Energy Drinks

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

I get the feeling that there once was a thread about this. But i have a couple of Questions.....

There are SO many different brands, and types of Energy Drinks...Like Sugar free, 6 hour power, Sobe, Redbull, Rockstar, NOS..etc....

I heard that the Sugar free ones are better because the sugar is what causes the crash after the energy burst...but anyway on to my questions.

What energy drink works best? and doesn't stop working after you've used it ten times (Sobe Adrenaline used to do the trick for me...I've used it SO much that now it takes three for it to work at all...)

What Energy drink is the Healthiest...If you usually only drink water, for health purposes...which drink wont throw you of as much?

And Overall which energy drink would you recommend?

Thanks fellas.

Talk About Energy Drinks........=D.....We had a School wide Project, (I'm Still a Freshman in HS, and its a New School so theres on two grades so far, But yea... ::)), So we had to produce, market and try to get people to buy our types or Drink. We had to make commercials for its and what not....Heres mine....Please note I'm a amateur at editing and what not and we shot the clip in like 10 minutes lol......At of I'd Say 200 People in the Freshman class, My group of 3 got 2nd place in the whole thing. We did a powerpoint presentation and all to sum it up so without further notice.....MY COMERCIAL!! lol....Drinks Name is "Boom!"...lol....Our Slogan is "Boom!.....A blast of enerrrrgy!!!" and that IS me in the Commercial ;D ;D ;D

I drink large amounts of water, and I go with good old fashioned coffee. No crashes, instant energy, you just get bad breath. Thank you Orbitz. ;D

I honestly feel that for me alot of it is routine. On most weekends my wife starts coffee about 30 minutes before I get up. On the days she does that, I swear I wake up and the house smells like coffee, I start to get an instant jump in my step. Same thing when I tried drinking Full THrottle for about 6 months. That stuff gives you a good jolt, but I don't think it's too healthy, and you crash pretty hard. But the smell alone after a month or so would start to invigorate me.

Nice commercial met!

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i have tried almost every energy drink i could find, and have never gotten any kind of energy "boost" from them. i have noticed two things though. if i think i am sitting too still, a good energy drink will make me all shaky and jitterey, like im having a mini siezure. kinda freaks me out. oh yeah, and dont worry, your ribs are pretty tough so your heart will most likely NOT blow out of your chest. the second thing i love about energy drinks is if im feeling a little bound up, all i need is 2/3 of a can of any energy drink, and a 100% guarenteed bowel movement!!! i dont mean it gives a nudge...i mean find a dock, ship coming in!!! terrific for those days your not sure if your gonna poop or not. honestly, what can be better than sitting on the pot shaking like a naked eskimo while your heart is doing its best alien impression. i highly recommend NOS for the best shakes, and BAWLS cherry if your feeling extra "plugged up" that day.

About 90% of my fluid intake is water.

I do not drink pop and I rarely drink juices.

Whenever I DO resort to an energy drink, it will be one of two things and two things only.

1: Coffee. Someone said it above. I take a cup of coffee, black, down it like there is no tomorrow in a few gulps, and then I head off to the gym for some cardio work. No sugar, no cream (at least before the gym. If I have coffee in the morning, I like it with milk and sugar, not cream).

2: If I do an energy drink, I drink one and one only. Monster, the BLUE can. The BLUE can has only 10 carbs in it and no sugar. Drinking ANY energy drink with sugar in it completely defeats the purpose of HAVING one. You're either going to crash from the sugar soon after if you're sedentary OR you will just pack on more carbs to burn if you have one before the gym. Doesn't make sense. Drink one that is no sugar and LOW in carbs. The BLUE Monster has never let me down. It does give me a boost whenever I've had a dragging day and I need some pep before the gym.

I do not, nor do I recommend, drinking these daily.

I have maybe one a week, as that's how frequent I will have those "I don't WANNA go to the gym" moods.

I also drink lots of water a day, to be precise I drink on average 3-4 gallons a day. I keep a gallon water jug with me at all times and refill as many times as I need for the day. The only other thing I drink is Skim milk and for a flavored drink I like Crystal Light Lemonade, it's freaking delicious.

I drink an energy drink once a day, whether it's before the gym, I need the extra boost that my morning cup of coffee doesn't give me or I just need that pick me up when my Hyperglycemia kicks in. I used to be a HUGE fanboy of Blue Monster, I can't stand the taste anymore, it is just disgusting. I've since discovered Zero Carb Rockstar, it comes in a blue can and has one of the highest caffeine and vitamin contents of any energy drink on the market per serving size, which is actually the entire can. It's delicious too, has this awesome berry flavor to it which I think can't be beat.

The only other energy drink I use is made by BioTest, it's called Spike Shooter, shit will rock your world son...nuff said.

Guest M16Assassin
-Affliction- ]

i usually just grab a full throttle but i do want to try that 5 hour energy thingy

No you do not want to do that five hour energy thingy. I was trying to pull an all nighter a couple months back and I downed a bottle of that stuff, let me tell you.

1. It tastes HORRIBLE I was almost gagging it was so bad.

2. No energy boost whatsoever

3. After 15 minutes I felt extremely hungover like I had been drinking all night.

Stay away from any of that crap. As for energy drinks I try to stay away from them because I do enough damage to my body with Mountain Dew and Root beer. I only drink 1 energy drink and that is green monster because it tastes damn good and it is an excellent chaser for vodka.

Little fun fact for you redbull fans. It actually contains bull semen. Serioulsy ;D

AAAHHHH....Finally a field that I feel a may be of great use in. Here is my theory. First let me give a bit of background info to which fortify's my beliefs.

I am an over the road truck driver. I drive for MANY miles and for MANY-MANY hours at a time. I have been doing this for 13 years now (NO ROOKIE HERE !). It has been my experiance that after a while, the effects you feel initially are harder to obtain after each use, unless not abused. It would differ to everyone as individuals due to body chemistry. So there is no EXACT SCIENCE pertaining to the masses. Frequent use ='s less sensation. Spread use ='s the longer your body is going to accept the chemistry that particular drink has to offer.

Now there are many brands, and not all have the same values. You need to compare on a personal level, as there are to many for me to list. And yes.....I believe I have tried them ALL !! I am constantly on the look for a NEW BUZZZZZZ ! Moderation though is the key, and too much of a good thing is bad "MUY MALO :("

My energy drink of choice as of now is MONSTER, all their flavors (EXCEPT SUGER FREE).

My all time favorite......good old "ROBUST" COFFEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

P.S. wanna try somethink with a kick (screw starbucks) try Travel Centers Of America's EXTREME coffee, and or PILOT Travel Centers HIGHLY CAFFINATED coffee. they'll be sure to put hair where you did'nt have it before.