NEW SOCOM! - SOCOM: Confrontation

Nice find! Looks pretty real to me. Did anyone notice that map looks very similar to Crossroads...!? Except with more detail. Crossroads is my ultimate favorite map ever!

However, did anyone catch this:

Developer: Slant Six

No more Zipper...? Could be a good thing........or not. Why would Sony buy out Zipper, then hand Socom to another developer? I searched for Slant Six and got this site:

http://www.slantsixgames.com/

They seem like a relatively new developer with only a PSP game in their credits. They were formed in 2005. Under "Console" if you click on "Upcoming Projects", they do have an unannounced project for the PS3 with a release date of Fall 2007.

This is very interesting. If anyone else finds some info regarding this, post it up. ;)

Update: Found where people are discussing Zipper not doing this new game which is apparently strictlt online only and that the same developer (Slant Six) is also developing the new PSP game SOCOM: U.S. NAVY Seals Tactical Strike.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=99706

I hope all of you PS2 owners has been saving up your $$$$ because that looked sick as hell. They totally dedicated their work on on-line play so this has to be decent if not great....

I like the idea that clans can customize their outfits, this will allow clans to separate themselves from other clans.

Cuz

OMG!! that looks awesome!!

NO Zipheads!! yeeeahhhh.. I don't know if Slant Six is any better or not.. but it would be hard to be worst..

I want it!! I want it NOW!!

I wonder if they will have it on it's own new server.? Seems like games like resistance and others that have been released for the new format of PS3 were PS3 based servers only.

I remember reading this was the reason for Combo Assault being put out on the PS2 format even though it was right before the PS3 came out. They wanted to use the same servers. I doubt they will be able to use them for this release. What I'm driving at is, this release is more then likely PS3 only and will be new servers that require a PS3 to access. IF you already have a P-3 then this is probably making you giddy all over.. If you don't then start saving your pennies amigos, Socom is coming and it looks to be pushing the envelope of online play.

I hope you are laughing at the link.. because the info is not fake or anything.

There is new videos, & info about the new Online only Socom. coming this fall. & the map pack2 should be released in a few weeks. (im not holding my breath), & Zipper isn't doing anymore it is being done by a company called Slant Six.

So you may laugh that the link takes you to Gamelobby, but the info posted there is 100% LEGIT.!

Where..!?

I dont see anything..?

Is it in the UF3 Rep section or something, cuz i cant see that section.. otherwise i dont see it anywhere.

And shouldn't it be Public knowledge..!? in the most Public section.. "General Public Forum"

-Gen.Hammer- ]

I was surprised this thread doesn't have 30 replies already.

Here is the info I was directed to:

SOCOM: Confrontation @ 1UP.com

It has both the trailer, and some screen shots, as well as an article from the Sony Gamers Day event in San Diego.

Because the words "NEW SOCOM" are not the first words in the title..!!

Everyone thinks this is some funny you tube thread. lol

here is some more good info..

Sony's recent gamers' day in San Diego kicked off in style with a trip to its highly impressive -- and very expensive -- state-of-the-art motion capture studio. After much ooh'ing and ahh'ing the reason for the demo became apparent. The formal announcement that Sony's highly popular SOCOM series would be hitting the PS3 this fall was made and the official name of the game will be SOCOM: Confrontation. Real U.S. Navy SEALs were on-hand to provide a working demonstration of how the mo-cap facility worked, culminating in a few very cool real-time rendered sequences being shown to the crowd. Impressive stuff to say the least.

The presentation regarding Confrontation was pretty short but very sweet. Reiterating just how popular the franchise has been to date, Sony put a few figures out there for the attendees to mull over. In total, over 10 million SOCOM-series PlayStation 2 and PSP games have been sold to date. There are two million registered users that play the game online, and of those upwards of 50,000 are online at any given time. Pretty impressive really for a company whose online presence is not as strong as it should be at this point.

Confrontation is being developed in part by SCEA and the Canadian outfit known as Slant Six. This immediately begged the question as to why veteran SOCOM developer Zipper Interactive are not involved in the project, but what we saw in terms of early alpha footage seemed to allay fears that the product was heading in a bad direction. On the contrary, things are looking most promising. Confrontation is being built from the ground up. It will be an online-only experience with no single-player modes of any note. Users will be able to download the game via the PlayStation Network store or pick it up on Blu-ray in retail stores in the fall of this year.

The game will fully support up to 32 players and will have full voice chat, online events, downloadable content which will extend the life of the game, and all the usual bells and whistles you'd expect from a top-tier online console game. Theme packs will be made available via the PSN store and will feature additional content such as new gameplay modes, skins, weapons and Special Forces characters. In fact, this will also be the first game in the series that will allow players to assume the roles of many different Special Forces teams from around the world. No longer will you be restricted to playing as U.S. Navy SEALs or the bad guys; instead, look forward to many different, unique-looking player models from the likes of the SAS and others.

Sony is also impressing upon us that the game will feature a new level of clan-based interaction. Clan leaders will be able to custom-design their own camo and equipment outfits for their teams, and subsequently, members of the same clans will be able to further customize their own look and appearance. After watching the brief movie which showed a small amount of in-game action, there were a number of observations to note. There was a distinct Middle East flavor occurring -- which makes sense given the topical nature of the game -- where balaclava-clad enemies peered down from balconies and rooftops searching for targets. From the sidelines the SEALs started to sneak into range and then all hell broke loose. Using a similar over-the-shoulder camera style to that seen in Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas, the play mechanics looked just as appealing. Does this mean that Confrontation is borrowing heavily from these other games? It doesn't really matter, just as long as the multiplayer action remains as good as what SOCOM fans have come to love and respect. A wide range of moves, the use of the environment for taking cover, and a large number of deadly firearms, explosives and other weapons will also add to Confrontation's potential.

It's really reassuring to see Sony take its most valuable online multiplayer franchise to the PS3 in what looks to be great style. We're certainly looking forward to seeing much more of SOCOM: Confrontation at this year's E3, and fans should be too.

Chili-Palmer ]

ohhh i see ..lol

All i saw was "[APC] CZAMBRANOS REAL OR FAKE..." so i didn't look in here..

My bad. ;D

But of course it is NOT fake it is all over Gamespot' date=' IGN, Official places.. not just gametrailers

[/quote']thats what i was laughing at chili. lol.

boody ]
Chili-Palmer ]

ohhh i see ..lol

All i saw was "[APC] CZAMBRANOS REAL OR FAKE..." so i didn't look in here..

My bad. ;D

But of course it is NOT fake it is all over Gamespot' date=' IGN, Official places.. not just gametrailers

[/quote']thats what i was laughing at chili. lol.

Yea.. now i get it ..lol