COD4 hardcore mode

I have played hardcore in the past a pretty good bit. Not as much the past few months but I still play every once and a while. I am a firm believer in this mode equals the playing field for people who can not shoot. I have observe players who could not shoot the side of a barn get more kills in hardcore. Most good players aim for the upper body chest or higher and many players who can not shoot just randomly spray in the general area of a person. Well, in hardcore this works because you can graze somebody’s arm and they are dead. The Main thing I like about COD over the past socom games is the fast pace of things. Hardcore stops the face pace of the game and to me emphasizes which is the better camping clans and who can get the most kills by not shooting someone, I.E. (claymores). We have a lot of people in our clan that love this mode, I just like to some times express what I think about different aspects of the game.

What are some other peoples favorite mode.

I only like hardcore due to the fact its the only mode with FF turned on.

If your not playing with FF on, its just lame.

I can not stand re-spawn at all. When your dead just sit in time out and think about what you did wrong and prevent it in the future.

Re-spawn Doesnt take one bit of tacticle skill IMO.

Friendly Fire for Ever!!

I like whatever, as long as I'm shooting people, I'm good ta go. ;D

I honestly don't understand the easier to get kills in HC arguement though. My kill numbers go way down in HC Deathmatch. Maybe it's cuz I die more, I dunno. My kill counts go way up when I play regular though. Maybe it's a preference thing.

Edit: I do like having FF on though. Alot.

COL.GRINDER ]

I only like hardcore due to the fact its the only mode with FF turned on.

If your not playing with FF on, its just lame.

I can not stand re-spawn at all. When your dead just sit in time out and think about what you did wrong and prevent it in the future.

Re-spawn Doesnt take one bit of tacticle skill IMO.

Friendly Fire for Ever!!

I could not agree more.

played my first hardcore match about 2 weeks ago and have loved it ever since :)

i agree with kill in every aspect, hardcore just promotes camping and hiding, i too love the fast paced action in for example groundwar but HD just kills the feel of COD and makes me remember how shitty socom suppresion was. The hit detection is also horrible, i can understand bieng shot in the torso or head and dying but to be shot in the foot by a bullet that passed through a wall and die is just stupid. The only thing that i like about hardcore mode is that all the sniper rifles actually kill people as they should.

Chili-Palmer ]

I die just as easy and as fast on both, so atleast in Hardcore it levels the playing field for me. ;D

onewholikes2kill ]

I am a firm believer in this mode equals the playing field for people who can not shoot.

Thats already been said Chili ;) * zing * Im here all week people, dont forget to tip your waitress.

I bin practicing hardcore and noticed a few glitchs in that mode that are different from normal mode. I noticed one that really puts you in a disadvantage its when a person throws a grenade/Flash/stune/smoke they can at the same time shoot, to me thats a glitch I never seen anyone do that in normal mode. Also on some occasions I can throw a grenade while reloading and my I basically skip the reload process. I don't how but it only happens to me on hardcore. I also agree with kill thats its a mode for campers and it is a bit boring.

Killafrisco ]

I bin practicing hardcore and noticed a few glitchs in that mode that are different from normal mode. I noticed one that really puts you in a disadvantage its when a person throws a grenade/Flash/stune/smoke they can at the same time shoot, to me thats a glitch I never seen anyone do that in normal mode. Also on some occasions I can throw a grenade while reloading and my I basically skip the reload process. I don't how but it only happens to me on hardcore. I also agree with kill thats its a mode for campers and it is a bit boring.

interesting .. i will investigate here in a bit when i log on.

My 2 cents ;D

Basically the only thing about hardcore mode is that the health meter is so small that it makes any close shot a possibly deadly one. (its called - miniscule)

So i think the key is to keep everything at hardcore setting, except the health meter.

Not miniscule, but maybe the next step up.? (doesn't have to be full, but somewhere inbetween)

Alright, I know I shoot pretty well, and heres what I noticed.

If you dont play hardcore, you can shoot someone in the chest 3 times, they turn around and shoot you in the leg once(I only know this because of KillCam). So, what I dont get is this....how do they shoot me in the leg(with one shot) and kill me and me hit them 3 times in the chest??? That is my main complaint about COD4 and Hardcore dont do that crap, you shoot them in the chest or head w/ ur M16 and they actually die.

Theres my 2 cents Chili.... ;D

Rayninblud ]

I like hardcore, these games are trying to copy real life scenerios. well in real life you do not see people on a radar screen nor do they have a skull above there head. Yes play slows down alot because of all the campers but just have to adjust your game tacs.

I dont think anyone would argue with you on that one..

The main concern is the health meter on hardcore (miniscule) is so low that anyone can get a kill without having any skill.

I enjoy having the different game types to play with. It breaks up the monotony. Which Socom:CA was sadly full of.

While I agree that realistic games are the more preferred games, they are, at the end of the day, just games and I whole heartedly agree with HogWild when he said (in another thread):

HogWild ]

This is a game, if you want realistic join the military.

Realistically we wouldn't be able do 75% of the things we can do in COD4 or 90% of the things we do in Socom. And, realistically, we would never run and gun through an enemy location.

I do enjoy having fun on my video games though. Realistic or not. The camaraderie is second to none. When you play with the RIGHT people. ;)

DeAdLy-InTeNt ]

on the other side of the coin, it takes no skill the sponge up half a clip to the back, then turn around and shoot a guy and kill him first.

That was my original thought also.. that is why i suggested somewhere inbetween:

Higher than "Miniscule"

Lower than "Full"

So that it takes some skill to get a good shot, but doesn't take a full clip or two to kill em. ;D