Last Stand Nade BS

C_A_G_E ]

It sucks to take a loss due to it, we almost did last week but how would you have this incorporated into the rules? It got posted a couple of days ago when it was found.

I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone knows that if you kill an opposing player WITH A GRENADE, then there is a penalty. Seems to me that this is the way people are dieing, or am I incorrect?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chili-Palmer ]
_SEQUOYAH ]

Rooster, thanks, but as the CRUCIBLE ADMIN..I will take over from here.   ::)

Watch your step Rooster, the Crucible security guard is watching ..lmao

(I know the badge is fake, but at least pretend it means something :D)

oh its a real one, its acutally shiney too. Rooster's is much more shiney. Besides, he is welcome to post what ever he wants. This IS the general public forum!! He know the sarcasm, thus the rolling little eye balls!!

_SEQUOYAH ]

As a CR the first thing I would have done is made certain that my clan GOT RID OF THE PERK ALL TOGETHER!!

SEQUOYAH, we have not had an issue with this perk at all, however, your post I quoted doesn't really jive to me. If thats how you think all CR's should handle this, then why don't you think it should be taken out completely ? If you feel THAT strong about informing your clan to not touch that perk, wouldn't it better the tournament if it wasn't even an option ?

-Rage- ]
_SEQUOYAH ]

As a CR the first thing I would have done is made certain that my clan GOT RID OF THE PERK ALL TOGETHER!!

SEQUOYAH, we have not had an issue with this perk at all, however, your post I quoted doesn't really jive to me.  If thats how you think all CR's should handle this, then why don't you think it should be taken out completely ? If you feel THAT strong about informing your clan to not touch that perk, wouldn't it better the tournament if it wasn't even an option ?

LOL. Okay. Here it is in black and white, since your missing the point entirely.

Lets say I leave as is, and suggest the clans NOT use it: Penalty for using it....forfeit if grenade kill is aquired.

Lets say I say ITS ILLEGAL AND BANNED TO USE IT: Penalty for using it......forfiet.

Some like to use it, and kill people with a pistol, which is fair and fine. As long as you have the contol to NOT toss a stun grenade. So I dont want to take a way a good perk for those that want to "risk" it. Does that make more sense? I am not sure if my point is getting across the way I intend to.

Yea that does make sense.. some people are just risk takers ;D (and are smart enough to not touch the stun, smoke or flash button) or if you like having last stand on, you could throw away all of your stun, flash & smoke nades at the beggining of the round.

Plenty of options.. people just need to be aware of the penalty.

Last Stand and Martyrdom are WORTHLESS. Why anyone uses it is beyond me. 2 of the most unrealistic things in the game. Both should be banned from any UF tournaments IMO OR banned from the Crucible "no grenades league". For the tac map tourny, they both could be on. I understand the conflict of the "grenades league" where one could argue, I threw a bad nade at myself and then it killed him. So taking away martyrdom is impossible in that regard.

But as far as the no grenades league, just take them away and let people win by score...not DQ. When is it gonna change, when your into your 4th no grenades league and teams are still doing it? Just bannish it and the wars will be that much better.

You're saying to make both Last Stand & Martrydom Illegal..!?

Martrydom i can understand in a no nades league, but Last stand is a legit perk which has nothing to do with nades. & people should have that option. (even in reality people dont die on contact from flesh wounds)

_SEQUOYAH ]
C_A_G_E ]

It sucks to take a loss due to it, we almost did last week but how would you have this incorporated into the rules? It got posted a couple of days ago when it was found.

I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone knows that if you kill an opposing player WITH A GRENADE, then there is a penalty. Seems to me that this is the way people are dieing, or am I incorrect?

I was talking about the topic which is the last stand granade kill. which is more of a bug in the game.

Guest Stealthknight

I agree that martydom is worthless but Last stand can be helpful as hell. If you are trying to gain a point on headquarters or domination and get shot it gives you extra time to grab the point. There have been plenty of instances where last stand helped us get a point that would have been lost had we not been able to sit on the ground for those few extra seconds before they noticed we were still alive.

Either way its pretty simple guys. After the first match this week everybody was made well aware of the issue. TO have it bite you in the ass the second war is nobodies fault but the one that decided to use the perk anyways OR the rep that didnt inform them about the situation.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Either way its pretty simple guys.  After the first match this week everybody was made well aware of the issue.  TO have it bite you in the ass the second war is nobodies fault but the one that decided to use the perk anyways OR the rep that didnt inform them about the situation.

