Now I Know Why I Quit Playing SOCOM

I see SOCOM hasnt changed one fucking bit. I played tonight in a laggy ass room. I go out to wait on a new room and all of a sudden I cant join any rooms. Then I get the boot. Then I cant sign in. Then I get a DNAS Error and a message telling me to contact Sony. WTF?!?!?! I've never been told to contact Sony before. Then I finally get in and kill an enemy a couple of times, shoot at another enemy, back up towards a corner while pulling out a grenade and that enemy dies from a bullet I shot at him 30 seconds prior and then everyones gone except me. Then I get back in and my screen freezes up.

NO PROBLEMS PLAYING ON COD THOUGH.

Confrontations graphics may kick ass..............but no one will ever get to enjoy them if Sony doesnt do something about their shitty ass servers. We'll all come running like Pavlov's dog when the game is released and then find ourselves bitching about the server errors again. Same old story.

I'm venting. This is all just my opinon.

• Directors

yeah, I decided to play yesterday for some odd reason after not touching the game in nearly 5 months.. It was the worst 3 mins Ive had gaming in a long time.

Snake Doctor ]

I see SOCOM hasnt changed one fucking bit. I played tonight in a laggy ass room. I go out to wait on a new room and all of a sudden I cant join any rooms. Then I get the boot. Then I cant sign in. Then I get a DNAS Error and a message telling me to contact Sony. WTF?!?!?! I've never been told to contact Sony before. Then I finally get in and kill an enemy a couple of times, shoot at another enemy, back up towards a corner while pulling out a grenade and that enemy dies from a bullet I shot at him 30 seconds prior and then everyones gone except me. Then I get back in and my screen freezes up.

NO PROBLEMS PLAYING ON COD THOUGH.

Confrontations graphics may kick ass..............but no one will ever get to enjoy them if Sony doesnt do something about their shitty ass servers. We'll all come running like Pavlov's dog when the game is released and then find ourselves bitching about the server errors again. Same old story.

I'm venting. This is all just my opinon.

That's why at this stage, you should only play with friends in private rooms. I think CHili or someone has been havign Sunday night games. Might wanna go get yer fix then.

Guest OMNI

I rarely have those issues when I play SOCOM.....I play relatively often.

Every once in a while my screen freezes...sure, but I can live with that. Plus, it seems that it has gotten worse the closer we get to the new release. Which makes sense I guess.

Wether the new release it is laggy or not, I will play many many hours I'm sure.

Question though...Won't the new release have new servers?

On a side note....

I'm pretty sure pavlovs dogs were known for salivating, not running.

I've been playing regularly with...well with my Socom clan...look at my sig you'll figure it out.

We've all been having a really good time very rarely have I had any problems. I still play on my PS2 because I also did have troubles with it on my PS3. Now once in a while the mics go out or something but it doesn't happen too often. And the TKers, little kids, and all that...it's as simple as voting an asshole. And we still play in in the US Central Ranked servers and very rarely do we ever get a TKer, glitcher, little kid, or a general asshole.

My advice stick to the rooms marked with a clan tag you recognize, you know there'll be good people there playing the same way you want to. And also stay in the US Central Ranked servers unless you know you're gaming experience won't be spoiled elsewhere. I've been having a lot of fun lately on S:CA!

My advice just play in safer rooms, you'll enjoy it more. And if there's a bad host it's as simple as asking for a new one.

Yea we've been trying to play on Sundays, but it doesn't happen every sunday. (maybe once a month)

But like they all said. keep control of the room & it isn't too bad.

We play in map pack only & passworded rooms only.!

saint52 ]

Look for COU rooms to, we try and get the guy ith best connection to host and have little issues. I do not like COD, hit detection sucks and firts person is not my thing, I ranked up so fast it did not become fun anymore....but I know people here swear by it, but I'm always gonna be a socrack addict

Yeah, so i normally host the rooms. lol... ;) ;)

regarding socom confrontation if u look at the video footage they are filmed in LAN games and yet u can see lagg even i LAN so that was with the first videos but on the new ones they fixed it somehow but it is still there.

??? :-\ ;) ;D

BamBam's right, it may be your PS3. Before my PS3 I never had problems joining a room and rarely got booted. For a while after my PS3 I was getting a couple of boots a night and had trouble joining some rooms. Hooked the PS2 back up and haven't had those problems since.

I think the PS3 is just too advanced for the PS2 games and sometimes there is a conlict in matching things up so that they work, and thus the connection and game problems.

regarding socom confrontation if u look at the video footage they are filmed in LAN games and yet u can see lagg even i LAN so that was with the first videos but on the new ones they fixed it somehow but it is still there.

This was posted on the Socom website:

The game is still pre-alpha and there is still a lot of changes' date=' tweaking and polishing going on. Also, it is important not to judge the games graphics, framerate or animation based off of internet videos which are low resolution, highly compressed and playback at a low framerate. Please wait for the high resolution videos from the PlayStation Store.[/color']