MLB 08 The Show

Is absolutely AMAZING. I just played the demo, which is available in the PSN store for free, and has me left in awe at the graphics and flawless gameplay. You get to play is the Red Sox in a 3 inning game against the Rockies as a little teaser and I'll tell you what there is no way any baseball game will top The Show this season! I think as of now The Show has planted itself as the premier Baseball game ever since EA lost their rights to the MLB and thus MVP Baseball was off the shelves. Btw guys get this, the demo already has rumble in it!!! I am so happy, finally a game I can use my PS3 Dualshock controller on and enjoy rumble!

Go download this demo...NOW!

The game itself launches March 3rd!

boody ]

its exactly like 07 you loser. lol same commentary and everything.

The graphics are a lot better and the game play is smoother. Also there are a ton of new features added, not to mention the online play is supposed to blow away last year's. Plus it has RUMBLE!

Definately NOT the same as 07 >:( I played the hell out of 07, and Smoke is right. There are a ton of new features in this one. The amazing graphic detail, alone, sets the standards high for any competetor!! I can't wait to pick it up.!

I might actually pick this game up. I haven't gotten a baseball since before SOCOM 1... I loved the pitching!

Oooo. Yer in for a big surprise then. The pitching engine on MLB is so different from old games, there is a hell of a learnign curve. Shit, hitting too for that matter.

Oh yeah, F Sequoyah and his aiming with the bat crap. End up throwing 20 pitches to every batter. :-*

BigMoneyNacku ]

I might actually pick this game up. I haven't gotten a baseball since before SOCOM 1... I loved the pitching!

Oooo. Yer in for a big surprise then. The pitching engine on MLB is so different from old games, there is a hell of a learnign curve. Shit, hitting too for that matter.

Oh yeah, F Sequoyah and his aiming with the bat crap. End up throwing 20 pitches to every batter. :-*

Yeah, when I played the 08 demo it took like a few innings to get it down. I still blow fat cock at hitting, though.

I had MLB2k7 and liked it. Found a league online using The Show so I traded 2k7 in and picked up The Show. Had it for 3 days and traded it back in for 2k7. Hitting was a complete joke..... EVERYTHING else in that game was very nice and made ya want to keep playing it. But, the hitting system is garbage. I played the demo, and Im glad I did...... It stopped me from wasting $60 on it again. I'll wait for 2k8.

All those nay sayers can blow it out your ass!!! >:( J/K I love the game. You first have to love baseball, and then you can appreciate the hitting and pitching engine. I mean, who wants to play a baseball game, where you just push a button and get a hit. Fuck that! Get some skills!!!!!!!!!!! :o

_SEQUOYAH ]

All those nay sayers can blow it out your ass!!! >:( J/K I love the game. You first have to love baseball, and then you can appreciate the hitting and pitching engine. I mean, who wants to play a baseball game, where you just push a button and get a hit. Fuck that! Get some skills!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Exactly !! I loved this game last year, and can't wait to get it this year. The road to the show is fraekin awesome I loved it last year. I just hope they fix the mechanics on the decision making with your player. I mean I was tearing up in A ball, would get promoted, do very well in the majors, but they'd send me back down ... really dumb.

-Rage- ]
_SEQUOYAH ]

All those nay sayers can blow it out your ass!!! >:(  J/K I love the game. You first have to love baseball, and then you can appreciate the hitting and pitching engine. I mean, who wants to play a baseball game, where you just push a button and get a hit. Fuck that! Get some skills!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Exactly !!  I loved this game last year, and can't wait to get it this year.  The road to the show is fraekin awesome I loved it last year.  I just hope they fix the mechanics on the decision making with your player.  I mean I was tearing up in A ball, would get promoted, do very well in the majors, but they'd send me back down ... really dumb.

Yeah, that shit kept happening to me too. I'm still playing '07 Road to the show with two players and my pitcher is the only on that stays in the majors. My outfield guy keeps getting sent down. :(

Hey Im Currently downloading it at this minute!!! ;D but who cares about what i say I just wanted to add my baseball sig to this conversation ;D ;D ;D

peep mine as well ;D

and yeah, whether its the same as 07 or completely different, it doesnt change the fact that im still buying it. lol :D

I'm in my 4th season on Road to the Show on 07.

I started with the Cubs in AA tore up and was promoted to AAA Iowa in May, then I got to the show in August and was traded 2 days later to the Blue Jays :-X. They started me for 2 weeks then sent me down and I signed a 4 year deal with the Yankees in the offseason. The Yankees moved me all over in the minors, but I have had a starting job at 1st base in the bigs :).

Guest M16Assassin
smokeosama ]

I'm in my 4th season on Road to the Show on 07.

I started with the Cubs in AA tore up and was promoted to AAA Iowa in May, then I got to the show in August and was traded 2 days later to the Blue Jays :-X. They started me for 2 weeks then sent me down and I signed a 4 year deal with the Yankees in the offseason. The Yankees moved me all over in the minors, but I have had a starting job at 1st base in the bigs :).

I too am no longer with the cubbies sadly Smoke. My contract was up and they wanted to sign me to a really cheap deal to play minors and a few other teams offered me starting roles so I opted to sign with the mets. Apparently we picked up CC Sabathia in this last offseason so I'm excited.

Guest M16Assassin

I play 2nd base and I don't think we will be able to carry over unfortunately. I love 07 but some things just don't make sense. For instance in the 2011 season I lead the league in hits and stolen bases and was hitting like .436 and on the first day of the 2012 season I get called in only to pinch run in the 8th inning. So I restart my Playstation thinking it was a fluke, only to find out that now I apparently am not playing at all in the first two games of the season. It sucks.

• 2 weeks later...