NFL Free Agency Tracker

Post up any new deals and I'll add em to the list:

• Falcons re-sign QB Chris Redman (2 years, 5.6 mil)
  • Lions sign WR Nate Burleson (5 years, 25 mil)
  • Bears sign TE Brandon Manumaleuna (unknown)
  • Colts re-sign LB Gary Brackett (5 years, 33 mil)
  • Lions sign DE Kyle Vanden Bosch (4 years, 26 mil)
  • Broncos re-sign OL Russ Hochstein (unknown) and WR Brandon Lloyd (unknown)
  • Redskins resign DE Phillip Daniels (2 years, unknown) and LB Lorenzo Alexander (3 years, unknown)
  • Bears sign RB Chester Taylor (4 years, 12.5 mil)
  • Lions acquire DT Corey Williams and 7th rounder this year from Browns for 5th rounder this year
  • Bears sign DE Julius Peppers (6 years, 72 mil)
  • Patriots resign LB Tully Banta-Cain (3 years, 13.5 mil)
  • Rams sign QB A.J. Feeley (2 years, 6 mil)
  • Browns restructure contract with KR/WR Joshua Cribbs (3 years, 20 mil)
  • Lions release CB Phillip Buchanon and DT Grady Jackson
  • Dolphins release LB Joey Porter, LB Akin Ayodele, and S Gibril Wilson
  • Falcons sign CB Dunta Robinson (6 years, unknown)
  • Ravens acquire and restructure contract with WR Anquan Boldin (4 years, 28 mil) for a 3rd and 4th round pick in this years draft. Ravens also receive 5th round pick this year.
  • Eagles release LB Will Witherspoon

Feel free to discuss here as well.

Prane ]

Nice pick up in Manumaleuna. I was a fan of his in San Diego. Word on the street is Julius Peppers is in Chicago today!!!! Also the Jets are trying to release Thomas Jones and then resign him in hopes of avoiding his whopping 2 million dollar roster bonus.

Eagles and Patriots are also in the run for Peppers. But it looks like the Bears are already way ahead of them.

Also, not a free agent signing, but Jets traded to get Antonio Cromartie. Good luck trying to complete a pass :P

Johnson30 ]

Cromartie for a 3rd..... Jets' D will be even harder to score on. Would had been nice to have him NOT come to the AFC East.

The AFC West appreciates you getting him out of our hair. Now if you could just do something about Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey......the fucking AFC West has had the top 3 of 5 corners for awhile now.

Tool_Minion ]
Johnson30 ]

Cromartie for a 3rd..... Jets' D will be even harder to score on. Would had been nice to have him NOT come to the AFC East.

The AFC West appreciates you getting him out of our hair. Now if you could just do something about Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey......the fucking AFC West has had the top 3 of 5 corners for awhile now.

There were a lot of rumors about the Jets getting Asomugha... if that would've happened, the Jets would give up like 100 pass yards TOTAL. Oakland is willing to dump him somewhere though... I wonder if anyone will stick their necks in there.

WOO HOOO!!!! Go Bears!!! Peppers for six years and Chester for five I believe!!!! Suck it NFC North the Bears are back. Now we just need the damn OL and we will be good. If Tommy Harris plays well and you have Peppers and Brown on the end watch out. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wrath ]

Man I think the Ravens got a steel for Boldin' date=' he just needed a change but expect him to get doubled up.

Prane- Lol yea ::) all they need was 2 players lol....they in no way need WRs...

[/quote']

Did I say the team was set now? I think not young man. The receivers are good enough to get the job done. We have a TON of young receivers. Hester is the oldest, every other one is a 2nd year or rookie. Just because we don't have big name receivers doesn't mean they aren't any good. If you actually paid attention to how players perform in game you would know that.

Boldin would have been awesome but maybe I'm asking for too much all at once. I love both pickups. Peppers will solidify the D-Line and help take some pressure off of our suspect secondary. In my opinion Chester Taylor was the best back available in free agency and NFL.com ranked him the 5th overall free agent. He is 30 years old but is very well rested. He doesn't see the ball a ton because of AP in Minnesota other than 3rd down. People forget he was a damn good starter before they drafted AP. I look to Taylor as an awesome fill in for Forte when he needs plays off, and more importantly to mentor Forte. He is a class act guy and will be loved in Chicago.

Prane ]
Wrath ]

Man I think the Ravens got a steel for Boldin' date=' he just needed a change but expect him to get doubled up.

Prane- Lol yea ::) all they need was 2 players lol....they in no way need WRs...

[/quote']

Did I say the team was set now? I think not young man. The receivers are good enough to get the job done. We have a TON of young receivers. Hester is the oldest, every other one is a 2nd year or rookie. Just because we don't have big name receivers doesn't mean they aren't any good. If you actually paid attention to how players perform in game you would know that.

