Pres. Election

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Chili-Palmer ]
Klotch ]

How bout Ron Paul!!!!!!

Hes going to run independent

Are you sure about that..?

This is going fine, there is no heated debate, no flaming, etc..

The bummer is that if you dont vote for one of these two, it is almost a wasted vote..

IF you vote for someone else, it's like throwing it away.. except to make the other party feel better by getting SOME votes. (its a shame, but reality)

& I too think that the Celtics are going to win it in LA.

Not true chili. No vote is a wasted vote. These politicians need to wake up and realize the american people are tired of the same BS. You have that ability by not voting for a party line but taking a stand and voting for someone that YOU believe in. Don't vote to keep someone else out of office. VOte to bring someone in.

I always say vote toward a positive, not a negative.

saint52 ]

What I don't get is that they don't count votes like they should. EACH ONE...I know the theory behind electoral votes ect....but if you win, shouldn't be by the mass majority of the country. Thats the only reason I think voting is flawed. Literally each vote should count.

Word.

Now stop talking politics.

I have no authority damnit. :(

So knowing that the Electoral College can vote however it wants regardless of what the majority vote says, do you still think that every vote counts?

In the end the only votes that count are those of the Electoral College.

Read through this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College

Interesting reading on how Electors are choosen too. Obivous room for manipulation.

J-Rite187 ]

want obvious room for manipulation? go look up the powers of the president. lol..

You're jumping to far ahead in the process J-Rite. We're discussing the voting of a President. Not what areas a President could manipulate once elected.

But, along the lines of your comment, I do believe that our government's "CHECK and BALANCES" need to be revisited sometimes. We have become accustomed to always looking for loop holes to acheive what we want. The same has been happening in our government for awhile now.

snake, i teach political science and recently god an undergrad degree in it, i LOVE some of the checks and balances in our government, ie: the senate, vetos, the supreme court, the overall structure of our government. HOWEVER certain things i dont agree with b/c they leave much room for manipulation, and my bad for getting a little ahead it's still fairly relevant though.

To have checks and balances is a great idea. To have people whose abilities to manipulate have evolved expenditially since the creation of those checks and balances, not so much.

IMO, greed will be our undoing as a great civilazation. Look at past empires. They have all fallen due to interturmoil caused by greed. History will repeat itself.