Good Cops

Guest KingJunk

Seriously in all the stories I posted above there was NOT one law broken for them to me/us over. I will admit my boy flapping his gums, but if someone was tearing your shit up will you sit there and be quiet? Let's be real NO you would not no matter who it was especially if you invited lots of time and money into it.

Also, like I stated above the plates and car was in my name and I had all my paper work reg, ins and my DL's, but like I stated once they told me they was taking me in I went crazy, but it was verbally since I was already in cuff's.

As for looking to see what skin color people are when they are driving by I can so tell tell if they are light or dark that's so easy. but I am not saying that I will get every car right, but I can tell the difference between a car full of blacks and a car full of whites and I can do that at 70mph not saying that I am going to get every car right tho, but I will get about 7 out of 10, but I don't wanna turn this into a big race thingy because some black cops have pulled me over also.

I also said that NOT ALL COPS are bad cops, but in every story I or we did nothing wrong to get us pulled over. I know when I do something wrong and them times I just shut up and let them write the damn ticket so I can be on my marry way.

Another thing you never said why I was a "sorry ass" but I guess thats just cops aggression :P lol j/p

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the cops are conducting an investigation of you or your friends the best thing you can do is just sit there and show some respect. You want to be treated right then don't sit there spouting your mouth off. I nor any other cop gets paid enough money to have to listen to some smart ass punk give us a hard time. If you want to be treated like a gentleman then act like one. I treat everyone with respect until such a time that they step over the line..and thats the way it is.

I am still wondering how you get arrested for stealing your own car. Can you explain to me of what you were charged with...there has got to be something more to the story. In one of your other stories you stated that you or your friend had a loud stereo but said you turned it down when you saw the cops. Well maybe you just didn't see them soon enough and they alread planned on pulling you over before you turned it down...is that possible???

I am glad you don't want to turn this into a race thingy but usually when someone mentions DWB then it is a race thingy...but I digress..I applaud you for your ability to pick out skin color on people at 70 MPH...thats amazing!! Your a better man than me because I can't do it with as much proficiency as you state..7 out of 10.

There is no cops aggression here. I just take acception to the fact that people tell stories and always say they did nothing wrong and yet..when its all said and done and if everyone is completely honest...guess what..they did do something wrong. Maybe in their mind they feel that they have done nothing wrong but a specific law was in fact broken which justifies the stop/encounter. Again, there are bad apples in every bunch...I know that...you all know that...but I know that I can legally justify every single encounter that I ever have with anyone..whether in a MV or on foot...the simple fact is that if you just watch long enough..there WILL be an infraction!!! I am not going to put my credibility on the line by violating someones rights when I know that in due time I WILL have a legal justification for an encounter.

Rockman35 ]

When the cops are conducting an investigation of you or your friends the best thing you can do is just sit there and show some respect. You want to be treated right then don't sit there spouting your mouth off. I nor any other cop gets paid enough money to have to listen to some smart ass punk give us a hard time. If you want to be treated like a gentleman then act like one. I treat everyone with respect until such a time that they step over the line..and thats the way it is.

I am still wondering how you get arrested for stealing your own car. Can you explain to me of what you were charged with...there has got to be something more to the story. In one of your other stories you stated that you or your friend had a loud stereo but said you turned it down when you saw the cops. Well maybe you just didn't see them soon enough and they alread planned on pulling you over before you turned it down...is that possible???

I am glad you don't want to turn this into a race thingy but usually when someone mentions DWB then it is a race thingy...but I digress..I applaud you for your ability to pick out skin color on people at 70 MPH...thats amazing!! Your a better man than me because I can't do it with as much proficiency as you state..7 out of 10.

