Pop out sigs.. a fad that has been overdone????

Guest NEO-X

Just curious...

Im kinda sick of all of the pop out sigs everywhere i look, and yes.. including my own clan sig. Almost all clans here.. not all.. but alot.. have some sort of pop out in their sig... I think we all overdid it.

Agree?

pop out sigs were cool like a year and a half ago, then faded. I guess things come in full circle.

For my tastes, I DO like the style...but I think done creatively is best...i.e. popping out too much looks bad, and flat...but if you can intertwine a design with a border, to make it a true pop-out rather than just a picture sticking out of a border, then that works nicely

I was a fan and still am a fan of the completely bordered sigs. Everything enclosed in a gated area without anything popping out.

Sniper made much fun of me for liking this and said I couldn't move forward. LOL

I simply think some people DO get carried away with it and make them too tall or too distracting.

I like sigs that signify who you are at-a-glance....not sigs that say HEY LOOK AT MEEEE!

I make APC sigs that are both popping out of the border area as well as some that are completely enclosed. It all depends on the sig and the player. I won't, however, feel "obligated" to have to make EVERYTHING pop out simply because everyone else is doing it.

this is it, this is my fav. Whoever did this one, I like how the top separates from the skrull dude, like he's leaning foward. And the placement of the clan name behind his head realllly makes it work, creating a focal point on his head w/out having it stick out of nowhere like the majority of the pop-outs here...when you look at the majority, they have obnoxious tall figures coming out of little sigs, taking up half the page just for the pop-out...doesn't look good. But this one keeps everything focused and welll rounded.

To sum up, as a pop-out, very very nice

[imghttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t235/UNCLE-SID25/2comander2.png[/img]

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

this is a sig i made for fun that IMO had to be a pop-out. the overall theme of the sig would not be the same stuck inside of a border...

hulkfury2.png

and this is one i did that SHOULD have been done INSIDE the border...

miss99.png

i kind of like working in a set amout of space now. its more challenging to get a concept across to somebody with a limited amount of space.

My only issue is that on forums they take up so much room, & you can only get like 7 posts on a page because of all thew HUGE sigs..

Most pop outs are ok as long as they just have a rifle barrel, or a small object stinking outside the box, other than that it is considered art & is NOT a sig anymore. imo ;D

Some of us dont have the skills needed to create mind blowing sigs like some of you do. And others of us dont have the patience to learn that craft either. So please dont hate us cause we have big old sigs. :-[ :'(

I will say I have seen some serious talent when it comes to sigs and graphics since I joined the Socom world 4 years ago. There are quite a few of you who have some serious talent. I hope you use it for good and not evil. ;)

Snake Doctor ]

Oh and IMO I like sigs with crisp clean borders that are not crowded inside. Clean, crisp, simple, and to the point.............thats what I like. If anyone cared to know that. ;D

Yep.. I agree with that as well.. less is more IMO...

Kind like your sig now.. but I think that your sig is too tall. You could have achieved the same result with a less taller sig.

NEO-X ]
Snake Doctor ]

Oh and IMO I like sigs with crisp clean borders that are not crowded inside. Clean, crisp, simple, and to the point.............thats what I like. If anyone cared to know that. ;D

Yep.. I agree with that as well.. less is more IMO...

Kind like your sig now.. but I think that your sig is too tall. You could have achieved the same result with a less taller sig.

For the record I didnt make my sig ;) Snipey did.. so.. you can pick your bone with the UF Webmaster / Co Creator... LOL

I think my sig is sexy.. with my badass pose :)