Soooo...how did YOUR NFL Draft Go?

Raiders took Mcfadden, so I'm happy. DIdn't have a second round pick. :(

I was really surprised that Chicago didn't pull the trigger on a QB in the second round. You better hope there is still some quality guys when they get back on the clock.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I was really surprised that Chicago didn't pull the trigger on a QB in the second round. You better hope there is still some quality guys when they get back on the clock.

Yeah, I agree.

However, Chicago was MORE in need of a RB and some additions to the O-line in ORDER for ANY quarterback we put back there to survive long enough through the season. Our O-line SUCKED last season.

So did our run game.

They patched up two holes and they can think QB in the third round. I think they will go that way, seeing as we only have two on the roster right now.

Killafrisco ]
smokeosama ]

Bears should jump on Mario Manningham if he is still available 14th pick of round 3. There's a lot of solid QB's left and we have another pick in round 3 that we could use on a QB.

Na he got took I forgot who though.

Never mind thought that was second round on tv it was 3rd round predictions.

Undertow ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Yeah, I agree.

However, Chicago was MORE in need of a RB and some additions to the O-line in ORDER for ANY quarterback we put back there to survive long enough through the season. Our O-line SUCKED last season.

So did our run game.

They patched up two holes and they can think QB in the third round. I think they will go that way, seeing as we only have two on the roster right now.

I dunno about needing more lineman. The bears seemed to be in the same boat as oakland this year, lineman that look great on paper and got all the skills. But highly lazy and unmotivated. I dunno, millions of dollars to play a game you love, and you half-ass it. I'm hoping that Lane will fix that motivational problem in oakland this season.

I am sorry bigmoney but I hated the Darrin Mcfaden pick by the Raiders. They have a solid RB core and needed a good D lineman or good linebacker. Wouldn't it be fitting for Chris Long to have been on the Raiders. It is like Karma, Howie played and so should the son. I was very upset with the Mcfaden pick.

Besides he is a head case.

Red0ctobeR ]

I am sorry bigmoney but I hated the Darrin Mcfaden pick by the Raiders. They have a solid RB core and needed a good D lineman or good linebacker. Wouldn't it be fitting for Chris Long to have been on the Raiders. It is like Karma, Howie played and so should the son. I was very upset with the Mcfaden pick.

Chris Long was picked second though, wasn't he?

I don't think the Raiders had a chance of getting him.

Yeah, Day one started at around 1:30pm CST or so.

I woke up this morning wanting to watch the second day of the draft and I woke up at 11:00. Logged in here and checked out the Bears website to see that they already made BOTH of their two third round picks and I was like WTF?!

LOL

They jumped the gun on me.

Red0ctobeR ]

Honestly we only have 1 1/2 good backs. Lamont is done. He was done when he came over from the jets. Yet another back that wasted his potential. How does a guy that big and strong always look to avoid contact? Fargas cannot go the entire season, he just runs too reckless and keeps getting hurt. DOn't get me wrong I LOOVE Justin, but he needs to be in a tandem backfield. Plus I'm still not convinced that Rhodes is worth anything at all. Tandem/change of pace backfield is Kiffins forte. I really think it'll take enough pressure off Jamarcus so he can settle in nicely.

I would loved to have seen Chris Long go, but like Tow mentinoed he was gone at #2. Glen Dorsey would have been a good pick, but we all know Al is going with the homerun hitter everytime.

He's not really a head case, unfortunately he just can't tell his dirtball family no. It's his family so I see his point, but there has to be a time when you stop letting them drag you into their shitstorm.

I love Fargas, But yes I would have rather seen Glenn Dorsey go to the Raiders. He was the guy I was thinking about yesterday, just forgot his name.

I can understand Mcfaden but just don't agree, this draft is RB heavy. So the Raiders could have easily found a good RB this year.

Red0ctobeR ]

I love Fargas, But yes I would have rather seen Glenn Dorsey go to the Raiders. He was the guy I was thinking about yesterday, just forgot his name.

I can understand Mcfaden but just don't agree, this draft is RB heavy. So the Raiders could have easily found a good RB this year.

You aint lying brudda. After years of watching AL work though, I was pretty sure that's who would go, if available. I do like the explosiveness he brings to the table. Thats the kind of thing that might motivate our "talented" linemen to get off their asses and do something, anything. >:(

I'm really upset that the Bears took Earl Bennett with their first pick of the 3rd round over Manningham because of Manningham's character issues, yet they take Marcus Harrison later that round who is equally suspect. Manningham is a steal at the end of the 3rd round for the Giants. I love what he brings to the table even if he is a Michigan alum (Go Illini!).

Sandiego:

We picked up a GREAT corner back- Boston College’s DeJuan Tribble

A Good to go offensive tackle- Texas A&M's Corey Clark

A good running back (I think he can take the full back role)- LSU’s Jacob Hester

A sleeper running back- UTEP's Marcus Thomas

and just encase anyone forgot- We got a safety from the bears for our 3rd round pick...