There is no cops aggression here. I just take acception to the fact that people tell stories and always say they did nothing wrong and yet..when its all said and done and if everyone is completely honest...guess what..they did do something wrong. Maybe in their mind they feel that they have done nothing wrong but a specific law was in fact broken which justifies the stop/encounter. Again, there are bad apples in every bunch...I know that...you all know that...but I know that I can legally justify every single encounter that I ever have with anyone..whether in a MV or on foot...the simple fact is that if you just watch long enough..there WILL be an infraction!!! I am not going to put my credibility on the line by violating someones rights when I know that in due time I WILL have a legal justification for an encounter.

grow up in a big city and witness the discrimination that minorities especially the African-American population experiences and then make your statement "what does the car have to do with it" has everything to do with t when you do nothing wrong. I've seen it first hand and been in vehicles of similar nature with friends when pulled over. And for doing nothing wrong, I can testify to it.

Guest KingJunk

When me and my friend got pulled over we was on a 5 lane street where the speed limit was either 40 or 45mph and we was moving when we spotted them so there was noway that could have heard his sound system over the traffic.

When they said my car was reported stolen they just held me over night no charges were filed.

Look I may NOT be a Cop, but I know enough to know when I break the law or not.

What give the cops any right to tear up anybody shit looking for weapons or drugs PLUS don't they have to obtain a search warrant to search any vehicle. I mean they tore out his back seat and you expect him to sit there and be quiet naw fuck that! When they took me in they did not give me any reason why they was taking me in so I am suppose to just shut up and be quiet and say ok Sir you can take me in with any reason at all!

I am telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth here I have no reason to lie on video game forum ahh what u gonna do arrest me online or beat me with ya flash light naw I am not even worried about none of that so I have no reason to lie!!

Rockman35 ]

Pancaked!!! We call it a screen test!!!!! I am not going to sit there and blow smoke up your you know what and say that there aren't bad cops..because there are. Like any profession there are bad seeds.

But to sit there and read story after story about "How I did nothing wrong" is just insulting to me and should be insulting to anyone that reads it. Do you really think that we are all that stupid that the cops "picked" on you for no reason. Please..cops have better things to do than pic on your sorry ass for nothing!! Every single one of you that has a dislike for the cops has had an experience with the cops..yes EVERY one of you..even you that has never done anything illegal..please!!! Ya we drive around in our police cars looking for African Americans or Hispanics that are driving nicer cars than us...WHATEVER!!! GROW UP!!!!!

Bottom line is when YOU need us you like us and when you don't...well we pick on you!!!!

To my brothers in law enforcement keep up the great work and stay safe out there.

My record is clean as they come, both juvenile and adult records. I've never been arrested, charged, or anything except for 1 speeding ticket for 17 mph over in an area where I didn't see a posted speed limit and that's in 7 years of driving. *knock on wood* I've never even been involved in an accident where I was driving.

So NO I have never had a bad experience with the cops. Even my speeding ticket. When the cop pointed the speed limit out I knew I was wrong and didn't argue cause I knew I was wrong. Us Europeans know how to keep our noses clean. As for my distaste for cops, it's because a majority of them are crooked, they racially profile (yes both black and white officers) and has nothing to do with a bad experience.

Have you ever heard the old addage; If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its most likely a duck.

The majority of my arrests come from those areas known to be high drug and prostitution areas. Not all, but the majority of those individuals who frequent these areas drive cars with rims and stereos that cost more than the cars. So, the car has a lot to do with it. I look for cars like that just as much as I look for the cars that you don't typically see in the areas. And the majority of my stops come because the driver doesn't know the rules of the road. I just simply follow and wait for the infraction to happen. When it does the odds are in my favor that I'll get something good out of the car (i.e. drugs, guns, warrants, etc).

At the end of the day there are those who are nothing more than Monday Morning Quarterbacks. These are the people who have no idea what its like or what it takes to be a police officer. All they can do is sit back and give their opinions.

BTW - African American does not refer to race. There are a lot of non-black African citizens who have become citizens of the USA therfore beocming African Americans.

When they said my car was reported stolen they just held me over night no charges were filed. See it is statements like this that make it so difficult to grasp your story. How the hell can you be held overnight..for no reason...no charges unless you were drunk and held in what we call here Protective Custody. If that isn't the case then you should call Sokolov and Affiliates cuz you stand to win BIG money in a lawsuit.