Boldin would have been awesome but maybe I'm asking for too much all at once. I love both pickups. Peppers will solidify the D-Line and help take some pressure off of our suspect secondary. In my opinion Chester Taylor was the best back available in free agency and NFL.com ranked him the 5th overall free agent. He is 30 years old but is very well rested. He doesn't see the ball a ton because of AP in Minnesota other than 3rd down. People forget he was a damn good starter before they drafted AP. I look to Taylor as an awesome fill in for Forte when he needs plays off, and more importantly to mentor Forte. He is a class act guy and will be loved in Chicago.

Umm you said the team is back, what does that insinuate hmmm so before you go off with your usual mediocre bull make sure you know what you said, I guess alzheimer's hit you early Old man.

The WRs are not good enough to get the job done you give them to much credit, you have 2nd grades at best, so unless you guys get some form of stickum for your guys I would say yes you guys missed heavily on Boldin, unlike you I paid attention to haw many drops your Wide outs put up so bite me. Your just an over biased Bears fan. I don't mind it, cuz its funny everytime to hear you try and defend your team yet when a player like Urlacher gets hurt your all oh the seasons done lol...

Well enough with that lol...hey is Holt still free maybe he would fit well with the Bears I mean if your looking for mentors and someone still free maybe the Bears should look him up, anyone's better then Hester as WR. The Bears need to put him back on Special teams so you guys can get short yardage everytime maybe then your offense wont need WR's.

Oh and how did this feel.

gorerunjpg-f16f2af2676482e8_large.jpg

They are young give them time. Like I said all first and second year players. It takes awhile for receivers to adjust to the pace of the game in the NFL and learn the playbooks. Just because you see them play one game doesn't mean anything dude. I watched every game the Bears played last year. I'm not "over biased", I'm just informed.

Anyways back to the topic at hand Antrel Rolle was a nice pickup for the Giants. While I think their secondary was already pretty good this definitely solidifies it. I'd like to see them go after Jamal Williams to build up the inside of the line opposite Robbins. Nobody would be able to run on them.

Wrath I don't think you watched enough Bears games outside the slopfest Thursday Night game against the Niners...Our receivers are VERY talented, just undeveloped and raw. Hester was a failed experiment at #1 or even #2 receiver. Look at the youth we have though and production on the field.

Knox came in and did a hell of a job as a rookie, forming a rapport with Cutler early on. Earl Bennett was very solid when Cutler called on him. In what was essentially his 1st season, he posted 50+ catches and 700+ yards. Devin Aromashodu FINALLY got his chance to play his way off the practice squad and man did he earn it. Cutler loved him since the pre-season, but he finally got his shot at playing time in the final 4 weeks when Hester was injured (22 catches for 282 and 4 TD's). He is a threat with solid hands and a big target. Peyton Manning loved him too in his short stay in Indy. There's a reason for that. Juaquin Iglesias didn't even have a catch all year (similar to Earl Bennett's rookie season in 08).

While I would LOVE to see Brandon Marshall or another veteran #1 receiver come to town, our receivers will work nicely in a Martz system. Aromashodu and Bennett likely as 1 and 2, with Knox (primary slot guy) and Hester in the slots on 4 receiver sets is not too shabby. What defense can match up with TWO receivers with 4.3 speed in the SLOTS? Also I think the reason the Bears "missed heavily" on Boldin, is he is a very comparable receiver to Bennett (though obviously much more skilled and proven). They didn't want to part ways with a 23 year old 3rd year receiver next season in Bennett, as the situation most likely would have called for. Lining up Boldin-Bennett 1 and 2 wouldn't have complimented each other very well.

While we are still a bit off the pace of the Packers and a lot behind the Vikes (pending Favre situation), there is a lot of reason to be excited in Chicago. The defense is getting back to 06 form, with a veteran safety being the final piece to the puzzle here (Atogwe, Sharper, etc). Sharper doesn't fit well in the Tampa 2, but he's a hell of a player that would be able to adapt. Our D-Line should be sick with the addition of Peppers. Pending the health of Pisa and Urlacher, our front 7 has the potential to be as good as what we had in 06...if not better. That will alleviate pressure on the secondary, which was exposed a lot last season sans a pass rush and 2 starting LB's. Also Pisa has not resigned yet, but it's expected to happen soon as both sides would like it.

We still need at least 2 offensive lineman on the offensive side, so I'm expecting them to explore that position in the draft. They will likely sign a free agent and draft 2 O-Lineman, hopefully adding depth and skill to a unit that allowed 30+ sacks last season and struggled to find running room for Forte. It's not biased opinion, like Prane said, it's informed. I'm sure I could too say something silly about your team, then you would retort with a similar informative post, obviously knowing more about your team than others (I hope).

Tool_Minion ]
BacklasH ]

I heard Justin Fargas is visiting the Chiefs as well.

Yeah, but that is so depressing I decided not to include it. :o

Hell, he was the only back to do anything in Oakland. :(

If he signs, you will be surprised at how hard that guy plays every snap he's in there. I love a good workhorse, and Fargas is a very good one.