141 Applications are CLOSED - FOR NOW.

We hope that this go around will go a bit smoother, allowing clans to use all of there attack potentials.

A few new things are:

The attack options are opened up a lot more.

Bonuses come first in weekly meetings.

and a few more changes...check out the rules to see.

-Rooster- ]

We hope that this go around will go a bit smoother, allowing clans to use all of there attack potentials.

The attack options are opened up a lot more.

Bonuses come first in weekly meetings.

This is good! It was kind of lame that in the second round of attacks, nearly half the teams were forced to skip due to no attacks being available. It also made Sweep bonuses almost impossible to use.

Yeah, While I now this is not the PERFECT setup, I believe it will work fine. But the map provided a few obstacles that couldn't be overcome in a short time frame.

Bonuses should be just that...they should reward you. Hopefully this way they do.

-Rooster- ]

Yeah, While I now this is not the PERFECT setup, I believe it will work fine. But the map provided a few obstacles that couldn't be overcome in a short time frame.

Bonuses should be just that...they should reward you. Hopefully this way they do.

The only other thing that I would like to see incorporated is more game modes. Headquarters, CTF, SnD, are all really great game modes.

Maybe the Fall Tac Map? :)

-Rooster- ]

I wonder if its the holiday weekend...or maybe COD is getting OLD.....or maybe no other clans NEED the tourney for the future.

Let us know your thoughts clans!

During our CT Recon match with SHO, we asked them if they would be playing in 141 Summer, and they said no, because they are burnt out on COD.

Personally, I think MW2 is just not as good of a game as previous titles. You can only rehash the same game so many times. This game lost its steam because of all the bullshit they took forever to patch, or didn't patch at all.

I think your statement is far from the truth as far as them taking forever to patch things. Any issues were resolved very quickly in my opinion and you wanna talk about rehashing a game and patches. Try playing Socom Confrontation for a year. As much of a shit game that was, it has been beat to death here with tournies. The game is terrible and patches took forever. This community was built on Socom, hence the following to it, kinda like a moth to a flame. Perhaps the three month layoff of any involvement with MW2 may have something to do with keeping clans interested.

mikejaxon ]

I think your statement is far from the truth as far as them taking forever to patch things. Any issues were resolved very quickly in my opinion and you wanna talk about rehashing a game and patches. Try playing Socom Confrontation for a year. As much of a shit game that was, it has been beat to death here with tournies. The game is terrible and patches took forever. This community was built on Socom, hence the following to it, kinda like a moth to a flame. Perhaps the three month layoff of any involvement with MW2 may have something to do with keeping clans interested.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner, I agree 110% mike. I mean honestly the things that should have been done for mw2 and wasn't is huge. 1. This is a big one but where was our countdown for this 141 ? I mean if clans knew "hey there's another 141 in 28 days" then that would give them something to look forward too and prepare for. This tourneys just brought up outta nowhere, no warning no nothing.

2. We should have had a mini tourney for mw2 between the last 141 and this one a. it would be nice playing in something on uf without paying for it and b. would have kept the mw2 clans around and closer to each other.

3. UF needs to swallow some pride and get some of these clans that want to be here and let them join. There's a very small piece of the clan pie and right now keeping out clans such as iNf, Aiel, =RC=, TNU and DK along with others just doesn't make since to me. I get that they did something to offend the UF code of honer but honestly lately I've been seeing more and more clans leave UF then join it. So sure you can keep pretending like nothing wrong but everyday I come here it seems to me UF just doesn't feel the same as it once did. These are my thoughts you can take them or leave them but I really hope that the people at UF who can make a difference around here do something to bring UF back.

mikejaxon ]

IAny issues were resolved very quickly in my opinion and you wanna talk about rehashing a game and patches.

I guess we have different opinions on how quick a quick patch is, especially when absolutely gamebreaking issues are involved.

I can't say anything about Socom, as I only played the first one on PS2, and have never played one online.

Well timing and the lack of MW2 support is exactly the thing. At the last full rep meeting for the first 141 we were told that essentially, there would be SOMETHING for clans to partake in on MW2 in a max of 2-3 weeks. Meantime it's now June (well technically May 31st) and we're just now getting another qualifier tournament. There's no question why interest is at an all time low.

Socom was what UF was built around, but Confrontation is a game that's been pretty much dead for over a year now. The fact that a game that released in 2008, had/has TONS of flaws, and overall is a repetitive poor game (disgrace to have the name SOCOM on it's package), has had more tournament play than MW2 this year at UF speaks volumes. There are plenty of clans who got BORED of waiting for a tournament to come along or heck even an announcement about a potential tournament. It gets boring playing in the same public rooms with the same boosters, 203's, cheaters, and disrespectful punks. The community wanted another tournament for so long and this 141 feels like the Socom Confrontation DLC...Too little too late.

Honestly I agree with a lot that has been said. I myself don't play COD much. I don't care for the game as much as I do other games so its time in my machine is limited. I played it for a while to get used to it and to really try it out but just didn't keep the interest.

UF HAD planned on a smaller in between tourney but as we all know, That got lost along the way. It is being brought live now with the stimulus crucible. I had no involvement with COD until it was reported that the past admins for it would not be able to do the tourney so I stepped in to fill the void. I hoped that we could make it a great competitive tourney but maybe it is too little too late. With only 4 Apps in...its looking that way. So after tomorrow when I see if we have enough clans, We will decide our next move. We do have some great ideas to bring to the table so we will see what ones make the cuts.