Army of Two

Chili-Palmer ]

I just want to know is it online 2v2.?

Source: IGN.com

Online Gameplay – ARMY OF TWO redefines TWO MAN online gameplay with players seamlessly moving from PAI to live players as they make their way through the game.

You can play via split screen if you're on the same system, or you can establish a private co-op game with a friend or a public game with anyone who's online. Once you play with someone else, especially with someone who's played before, you see how the game is supposed to work, and you can intelligently maneuver through the battlefields without significant issues. What's more, you frequently find that you come up with new tactics to address game situations, ones that the AI would never think of. That's where Army of Two shines.

This feeling also carries over to the multiplayer arena, where players can take on opponents in one of four maps and three separate game modes: Extraction, Bounties and Warzones. Extraction randomly spawns VIPs or POWs on the map, and you're tasked with carrying them to a safe location. Bounties gets you to eliminate targets, such as gang leaders. Warzones combines these two, while throwing in additional objectives that you have to either defend or destroy. Accomplishing these objectives will give you cash, and the player that acquires the most money at the end of the time limit wins the match. What's more, you can use the cash that you earn during a match to purchase new weapons, so if you don't like the loadout you start with, you can always gain new firearms. Not only will you face off against your opponents, you'll also fight against computer generated enemies, which will definitely add an extra level of complication to each match.

Rainbow Six Vegas two is doing the same thing.. co-op off line via split screen or online via Network the game keeps track of the accomplishments and both players get the points for completion regardless of if they both go through it all together or team up with others.

(at least that what I think they are saying it's sort of vague)

Also you have the added benefit of the two AI Guys to take a bullet for ya.. LOL

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31499.html

Guest Stealthknight

Here is my personal review thus far:

Part 1:

Alright, I have been playing this for about 2 hours non-stop on single player so far and I have to say it is a very intriguing game. The story line is interesting and there is alot of foreshadowing. The plot is fairly simple so far but I can tell it is starting to get a little deeper and only being on the 3rd mission it has played out very well so far. I have not yet had the urge to set down the controller but my cable repair man came and said I needed to stop using the TV for him to fix it lol. So I have decided to take this time to share a little about the game and my feelings on it so far. While the game play itself and controller config takes a little getting used to it is still very easy to transfer over. The features definetly put an interesting feel to the game play and I have to say I dont agree with the IGN review claiming it to feel forced. The back-to-back action is automatic and comes in a little too often BUT it is still very fun. The Dual Snipe feature is fun to use but the main complaint is that your partner stops shooting after the first shot so you have to exit right away instead of continuing to pick people off. The agro is a very neat concept and I do enjoy its uses during gameplay although its not always completely effective. Unlike the previous review posted you definitely are not invisible unless you go into overkill by having your partner max out aggro for a set time limit.

So far I would have to say that this game definitely adds a new fun feel to a single player mode and the graphics do help it set off with nice cut-scenes. My only graphic complaint are the explosions. The feel very miniscule and a barrel explosion is about the same size as blowing up a M11 missile. I do enjoy playing the single player on this game more then I enjoyed playing the CoD4 single player and the gun customizations make completing the missions worth it. Being able to add unique features and beef up almost every gun makes it that much more fun to run through and complete as many objectives as you can to earn the money to be able to further customize your weaponry. Im going to continue playing and will bring it online once I get the weapons I want and will post my review on the Online portion later on this evening. Until then I give this game an 8.5/10 so far for a unique story line and admirable customization options with a few graphical glitches and features that could use a little more tweaking.

BTW i have not played online yet but it is more than just 2v2 from my understanding.

THe game is sick. A lot of fun. THe only problem is that and a fellow clanmate had mic problems. Did anyone else experience this? If so was it completely silent or did oyu here this constant clicking sound?

If this small flaw gets fixed this game will be off the hook.

FYI the modes are 2v2 COOP and 2v2 head to head. Only played the COOP so far but am very impressed.

I love the game! It is fairly difficult on single player, for me anyways. I think graphics are good. The customization of the weapons and gear kicks ass! I played a little online last night, we played the 2 vs 2. The cool thing about that was that you are not only trying to kill the other 2 guys, but there is computer enemies trying to kill you as well. You get like $1000 per kill. I know 2 of our clan mates got like $400,000 during one game. I don't know how he did it. I did run across some lag on the first game. After that, a buddy and me went to play co-op. Overall I would recommend this game. Its a nice change from COD4.

I was having the same problem that Bambam said about getting booted off. Hopefully they will fix the servers so you can stay on line better!!!

Update: This disconnect problem is really becoming annoying. A friend of mine just picked up the game so we figured we would try it out on line in a private room. Since he just started it would bring us to that training mission before Somalia. We could never get through the training without me being disconnected. I usually don't have this problem. I am going to try and research the issue and if I find an answer to all the disconnects I will post it up. If anyone beats me too it please post. Also for the brief times I was on there was no Mic available either!!!

ok I picked up my copy yesterday at around 11 played for like and hour or so then went to work came

back played about 3 hours then played this morning and past it so this game is pretty short bit then again what ps3 game isn't short right loved this game coo story awesome gameplay hopefully socom confrontation is something like this or better i like how u can customize ur weapons and helmet armor change guns with ur partner probably the best third person shooter out their for right now(hopefully socom confrontation owns all...) so yea over all its a must have in your ps3 collection

Guest Stealthknight

If socom is anything like that i will not play it. I beat the game and i am VERY disappointed in the short length of the game and the poor Versus mode. Coop is fun but other then that the online is not impressive at all. Versus is a joke and does not allow you to use any of the weapons you upgraded in the single story mode or co-op. I liked the game while i was putting it through its paces in single player but after beating it within about 5 hours i just got extremely bored and the versus mode is not enough to keep me interested. I will be trading it in for Vegas 2.

agree with the guy above it is short but then again I havent played a game for ps3 that is long so far every game I have played for ps3 has been very short : heaven ly swords, army of two, call of duty, skate, devil may cry, assasins creed pretty much those games I past them in a few day the only one that took me the longest was assasins creed about a week so when I buy a game I don't expect it to be long now because the better the graphics the shorter the game its going to be so I thought this game (army of two) was pretty good better than alot of games out their...

I couldn't wait for vegas any more, it's great to be playing a third person shooter again, the co-op is a blast. but like was mentioned it's too short on single player. Connection issues on 2vs2 but I didn't have any on co-op other than the Mike clicking thing.. which is really annoying.

Hey It's EA servers.. and we all know their Servers SUCK! I'll be getting VEGAS as soon as it hits the stores.. but I like Army of Two, it is fun, it's third person, and the air guitar celebration with you co-op partner is cool!

ShadowOfaSolja ]

If socom is anything like that i will not play it. 

This game is going back today....... I was extremely disappointed and couldnt shut it off fast enough. I have tried to play it 4 times now and each time I hate it even more. Waste of $63 in my opinion...................

I'd gladly cut somebody a deal here on the UF forums, if not, its heading back so I can take a "trade in" value beating.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

First EA servers suck. ALL EA GAMES ONLINE SERVERS SUCK, SUCK , SUCK!!!

Now the graphics are sweet, and the gameplay is cool. But playing with Goat can be a "drag". Ask him, he'll know what I mean. ;)