got from this last interview. Sounds like a cool concept but doesn't sound like something I will be for. :-\

Wow a teen rating, no blood and guts they say :-\ Wants to appeal to a large audience, kids obviously is the large audience they want to appeal too by not making this game with an M rating. You know he says they have to be able to fill up those absurdly large rooms. Boo

Combined with the little clan support and FPS, I have too say I for one am not impressed.

SEQUOYAH ]

I mean, playing these types of games is about playing with your friends from your clan. This is bull shit.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't hear whether or not clan structure was involved. They didn't mention it one way or the other.

Wow a teen rating, no blood and guts they say :-\ Wants to appeal to a large audience, kids obviously is the large audience they want to appeal too by not making this game with an M rating. You know he says they have to be able to fill up those absurdly large rooms. Boo

As to the teen rating, I have to agree. With a game that big, you have to be able to open it up to more people. Its the same reason a lot of movies go for the PG-13 as apposed to R.

SEQUOYAH ]

From what I heard, you have to prove yourself before your even allowed to be in those positions. So if it is some kid, hopefully he won't be some little douche bag.

The different radio frequencies sound pretty cool. The only time I've even played a game with a dedicated frequency is in KZ2. It definitely helps. I like that there is gonna be a beta test. That "should" answer a lot of questions about this game. Cause I have to admit, it almost sounds impossible what they are promising.

What I meant more or less was them talking about placing you with groups of 8. Are these my 8 friends? I doubt it. It sounds like an auto-match system to me. Which means no clan support IMO. Or even better what if 16 of my friends or clan is together, they split us up among two different 8 man fireteams on completely different areas on the map. Maybe I'm missing something and it is just speculation but to me it seems there's 3 factions, you choose one and you get auto-matched into a game with players around your skill level and depending on experience and wins a certain people are selected by the game to lead the way ::)

So me and my 5 friends are playing and lets say its a party system, we then enter a game together matched with 2 more people, and because little Joey spends all day playing in rooms he runs the show for us? Screw that.

Like I said I am just speculating but this is what I gathered from their comments.

Guest REBORNevilloki

This game is going to change the world of FPS' and video games, it looks awesome and the whole aspect of running different units under one clan is sick. I'm pretty sure many clans will have to merge to keep up with all the squads.

Thats DEFINATELY what it sounds like. Its an auto join respawn all damn day long. I mean, its a cool concept, but why not form clans, and those that aren't in a clan, can auto join the big picture.

Especially from Zipper, those guys should know better than anyone else. Assholes.

Sorry, I was really amped up about this, and it looks cool, but without the clan base, friends...it sucks.

This game is going to change the world of FPS' and video games, it looks awesome and the whole aspect of running different units under one clan is sick. I'm pretty sure many clans will have to merge to keep up with all the squads.

hopefully it works out from the beginning and it does not become that one game that tried and failed, yet paved the way for others.

There's way more players that aren't in clans. Like in Socom if your not in a clan it isn't as much fun. If they can improve the experience for that guy that doesn't belong to a clan to where he feels apart like your in a ?clan?. Then that would change everything.

So instead of a clan how about just a bunch of friends.

I see there point.