For anyone who has a cat.....

Undertow ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

Nothing against cats... But if I saw a dude walking his cat...  :-\

In the end this is how I look at it:

A dog is a servant and companion to man. They VERY much enjoy that roll.

Man is a servant and slave to a cat. They VERY much enjoy that roll.

lol I know because up to a few years ago I have always had both.

US25

I don't know.

I see an awful lot of people in Chicago picking up piping hot turds in their plastic-bagged hands when walking their dogs....which is why I think dogs always look like they're smiling.  LOL

People also have to take time out of their day OR be home on time in order for their dog to be walked.

I've always, in MY opinion, viewed dogs as dumb, trainable slaves....cats more like independent entities in the household, a little too smart to care about a treat after completing the roll-over gimmick.  LOL

But hey, I'm a cat-lover.  Not a dog hater, just a cat-lover.

x2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undertow ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

Nothing against cats... But if I saw a dude walking his cat...  :-\

In the end this is how I look at it:

A dog is a servant and companion to man. They VERY much enjoy that roll.

Man is a servant and slave to a cat. They VERY much enjoy that roll.

lol I know because up to a few years ago I have always had both.

US25

I don't know.

I see an awful lot of people in Chicago picking up piping hot turds in their plastic-bagged hands when walking their dogs....which is why I think dogs always look like they're smiling.  LOL

People also have to take time out of their day OR be home on time in order for their dog to be walked.

I've always, in MY opinion, viewed dogs as dumb, trainable slaves....cats more like independent entities in the household, a little too smart to care about a treat after completing the roll-over gimmick.  LOL

But hey, I'm a cat-lover.  Not a dog hater, just a cat-lover.

This is TRUE,

However that is why I have a Cadog. lol Seriously no BS (other than the name) I have a min-pin that is trained to do its business in a cats-pan like a cat if no one is home. Sometimes I am at work for 12 hours and I never have to worry.

As for tricks- She is crate trained. If I have company over, kids around or are traveling- I tell her to get in the crate, she stays there and is VERY happy for up to 6 hrs.

I have always owned BIG dogs Rotys and it seemed every girl I dated or lived with had a cat... I like them both (but disliked things about each as well) so when I moved several years ago into the city I decided to get a "kick me dog" and it turns out this was the best choice I could have ever made.

Undertow ]
Snake Doctor ]

It's going to depend on how big your cats are.

I have two purebred Main Coon cats.  1 weighs in at 14 lbs and the other at 18 lbs and neither one of them are over weight by any means.  Both measure at about 3 foot when stretched out and at just under 18" from back to floor.

With that said; I only feed my cats once a day.  They each get one cup of dry food in the morning and they do just fine.  I would make sure they always have plenty of water too.

Damn, I wanted a Main Coon so badly....those are just COOL-ass cats!  Couldn't find one though, and those I did find were in the thousands in dollars.

I ended up adopting Stitch for $50 and gave a homeless tabby kitten (8 mos at the time) a good home.

But I'm still crazy about Main Coon cats.  They're just so cool looking.

They are the best cats I've ever had. They don't expect constant attention. They aren't always tangled up in my feet or always sitting on me. And they are very loyal (which is a big for me, even in my animals). Well worth the price (mine were $700 and $600). Not sure I've seen any for much more than that. $1000 seems a bit high. But then it depends on there blood line too.

I've got an all white female who plays fetch. We got her from a breeder in Oklahoma. We're in Florida right now so when shes out by the pool she likes to play with the lizards and she loves to show me what she catches. Its always nice to be on the couch watching TV and have her meow a couple of times and then jump up and drop the dazed lizard on my chest. :D She really likes the rings from milk jugs and rubber bands. She'll bring them to you when shes in the mood and after you shoot it across the house she'll go get it and bring it back to you. She absolutely loves my boys. When my oldest goes to bed she will go lay down with him, either in his bed or on the floor where she can see his bed, and she wont move the entire night unless she comes out for water or food. We can go almost all day with out seeing her and when my oldest gets home from school she will sit in the chair next to him and watch him do his homework.

Then I've got an all black one that is such a baby. We got her from a breeder in California. She's my wives cat. During the day she'll come around for a scratching every now and again but at night she's on the bed somewhere close to wife's head or on sleeping on my wife's chest. She loves her mommy.