No a search warrant is NOT required to search a MV..check with the US Supreme Court on that!!!

and this statement..come on you r kidding me right: As for my distaste for cops, it's because a majority of them are crooked, they racially profile (yes both black and white officers) and has nothing to do with a bad experience. NOW THATS A DUCK RIGHT THERE!!!!!

hmmm..... where to start...

My step father is a retired cop, 30 years. He served in the Marines, 2 stints in NAM. He was also a commander in NIPAS (SWAT) and graduated top of his class from Quantico (FBI for those that don't know). Now some may think I am biased but he was a DAM GOOD COP! Did he have a degree? No, but his experience and training was among the best provided by anyone in the world!

I don't know where you live but in IL and WI you are required to have a degree within 5 years of date of employment. If you want to be a State officer you have to have a Bachelors before your start date.

Don't get me wrong, there are bad cops out there but the media and/or uneducated people that don't realize what cops are put through on a daily basis tend to stereotype all as bad cops. My step father had his beeper with him 100% of the time and every time that thing went off my mom would just break down. Every time a cop pulls someone over he is risking his life. Think about how you or your family would be with that kind of stress! The majority of fatal incidents are simple traffic stops.

He did teach me one thing that I will NEVER forget. If a cop pulls his/her weapon and fires, there are no such things as warning shots or shots to the legs to slow down the person. It is fired to KILL PERIOD! You put a cop in that position you deserve what you get.

Sounds like your step father is a hell of a guy. I know several who have gone through the training at Quantico. Its no joke. Let him know that those of us on the job say, "Thanks".

A couple of side notes:

More and more departments in Illinois are moving away from the degree requirements.

We dont shoot to kill. We shoot to stop the threat. We are trained to shoot for the center mass because it allows us to stop the threat quicker. The majority of the time though, death will be the outcome of the shooting.

Rockman35 ]

When they said my car was reported stolen they just held me over night no charges were filed. See it is statements like this that make it so difficult to grasp your story. How the hell can you be held overnight..for no reason...no charges unless you were drunk and held in what we call here Protective Custody. If that isn't the case then you should call Sokolov and Affiliates cuz you stand to win BIG money in a lawsuit.

Im not picking sides here, I just wanna know the answer to a question I have had for a few weeks now.

Doesn't the USA have a "terrorist" law now (since 9/11) that states they can come into your home/car/outhouse etc without warrant, search, arrest, and question you for 24 hours?

not trying to be a smartass, just curious.

Snake Doctor ]

Sounds like your step father is a hell of a guy.  I know several who have gone through the training at Quantico.  Its no joke.  Let him know that those of us on the job say, "Thanks".

A couple of side notes: 

More and more departments in Illinois are moving away from the degree requirements. 

We dont shoot to kill.  We shoot to stop the threat.  We are trained to shoot for the center mass because it allows us to stop the threat quicker.  The majority of the time though, death will be the outcome of the shooting.

He is and I am sure he would appreciate it.

I didn't know they are/were changing their requirements. In WI they seem to be getting harder. After this incident where the cop killed 5 people and himself I am sure they will be looking at making it even harder, at least on the psych exams.

Again, I know there are bad cops out there. I know there is racial profiling (not by all), hell I got on a plane the first day after the airports were reopened after 911 and I couldn't help but look at every single person on that plane to see if I thought anyone was a threat. Who wouldn't have? I don't consider myself racists in any way shape or form but I couldn't help but stereotype and keep an eye on a person I perceived could be a threat. With the media (movies, TV, music) these kids that dress like the gangsters from the movies are just asking to be looked at that way. They want to give off a perception that they are tough (or even that they are gangsters), well guess what, you are giving off that perception to EVERYONE including the police. You don't want to be treated like a thug by the cops then don't dress like one and act like one.

Good question Maximuss but I don't know the answer to that. There may be some type of what we call exigent circumstances which would allow the warrantless search etc... if it pertains to a percieved terrorist threat..but I am just speculating. If I find out I will be sure to post up.