CHARGERS GOT SOME D BACKS, AND ENOUGH QB'S AND RBS TO MAKE IT THROUGH WW3 (OR THE COLTS/ PATS) AND STILL HAVE A BETTER THAN AVERAGE GUY TO PUT IN 8)

I must say I am sad to see Lorenzo neal and shane olivea go though. :'(

3nflcrow2.png

3NFLLIGHTSOUT.png

1sidsandiegosig.png

giants:

kenny philips, i think was the wrong choice, i would've preferred Dan Connor.

terrell thomas, cant argue with it. i think it'll pay off down the road.

mario manningham, its a steal, BUT there's reasons why we got him 3rd round...

andre woodson, GREAT pickup, but he'll have minimal use. we've got eli, and in the offseason we picked up chris weinke as a formitable backup. doesnt make sense right now, maybe one day it will.

note: i would comment on the other draft picks, but i dont know enough about them to say anything.

RNG187 ]

andre woodson' date=' GREAT pickup, but he'll have minimal use. we've got eli, and in the offseason we picked up chris weinke as a formitable backup. doesnt make sense right now, maybe one day it will.

[/quote']

It's ALWAYS a good thing to have three QBs, for injuries or what not.

Plus, Woodson can be someone that the Giants continue to cultivate while the other two play.

Which makes me wonder why the Bears didn't do ANYTHING QB-wise with their picks.

We have TWO QBs only, signed for one year each........ ::)

Undertow ]
RNG187 ]

andre woodson' date=' GREAT pickup, but he'll have minimal use. we've got eli, and in the offseason we picked up chris weinke as a formitable backup. doesnt make sense right now, maybe one day it will.

[/quote']

It's ALWAYS a good thing to have three QBs, for injuries or what not.

Plus, Woodson can be someone that the Giants continue to cultivate while the other two play.

Which makes me wonder why the Bears didn't do ANYTHING QB-wise with their picks.

We have TWO QBs only, signed for one year each........ ::)

IT will always be confusing, especially since both of them combine for a QB rating of 100/. ;)

Well......I was out of town all weekend, and didn't get to watch the draft at all.

To say I was shocked to see that the Chiefs picked up Glenn Dorsey would have been an understatement. We had 13 picks, so it isn't any wonder that the Chiefs could fill some holes, but I still never imagined they would have nailed it down like this.

Rd 1 DT Glenn Dorsey (some say THE best player available in the draft)

Rd 1 OT Branden Albert (the third best LT available; anything will be an improvemnet)

Rd 2 CB Brandon Flowers (kid smacks the shit out of anyone coming near the ball)

Rd 3 RB Jamaal Charles ( Very fast. Nice compliment to LJ. )

Rd 3 TE Brad Cottam (basically another offensive linemen; 6'7", 270)

Rd 3 S DaJuan Morgan ( don't know much about him; back up/special teams)

Rd 4 WR Will Franklin (kid was great at MU, very fast and should break into the lineup)

Rd 5 CB Brandon Carr ( another special teams player)

Rd 6 OL Barry Richardson (this guy has a chance to play guard this season)

Rd 6 WR Kevin Robinson (This guy WILL be a stud Return guy. Set an NCAA record in Return TD's.)

Rd 7 DE Brian Johnston (May steal some play time because of Jarred Allen trade)

Rd 7 TE Michael Merritt ( Another blocking TE)

Over-all, we pulled some really good kids, and will have a chance to at least compete at a proffesional level this season. Thanks Al Davis, without you takin McFadden, we would have traded down!

Tool_Minion ]

Well......I was out of town all weekend, and didn't get to watch the draft at all.

To say I was shocked to see that the Chiefs picked up Glenn Dorsey would have been an understatement. We had 13 picks, so it isn't any wonder that the Chiefs could fill some holes, but I still never imagined they would have nailed it down like this.

Rd 1 DT Glenn Dorsey (some say THE best player available in the draft)

Rd 1 OT Branden Albert (the third best LT available; anything will be an improvemnet)

Rd 2 CB Brandon Flowers (kid smacks the shit out of anyone coming near the ball)

Rd 3 RB Jamaal Charles ( Very fast. Nice compliment to LJ. )

Rd 3 TE Brad Cottam (basically another offensive linemen; 6'7", 270)

Rd 3 S DaJuan Morgan ( don't know much about him; back up/special teams)

Rd 4 WR Will Franklin (kid was great at MU, very fast and should break into the lineup)

Rd 5 CB Brandon Carr ( another special teams player)

Rd 6 OL Barry Richardson (this guy has a chance to play guard this season)

Rd 6 WR Kevin Robinson (This guy WILL be a stud Return guy. Set an NCAA record in Return TD's.)

Rd 7 DE Brian Johnston (May steal some play time because of Jarred Allen trade)

Rd 7 TE Michael Merritt ( Another blocking TE)

Over-all, we pulled some really good kids, and will have a chance to at least compete at a proffesional level this season. Thanks Al Davis, without you takin McFadden, we would have traded down!

Like I need to say I wasn't too happy to see the chiefs shoring up holes like that. :P

The raiders were gonna trade down too if MCfadden was gone. At least that is the story they are telling. ;)

tool, dont think Cottam is just another lineman, last year the Giants took Kevin boss, who's 6*7 and around 260, he was an AMAZING receiver when shockey busted his pussy leg ;) and was out for the season. he filled that extra receiver spot, just as good if not better than shockey did.

point: dont think hes just a lineman.