What do you think?

I was thinking and wondering ... when the new Socom comes out (assuming it is everything we all hope it will be), will there be enough interest in the other tourneys hosted by UF, like the CoD tourneys?

We already can't staff a team due to lack of interest in CoD and the buzz of a Socom release in September. I know that once Socom comes out, good or bad, we'll be "back in the game" and applying to play in the UF tourneys and so I wonder how many other clans/ppl think that once Socom comes out, they won't be playing anything else, resulting in an inability to get enough sign-ups for the CoD, etc. tourneys.

Guest [iLL] Andawg
IrshZ28 ]

Unless they totally screw up the new SOCOM, I think everyone will go to it. The recent vids show real promise. IMO, the PSN will see a dramatic drop in people signing onto COD4 after SOCOM comes out.

Even if it's crap, all the SOCOM nuts will play it, and only it. My clan still puts up to sometimes 20 guys on SOCOM as it is. We had a clan of 50 plus, then the PS3 killed it. When Confrontation comes out, we'll be strong again. Well WDA will be. I quit SOCOM as some of you may remember, quit it for good. Stinking losers can't release a game within a year of it's original announced release date. That type of company don't deserve my buisness.

caingo ]

I know for most in my clan, COD is only a hold-over game. Once Confrontations comes out, we will be there in full force.

Blunt Force feels the same way. COD is only a game to feed the craving of killing until Confrontation comes out. Personally I feel that COD has hurt us and probably other clans too. It has turned too many of our shooters into Halo-esque run and gunners. We will have alot of work to do when the REAL military shooter is released.

Andawg, we'll see how you feel when everyone is playing Socom because it's so sweet. ;)

We decided this when we started getting ps3s we would play what was out there an then after that when Socom finally returns we would go back to what we love. Like I always say CoD4 is a temporary fix. I think for the first tournament of Socom:confrontation we are gonna go with our players that have bin with us since Socom ps2. So its a good possibility that ill sign up the other members for CoD4 to keep them ready for tournaments then we'll start bringing them to the Socom level.

UF was originally a socom based tourney site, so with that being said its pretty safe to say that confrontation will play a big part on this site, but I also believe UF will has expanded and will continue to expand to areas where there is interest and support. But as Irish said who knows, hopefully its not totally screwed up:) and If i waited this long for a shitty game, I'm burning someones house down 8)

Guest KingJunk

I hung on to SOCOM CA just a lil bit after PoW and tried to make a full come back for this past Black Tourney, but I can no longer play SOCOM CA so I and JyK quit the game, but when the new SOCOM drops I and JyK will be back in FULL FORCE!!

I'm not speaking for everyone in the clan here but, most of [TBH] are holding out for confrontation. A few of us have cod4 but our clan is still running deep in the canada east and west servers on socom CA and 3. Once confrontation comes out we'll be there for for sure. Hopefully we'll get back into urgentfury to kill you all as well!

DSM left CA in Febuary of 07. We have not looked back and are pushing forward. We have moved from game to game, Resistance, RB6-Vegas, GRAW, WarHawk, RB6-Vegas2 and now COD4. Still waiting on Confrontation, where we all can unite once again. I know our clan turnout nightly has suffered alot here in the last few months, many are getting burned out.

Guest Live2Reap

yeah has COD4 allways been a temporary fix for me as was Rainbow Six so personally Good or Bad im moving to Socom(but will still play whatever my clan plays). as for Dv8 we started on a Socom game and we all plan to move to it wether they stay all depends on how good the game is so its hit or miss Socom=Good COD4=Dead for our clan Socom=Bad COD4=Survives till the next big thing

Guest KingJunk
R.O.L.A.N.D ]

I'm not speaking for everyone in the clan here but, most of [TBH] are holding out for confrontation. A few of us have cod4 but our clan is still running deep in the canada east and west servers on socom CA and 3. Once confrontation comes out we'll be there for for sure. Hopefully we'll get back into urgentfury to kill you all as well!

No need to wait for Confrontation, you know there is another UF Black Tourney you guys can sign up for right now! :D

KingJunk ]
R.O.L.A.N.D ]

No need to wait for Confrontation, you know there is another UF Black Tourney you guys can sign up for right now! :D

not sure if we got the speed King......guess we'll find out

I'll look into it King, and thanks for pointing it out. I'll see if the brothers and sisters are interested.

Never got a chance to say it but congrats on [JyK]'s victory

Just to alleviate some fears/worries/desires/wishes.....

Urgent Fury started on SOCOM.

Urgent Fury LOVES SOCOM.

It's where a lot of the clans in Urgent Fury first met and created the relationships, good or bad, that we see today. SOCOM will ALWAYS have the love of Urgent Fury, without a single doubt.

As for CoD4....many people can say CoD4 is a "tide-over" game, but hell, we're all enjoying it. And at the end of the night, you're not really enjoying the game to its fullest as much as you are enjoying the COMPANY you're keeping online while gaming. I log in not to "hone my gaming skills to utter perfection," but rather to hear my friends online as we joke, talk and, yes, play some serious games as well. At the end of it all, as long as CoD4 has its following here at UF, then here at UF we'll continue to make tourneys for it, both eval and TACMAP tourneys.

NOW.....here's the kicker.

We have seen a LOT of clans here make a complete switch over from SOCOM to CoD4, even if it's just for an interim period of time. We're EXPECTING many clans here in UF to make a similar, all-encompassing switch when the new SOCOM comes out, meaning, clans will change their format completely over to SOCOM and basically leaving CoD4 behind. If this happens, then there may be 3-5 clans who are CoD4-ONLY clans that may be left out in the cold a bit because, honestly, Urgent Fury CANNOT continue to support a game with evaluation and TACMAP tourneys when there's only FIVE clans here that want to play it. That's why we ALWAYS say over and over again, IF YOU FIND A GOOD CLAN ONLINE, INVITE THEM TO THIS TOURNAMENT SITE. It's how we grow. You don't have to view that as "if it gets TOO busy here, our clan might not get an invite to a tourney." That's not true. We look to accommodate the general flow of clan activity here at UF. It would be BEAUTIFUL to see that a good number of clans here make that complete switch over to the new SOCOM, and there is still a good pool of 12-20 clans here at UF who will still support CoD4 100%. That's a PERFECT reason to continue to run support of CoD4 here at UF.

But in the end, that's really up to the CLANS and not so much us.

UF is ready, willing and able to accommodate BOTH CoD4 and SOCOM simultaneously, but the NEED has to be there. If the need's not there, then we'd be wasting our time and effort on something that won't be worth it, when we can put that time and energy into the tourney that is generating the traffic for us.

TEAM DOUBLE HELIX jump 95% over to COD4 with the intent that it was a game to "OCCUPY" our attention . We are utilizing the capability of the PS3 in this game. The graphics, LESS lag, and the fact that it is clan and team orientated. Once CONFRONTATION is released, we ALL swich over to it. We have about five-six stragglers on CA, but they will be make'n the jump up to the new SOCOM, then WE ALL are reunited. I personaly will make COD4 a beverage coaster ! Or a frisbee and throw it across the truck stop parking lot and let JB HUNT run it over !

TIP-TOE ]

We have about five-six stragglers on CA, but they will be make'n the jump up to the new SOCOM, then WE ALL are reunited. I personaly will make COD4 a beverage coaster ! Or a frisbee and throw it across the truck stop parking lot and let JB HUNT run it over !

Same goes here. And I will be doing the same with my CoD4! ;)