Also here in Mass people can't just be held without being charged.

Guest KingJunk

Hey Rock, me and another guy at work went out on our lunch break to try and spot cars and see if we could tell if the person was black or white well that was easy, but at the same time it was hard. For me to just sit back for a few minutes and do it was no problem, but when I tried to do it for a 5 minute stretch it was difficult trying to see what was the skin color of every car that went by, BUT when we spotted a car a few blocks down and kept our eye on that car we got every car right, so what I am saying is that when we tried to view every car that went by it was hard, but when we picked out a car that was so easy to see the skin color.

As far as the night when the cops held me overnight without any charges they really did not give me a reason for taking me in, and I am not hiding anything besides the fact that they said I was too hostile to let loose back on the streets, but like, I told them if they would have just left me alone I would not have got so hostile with them.

I also thought that cops had to have my permission or a warrant to search my vehicle? I never been arrested for drugs or never had any weapon charges, so they don't have any probable cause and this was back in 2000 or 2001, I was either 20 or 21 at that time.

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

There is not one department in the US that is letting up on their requirements for people to become a police officer. It is continually getting harder, and the requirement of having a two or four year (mainly 4 now) is almost standard across the US.

The only way I've heard of getting onto a PD without one, is if you work in a county jail/corrections for a great great great length of time, and even then the job isn't handed to you. There is the academy and all that garbage.

Wisconsin PD's.. from what I know... have all mandated that at LEAST a 2 year degree in police science or Associates from a well known Tech-school is required to submit an application and be considered. After that phase if you're selected into the pool of officers they narrow you down through written and psychological exams, as well as physical tests too.

The only thing I've heard that has been lowered are the standards (passing %) that students must receive in order to have their application be considered.

Guest M16Assassin

For everyone confused about why the authorities are allowed to search your home and vehicle without a warrant it is due to a little thing called the Patriot Act. You can have all of your stuff searched or be detained without reason all in the name of terrorism.

Swifthawk ]

There is not one department in the US that is letting up on their requirements for people to become a police officer.  It is continually getting harder, and the requirement of having a two or four year (mainly 4 now) is almost standard across the US.

The only thing I've heard that has been lowered are the standards (passing %) that students must receive in order to have their application be considered.

There are and there are quite a few of them. The passing score of 85% was dropped to 70%. But the education standards were lowered as well. From 2-4 year degrees to GED-30 credit hours in most cases. There are still departments that require the degree or equivilant credit hours but they are in the minority.

Prane ]

For everyone confused about why the authorities are allowed to  search your home and vehicle without a warrant it is due to a little thing called the Patriot Act. You can have all of your stuff searched or be detained without reason all in the name of terrorism.

Info regarding the Patriot Act from Wikipedia:

The USA PATRIOT Act, commonly known as the Patriot Act, is an Act of Congress that President George W. Bush signed into law on October 26, 2001. The acronym stands for: Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (Public Law Pub.L. 107-56).

The Act expanded the authority of U.S. law enforcement agencies for the stated purpose of fighting terrorism in the United States and abroad. Among its provisions, the Act increased the ability of law enforcement agencies to search telephone and e-mail communications and medical, financial and other records; eased restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States; expanded the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities; and enhanced the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expanded the definition of terrorism to include "domestic terrorism," thus enlarging the number of activities to which the Patriot Act’s expanded law enforcement powers can be applied.

The Patriot Act does not give law enforcement officers the right to violate your 4th amendment rights during a traffic stop. If you are arrested then your car will be searched incident to arrest. If you have not been arrested then you have the right to refuse a search of your vehicle.

If it has been determined that you are a potential terrorist, then the Patriot Act allows law enforcement agencies certain additional rights. In which case the local law enforcement agency would be in direct contact with the FBI throughout the entire process.