I've been told they do well with leashes but I've never tried it. And I agree with your statement about cats. They are independent and they are, IMO, a stress reliever. Not real sure how, there's probably a study out there somewhere, but if I'm stressed they know it and they come hang out with me and the pretty soon my stress is gone.

Nothing wrong with dogs either. I have a purebred khaki Beagle and he's got his moments too. But cats are less maintenance therefore a better pet for people like me (those who don't want to get up from COD4 to take the damn dog for a walk). ;D I even have the automatic cat litter box (another good investment if you don't already have it).

UNCLE-SID25 ]

We would leave dry food out- Free feed all the time

Wet food 1 time a day.

This is what I do with my cat. I wouldn't do that when they're kittens but full grown should be ok. But my cat is an inside/outside cat. Don't know about an only inside cat. I know you are suppose to feed them at the same time everyday, I'm not sure why but they say that is important.

H.A.V.0.C ]

But can you walk cats?

Well, to walk a cat you'd have to put a leash on it and if it's anything like Pinky in the video, then I'd venture to say "no". ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TwWYgQapkvo

If your cat is like Burger, don't even think about putting a leash on him. ;D

This is the cat I'd like to own:

http://www.toygerbreed.com/about.htm

It's a designer cat called a Toyger (Toy Tiger). Basically a mini Tiger without the wild blood. I'd put that cat armor on one of these....lol

-------------

When I was small I used to have a half Siamese cat that wasn't afraid of anything. Once I came home from bike riding and this pitbull followed me home. My cat just sat there as the pitbull came up to him wanting to play. My cat swiped him and chased the crying pitbull down the street taking swipes at his ass. That was the funniest shit I've ever seen. ;D

There is a report right now on http://www.Foxnews.com talkiing about healthy cats.

The what and what not to give your cats.

Right now it is on the right side of the screen under videos, if it gets pushed up go to videos and look in the health category.

One thing that stood out is looking to make sure Protein is one of the top two ingredints in the cat food.

Hope this helps. ;)

SNIPER ]
H.A.V.0.C ]

But can you walk cats?

Well, to walk a cat you'd have to put a leash on it and if it's anything like Pinky in the video, then I'd venture to say "no".  ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TwWYgQapkvo

If your cat is like Burger, don't even think about putting a leash on him.  ;D

This is the cat I'd like to own:

http://www.toygerbreed.com/about.htm

It's a designer cat called a Toyger (Toy Tiger). Basically a mini Tiger without the wild blood. I'd put that cat armor on one of these....lol

-------------

When I was small I used to have a half Siamese cat that wasn't afraid of anything. Once I came home from bike riding and this pitbull followed me home. My cat just sat there as the pitbull came up to him wanting to play. My cat swiped him and chased the crying pitbull down the street taking swipes at his ass. That was the funniest shit I've ever seen.  ;D

those videos were amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest M16Assassin

Glad to see you guys managed to figure this stuff out all by yourselves. I used to work at a groomers so I can answer any questions you might have about dogs or cats.

Tips for the day

1. Hairball Control food is fabulous

2. If you own a fat cat you suck so go buy weight control food

3. Cat Owners please declaw you cat, it will be much nicer afterwards

4. Dog Owners if your dog is fat be ashamed, buy weight control and walk his fat ass even if he doesn't want to

5. Walk them or play with them as much as possible. Snake I assume you live by some woods with the pets you have so take your beagle hunting with you or on a hike. Whoever had the Min Pin mess around in the house cause they don't need to be running around outside.

6. P.S. ALL small dogs and cats are big pains in the ass for nail clippings and sometimes baths and brushing. So do yourself a favor and start them young.

2nd P.S. Dogs rule!!!!

Whoa Whoa Whoa prane...Lets stop this nonsence LOL

1: Hairball controll = shoot it.

2: Fat cats are cats that cant jump on counters.

3: If I declawed my cat it would most likely die, Cant fight for your life outside with no claws.

4: Why walk your dog when some of us have land and fenced in areas so they can it them selves...This is where the cat fighting for its life comes into play :)

5: Didnt read it...

6: Smaller dogs are easier when they fear you :)

Didnt you only work there for a few months? LOL just messin with ya bud. :)