Horsemen, Horsemen Horsemen, Horsemen ????

• Directors

We are 6 days from the deadline, where are our players at???

Remember we have scheduled this completely around black so that there would be no conflicts with your clans schedules...

Get your teams in now!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Directors

It's funny Tool, this was the most requested item in the survey we did, yet we are going to have to cancel it cause we do not have atleat 16 teams

I'm sure alot of it is scheduling. Even being scheduled around Black and Chosin, alot of people would be playing in tourney games 6 nights a week. That definitely takes it's toll on all our married gamers.

It's just my opinion, but 3 tourneys running concurrently is a little overwhelming.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I'm sure alot of it is scheduling. Even being scheduled around Black and Chosin, alot of people would be playing in tourney games 6 nights a week. That definitely takes it's toll on all our married gamers.

It's just my opinion, but 3 tourneys running concurrently is a little overwhelming.

I bet you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time? :D J/K

With the joke out of the way it's time to say that I missed out on Horsemen last time and the stories told of great battles fought made me swear not to miss the next one.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I also think it's because some don't think they will be playing Socom when/while this is going. MW2 comes out on the 10th. Most are going to drop Socom and never look back. IMO

z-Prime-z ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I also think it's because some don't think they will be playing Socom when/while this is going. MW2 comes out on the 10th. Most are going to drop Socom and never look back. IMO

this is the very reason i decided not to form a team i simply lost interest playing the same 7 maps...but it is unfortunate maybe save this tournament for COD? i would for sure join it then

Personally I as well feel it is timing. Even though it is scheduled around the black playoffs, Chosin will be going on as well. It then becomes a loyalty to the clan issue for some members if they signed up for Horseman and also have a Chosin war in the same night. The only three members of The Uprising that will be participating in this tournament will be the three that are ineligible for Chosin. Plus as also was mentioned COD will be coming out, and im sure a lot of interest will be turning to that.

• Directors
BigMoneyNacku ]

I disgree with this as being an issue... we have close to 40 clans, of those only 8 are in Chosin at this point.. and Tue and Thur are not conflicting with black.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I bet you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time? :D J/K

With the joke out of the way it's time to say that I missed out on Horsemen last time and the stories told of great battles fought made me swear not to miss the next one.

How many times do I have to remind you that your jokes suck? ;)

It's just too much going on at one time. We had a bunch of guys excited to sign up for Horsemen, but now they are all burned out. Especially knowing that Black and Horsemen will be going on at the same time they don't want to war 5-6 nights a week.

• Directors

I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but there will always be several events running at any given time.

I understand that there are some clans that are in Chosin and Clans that will be in black play offs... but that is not as many clans as you think...

Don't be so defensive, Shane. I wasn't slamming on having multiple tournies running at the same time. I was merely offering why OUR teams aren't entering and possibly why others aren't either.

Don't ask why people aren't signing up if you don't want to hear the feedback. Or want to shoot down any explaination offered up.

For me it's the same 7 maps. If you would have told me this game would still be on the same 7 maps a year later I would have said your crazy. I like playing on the eval team 2 or 3 times a week but I usually get off right after that. I used to stay on this game all night 4 or 5+ days a week. The majority of my clan feels pretty much the same way. This game is just stale and I don't see any new life being injected into it until some DLC hits. I didn't think I could ever get tired of a Socom game but 7 maps has shown me that I can.

I have shared the info with my clan but I doubt I could find more than 1 or 2 that are interested which is why we aren't even in Black right now.

Crusty_Demons ]

For me it's the same 7 maps. If you would have told me this game would still be on the same 7 maps a year later I would have said your crazy. I like playing on the eval team 2 or 3 times a week but I usually get off right after that. I used to stay on this game all night 4 or 5+ days a week. The majority of my clan feels pretty much the same way. This game is just stale and I don't see any new life being injected into it until some DLC hits. I didn't think I could ever get tired of a Socom game but 7 maps has shown me that I can.

I have shared the info with my clan but I doubt I could find more than 1 or 2 that are interested which is why we aren't even in Black right now.

I'm not pulling a Shane here but the set up of Horsemen can add a serious kick to the drama level in the game. Sure it's the same maps, but when you're ONLY mission is to stay alive it changes the game a bit.

• Directors

Not defensive, just more of an outlook of the future... but as I stated, we brought the Horsemen back at the request of the community.

But if the commnity does not want the Horsemen for PS3 Socom to return we will retire it.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I can guarantee that if this was scheduled to start after the New Year, LPK would have a minimum of 2-4 teams signing up. But with the current schedule, we may not be able to have any :'(...

Shane ]

Not defensive, just more of an outlook of the future... but as I stated, we brought the Horsemen back at the request of the community.

But if the commnity does not want the Horsemen for PS3 Socom to return we will retire it.

I really don't think that it is a lack of desire for Horsemen. Yeah, there is only 8 clans left in the Tac-Map, but the remaining clans are easily among the largest and most active clans in UF. Losing the (atleast) 250 members from the pool of players to draw from makes a big difference. Like I said, LPK would have a minimum of 2 teams in Horsemen and I'm sure that U, 101, >*T, TX, TNU, S+S, and cBF would be able to fill up the field very quickly were it not scheduled when it is. I would love to do Horsemen, but as its scheduled I could be setting myself up to choose between my Horsemen team and my clan. Clearly thats bad news bears... :-\

z-Prime-z ]

This is the only reason I haven't put a team together. I've heard great things about the Horsemen tourney and would really like to participate. But it's been a pretty slow summer for OGC activity wise, and I know that we'll have a ton of guys on MW2 when it comes out.

I can't wait to see what my wife says when I come to bed with ONLY my night vision goggles on LOL!!