King I appreciate that you went out to try and see the skin color of people driving cars. It is not an easy task to do..not saying that it can't be done either..its just that it is not as simple as people think. Also you did mention too that you picked out a car in traffic and felt that you could tell the skin color of the person driving ..based on the vehicle..not your eye sight on the driver..I was particularly referring to looking inside a vehicle as it drove past..based on glare window tint etc... Ya we can stereotype to some degree based on the looks of vehicles as well....some areas it is more prevelant than others...probably where you live it would be easier than here.

Also there are several reasons why police can search your vehicle. As snake said there is search incident to arrest. That means say you just went into Walmart and stole a Plasma TV. Walmart calls the police with your description, vehicle info etc and you get pulled over. The police can search your vehicle for that stolen property which would be considered incident to your arrest for Larceny. Also there is inventory search policy in most departments...that is say you are driving on a revoked license and get pulled over..the officer places you under arrest for Operating with a Revoked License. They can search your vehicle to list any property being left in the vehicle. This is designed to protect law enforcement agencies of being falsely accused of stealing your property. If illegal contraband is discovered during that inventory search then you can be charged with it. Also of course there is probably cause....if you get pulled over and the officer smells burnt marijuana..that gives him probable cause to search you and your vehicle anywhere the marijuana could be concealed..or say they see a syringe or any other obvious paraphenalia used in the ingestion etc..of controlled substances that also leads to probable cause. Lastly of course you can give consent to search as well.

Hopefully that helps shed some light on searching your vehicle for you...I gotta run tho for now.

Rockman35 ]

Also of course there is probably cause....if you get pulled over and the officer smells burnt marijuana..that gives him probable cause to search you and your vehicle anywhere the marijuana could be concealed..

So does that mean if I'm pulled over and the officer smells some super dank in my car but it's still green, he can't search my car? :D ;D

Guest KingJunk

Rock you misunderstood me a bit, when I said we picked out a car a few blocks down and watched for just that car when we took a look inside, we could see clear as day their skin color, but when we tried to do several cars it was a task, and I can't see a cop doing that for hours at a time because I did it for 5 minutes, and it made my neck hurt.

Also, when I got pulled over and the cops took me in it was well before the Patriot Act was put into place. I also keep my car clean like, I just got it off the lot except for my lunch which will be in the back seat at times, but I keep my car clean and smelling fresh like new.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Rockman35 ]

Also of course there is probably cause....if you get pulled over and the officer smells burnt marijuana..that gives him probable cause to search you and your vehicle anywhere the marijuana could be concealed..

So does that mean if I'm pulled over and the officer smells some super dank in my car but it's still green, he can't search my car?  :D ;D

I'm going to have to start up a thread for definitions. I can probably guess what it is, but just so I know for sure what is "Super Dank"?

I carry a LEO Spanish Book with me at all times and I have always thought about creating a LEO Street Book as well. :D

KingJunk ]

I think this is one cop, I would not give shit too!!

Snake at least you know ya shit out there be safe man!

All cops be safe!!

Thanks King. I'm civil until the situation calls for me not to be. I have always seen my knowledge as my greatest weapon.

Ya King I wouldn't have thought you would have been brought in under the Patriot Act anyway...that is pretty specifically terrorist related...which I am sure you are not.

But again I do appreciate the fact that you made the effort to try something we were talking about and being honest about it...thumbs up to you!!

As far as the smell of marijuana goes..you would be very surprised how well someone that doesn't smoke it can smell it. I recentl stopped a guy who's car smelled like the perfume section of any department store..but through all that perfume I could smell the weed..he was floored. He turned the weed over which I mushed into the dirt and then down a sewer and let him go! Your probably all surprised that I let him go....but you wanna know why I let him go??? because he was a gentlemen AND he was honest with me about handing over the weed. I searched him and his vehicle and did not find anymore weed..which to me..honesty carries a long way. Lie to me and its game over!!! Snake and everyone else will probably tell you the same thing...honesty is very important....cuz a lot of times people just think that we are stupid!!

As far as smells some "Super Dank" not sure what that is but if you tell me I'll let you know!! ;D