EXACTLY......  You guys are asking to be lead by the hand through all this.  Last stand IS a good perk to use for this mode.  HOWEVER, after Monday night's war, EVERYBODY knew (or should have know via your rep) that you would have this "nade issue".  "Last Stand" should not be banned, you just have to use some common sense and set up your classes accordingly.  My post went up to my clan banning the use of "Last Stand" for the remainder of the Crucible Monday night after the intial thread in the rep area and the tests that were performed.  So, EVERYBODY took it out of their custom classes.  But yet, we get in Wednesday's war and half of the other team is using it.  Guess what, we won both rounds due to grenade kills.  Go figure......  Didnt see that coming!   ::)

Man, I thought we were all adults here. How hard is it to not use frags at all if you roll last stand? Crying to make LS illegal is punishing the clans that actually have some self control. If you can't get yer guys to exhibit that, then maybe some clans need to clean house. :o

Guest Stealthknight
BigMoneyNacku ]

Man, I thought we were all adults here. How hard is it to not use frags at all if you roll last stand? Crying to make LS illegal is punishing the clans that actually have some self control. If you can't get yer guys to exhibit that, then maybe some clans need to clean house. :o

Please read the post on the situation before posting. This is not about using nades while in last stand. Its about going into last stand after or during throwing a flash/stun. That flash/stun then turns into a nade so these things do happen w/o the meaning to and is a big risk to take if you want to use that perk.

WiZ ]
ShadowOfaSolja ]

Either way its pretty simple guys. After the first match this week everybody was made well aware of the issue. TO have it bite you in the ass the second war is nobodies fault but the one that decided to use the perk anyways OR the rep that didnt inform them about the situation.

EXACTLY...... You guys are asking to be lead by the hand through all this. Last stand IS a good perk to use for this mode. HOWEVER, after Monday night's war, EVERYBODY knew (or should have know via your rep) that you would have this "nade issue". "Last Stand" should not be banned, you just have to use some common sense and set up your classes accordingly. My post went up to my clan banning the use of "Last Stand" for the remainder of the Crucible Monday night after the intial thread in the rep area and the tests that were performed. So, EVERYBODY took it out of their custom classes. But yet, we get in Wednesday's war and half of the other team is using it. Guess what, we won both rounds due to grenade kills. Go figure...... Didnt see that coming! ::)

Not everyone is able to check the site everyday... No one outside of the Clan Rep section knew what was going on...

Truth brought this up in the General Forum pretty early with a video. You can't say that no one from your clan could have not seen this. People don't bother reading important things because you believe it won't happen to you and once it does, u say it was unfair. This post is regarding everyone and not to just one or two people.

-PiT0-

MaluNYMets ]

Not everyone is able to check the site everyday... No one outside of the Clan Rep section knew what was going on...

Then maybe [\H/] has the wrong clan rep...... Part of making all this work is being ABLE to participate on the forums. As a rep you need to be up to date on whats going on here so you can pass it along to your clan. With the discussion out here, and then in the rep section, there is NO reason clan's shouldn't have been aware of this problem coming into Wednesday's wars.

WiZ ]
MaluNYMets ]

Then maybe [\H/] has the wrong clan rep......  Part of making all this work is being ABLE to participate on the forums.  As a rep you need to be up to date on whats going on here so you can pass it along to your clan.  With the discussion out here, and then in the rep section, there is NO reason clan's shouldn't have been aware of this problem coming into Wednesday's wars.

Wow, maybe thats why we changed our clan rep. Now, if you want to attack clan reps maybe you dont belong in this tournament. This tournament environment is about respect. Now, if i recall correctly, in the clan rep section, it was a issue between two clans(not involving the rest of the clans in the tournament). With every single grenade kill post in there, you dont read the forums one day and it will take 2 days to catch up. Then after those 2 days, the second war of the week has already been played. Plus, if you didnt realize, \H/ all this week we have been in the process of changing our Rep so maybe YOU should not attack other people and pay attention to detail.

Bro, that wasn't anything close to an "attack"......  Maybe it wasn't worded right but it wasn't an attack.  I stand by what it was I was trying to say, but I could (and should) have did it through a "pm" or clan rep section.  I just don't understand all the "we need a ruling on this" or "we didn't know" stuff.  This issue was posted IMMEDIATELY after the wars on Monday night.

And the "Last Stand / Nade" issue wasn't about just 2 clans.  It was about the entire Monday night lineup.  There were more grenade kills in week #8 then in week #1.  And it floored me that clans came into Wednesday's matches with "Last Stand".......

So, although a still hold the same stance in how I feel about all this I didn't mean to disrespect anybody from [\H/].  That was never the intent.

ShadowOfaSolja ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Man, I thought we were all adults here. How hard is it to not use frags at all if you roll last stand? Crying to make LS illegal is punishing the clans that actually have some self control. If you can't get yer guys to exhibit that, then maybe some clans need to clean house.  :o

Please read the post on the situation before posting.  This is not about using nades while in last stand.  Its about going into last stand after or during throwing a flash/stun.  That flash/stun then turns into a nade so these things do happen w/o the meaning to and is a big risk to take if you want to use that perk.

I did read the post. I'm sorry if my saying frags threw you off. Frags are frags, whether they are flash/stun/explosive. I read every last miserable, crying post. Again it's not the majorities fault that the minority can't exhibit some control. So go find someone else to fuck with. ;D