Roger Clemens congressional hearing

I hope for the sake of sports that Clemens isn't juiced.  I don't watch baseball or football due to strikes, the players turned their backs on the fans who can barely afford to pay for a night out with the family at a ballgame.  Going on strike because 1 million a year isn't enough, and that cost is passed onto the fans who attend games or purchase merchandise.

Do what you wish with your money, but I will watch sports on TV if I choose too and keep more money in my pocket.

Wonder why there hasn't been a strike in football since the 1980's?  (their first strike).  They turned the fans off, people waiting months for the season to start, they strike, and it was slow going with fans coming back.  I never did.  I don't give my money to people who strike that make 100 times as much money as I do.

Same thing happend in baseball in the 1990's.  Baseball had a strike, and I found it comical to see professional baseball players walking a picket line.  If it were up to me, they would still be walking.

So make up your own minds.  I'm upset that people who are millionaires for playing a game with all travel expense paid are going on strike and the cost of my ticket goes up everytime they do.  Throw performance enhancing drug in the mix, it's a no brainer.

I haven't watched a superbowl in 20 years or a world series in nearly as much time, and I don't think I have missed a thing.

If I want to watch people cheat, I'll play SOCOM on Gamebattles, and that's free.

If you want your ticket prices to go down, stop showing up at the stadium.  Keep showing up, the prices will only go higher.

Sermon over.  Do as you wish.  I'll keep more of my money, thank you very much.  I'm not a millioniare.

• Directors

With all due respect to anyone who believes for one second that Roger Clemens hasn't juiced at least once in his Hall Of Fame career.

It's time to accept that there is, or at least was, a performance enhancing drug culture in the sport of baseball. I watched the proceedings today, and was reminded of watching a similar circus a few years back where not one, but a handful of high profile players wagged their fingers and declared their innocence before Congress & the world. And as a true fan of the game, I totally agree that the reality that our heroes would do that sort of thing is just about unbearable. But, we have to concede that it's that very mentality, that's primarily responsible for this problem being as big as it is now. It's a problem, and it has to be dealt with, and that may mean that some of our heroes are going to fall from grace. But, I want this problem fixed, so I can enjoy the game, without having to wonder if someone had an unfair advantage.

It's the whole "Say it ain't so Joe" syndrome...remember the Black Sox? Remember Charlie Hustle? We as fans do invest our money in this game, these players, this sport. But, we invest alot more than that if we're really honest. We invest our hearts as well, and we feel betrayed, and we should.

Think about the whole Barry Bonds thing...at a time when baseball fans should have been celebrating his amazing career, and his making history by breaking the HR record....it was just an argument & a controversy.

The thing is, I'm willing to bet a month's pay that for every player that was named in the Mitchell Report, there's another (who wasn't named) that's on his next cycle of juice, waiting for his call up or worried about being demoted.

I think Clemens is/was an amazing Pitcher, with or without steroids or HGH, but if he's lying, and it seems like the testimonies we've heard so far, suggest that he is, then doom on him.

I think Bud Selig can solidify his place in this great sport's history by doing the unpopular & painful thing. Because, as the old saying goes..."If ya want to make an omelet, ya gotta' break a few eggs....even if one of those eggs happens to be one of the greatest pitchers to ever toe the rubber".

In closing, I don't believe either of them...I think they're both lying. But, since Andy Pettite's testimony seems to clearly contradict Clemens' story. I have to choose Brian Macname over the Rocket.

I agree. And although I love Roger Clemens and what he has accomplished throughout his career, I can't help but fall back on ONE single point.

What does Brian Macname have to gain by saying Roger took steroids. Why lie? He has no motive. He is already famous, so its not that. What then?...

Discuss...............

_SEQUOYAH ]

I agree. And although I love Roger Clemens and what he has accomplished throughout his career, I can't help but fall back on ONE single point.

What does Brian Macname have to gain by saying Roger took steroids. Why lie? He has no motive. He is already famous, so its not that. What then?...

Discuss...............

good point

_SEQUOYAH ]

Discuss...............

Future Business..!!

That is all they talked about on the radio today. I didn't watch it and am really not interested in watching some dumb ass politicians ask stupid questions on something that really isn't that important with all the other shit going on in this country.

But I agree with Seq, what does he have to gain? Unless Clemons PROVES he is telling the truth I think it messes with his chances at the HOF. He needs a trial now to say "see I didn't lie" if found not guilty.

CpDude ]

I really can;t wait till this is all over, I really want to be able to watch espn and not hear about it.

i know what you mean. i turned on the TV to watch sportscenter and i said to myself, "i bet they're gonna be talking about the hearing," lol and they were. its important, but at the same time its getting old..

Guest M16Assassin

Clemens is guilty as hell. Ask yourself why was Brian Mac getting torn apart much worse than clemens was... Because Roger has friends in high places, all of those senators were looking to embarrass the hell out of mac.

And on a side note with that whole report on aging pitchers that clemens put together it just makes him look more guilty. He looked at 3 pitchers over their careers and it was 3 great pitchers, Randy johnson, I believe nolan ryan and someone else. Of course it makes it look like his career wasn't much different, but recently a group of college kids put together a real report with pitchers from a wide range of talent and while they concluded it wasn't enough to convict clemens, they did prove that he wasn't completely innocent.

With all this being said I don't think anything will happen to roger even though he is a sack of shit, because he has too many friends.

• Directors

While it is a good question to ask...I think we're asking the wrong question here. B.Mac could benefit from being the David who brought down the Goliath in this particular situation. Which he could parlay into book/movie deals down the road (as Chili pointed out)...however, the question everybody needs to ask is "Why would Andy Pettite, one of Clemens' best friends, lie about something that he knows would clearly devastate Clemens?" Pettite has no axe to grind, with absolutely nothing whatsoever to gain from alleging Clemens did in fact use, or at least say he used Steroids or HGH.