Firmware 2.40 update Pullled by sony...

Prolog39 ]
-Disciple- ]

I don't know since ps3 hit the scene I've seen a different group of teams now. Seems like they are trying to fix the games as quick as they can due to the fact that if one game on ps3 screws up there are 5 more that everyone will play now. So if they want to keep the numbers on there game patches and updates will always come quick. Well at least shit loads quicker then ps2 has or was or ever did.

Yeah, no doubt. Well I hope they patch COD to work with trophies and music, etc. That would be awesome.

I would love to play COD with Metallica's "One" playing through the game with all the sound effects.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Rooster- ]

Buy a 360 then!

You could do all that and then some from the launch. Also. I can talk to a buddy, live chat and play anything I want while still talking to him the whole time. Not being bothered with anyone else talking.

lol.... no thanks. PS3 > 360.

I got mine just brfore midnight ESTwhen it was released. Mine downloaded no prpblem and installed fine. I like that I can check messages and add friendswhile in game now but as for the trophies that part really kind of blows. Over all it is good that I can get into the xmb now but that is about it. It is funny how guys that don't have it get confused when you add them as a friend and you are in the game with them lol. I love messin with soemof our guys lol.

While it seems like every time the PlayStation 3 undergoes a firmware upgrade is plagued by people trying to blame broken systems on the update, last night's 2.40 update seems to have caused genuine issues with many posters over at the official PlayStation forums. Owners of PS3s in all shapes and sizes have been reporting that their systems were loading to the initial PlayStation wave screen and simply hanging there after applying 2.40. No icons, no controller functions, no nothing, just the wave across the middle of the screen.

There doesn't seem to be any real pattern as to which systems are affected. 60GB, 40GB, 20GB, and 80GB systems alike have all been afflicted with the issue. We've contacted Sony for word on the issue, but in the meantime several of the more tech savvy forum posters have determined how to fix the issue, if you're willing to yank out your console's hard disk drive.

Users found that removing and reformatting their PS3 hard drive and then reinserting it into the console would get the system to boot completely, after which it asks to reformat the disk again and everything runs normally. Of course they lose all of their saved games and have to redo all of their downloads, but I suppose that is better than sending in the system for a $150.00 repair.

One can only assume that the update was the catalyst that caused certain data on affected hard disks to become corrupt, rendering the system unbootable. It would certainly explain why only certain systems are being affected, and why Sony couldn't have caught the problem in the first place.

We'll keep you updated on the issue as we learn more. In the meantime, feel free to hit the link below to read through 30 plus pages of quality PS3 forum drama.

kotaku.com

IrshZ28 ]

I would love to play COD with Metallica's "One" playing through the game with all the sound effects.

I don't believe you CAN play music from your files while you're playing ONLINE.

I have not tried single player yet, though.

Unless I'm not doing something I'm supposed to.

Undertow ]
IrshZ28 ]

The game designers have to patch existing games for that function to work. it has to be written into the code of the game. IW sounds like they will do nothing for Sony. They already made the statement that no patch was comming for the trophies. So one can assume that they will do nothing for the music. Hell we cant even get them to fix their shitty servers. so dont expect this any time soon. as for SOCOM it is already confirmed that these features will work.

Banshee07 ]
Undertow ]
IrshZ28 ]

The game designers have to patch existing games for that function to work. it has to be written into the code of the game. IW sounds like they will do nothing for Sony. They already made the statement that no patch was comming for the trophies. So one can assume that they will do nothing for the music. Hell we cant even get them to fix their shitty servers. so dont expect this any time soon. as for SOCOM it is already confirmed that these features will work.

Yea, I just read that those douche bags at IW will not update for trophies, music, or rumble support. I bet if this had been MS updating their shit, IW would be all over it.

IrshZ28 ]
Banshee07 ]
Undertow ]
IrshZ28 ]

Yea, I just read that those douche bags at IW will not update for trophies, music, or rumble support. I bet if this had been MS updating their shit, IW would be all over it.

Yeah, probably eh. Stupid biased IW.

dude iw has always been biased towards microsoft, people with 360 said team objective game mode was bad and so they pulled it even though on the ps3 forums they didnt wanted it being taken out, updates to cod4 are always put out first on the 360 then on ps3, maps on 360 were put out like 1 week before ps3, same with the update that fixed the kill cam and gave us a mute button. thats what i hate about companies just couse someone pays 7 dollars a month they get better treatment its really bull, but thats what money does, wish soney made us pay at least like 2 bucks to keep good servers.

dude iw has always been biased towards microsoft' date=' people with 360 said team objective game mode was bad and so they pulled it even though on the ps3 forums they didnt wanted it being taken out, updates to cod4 are always put out first on the 360 then on ps3, maps on 360 were put out like 1 week before ps3, same with the update that fixed the kill cam and gave us a mute button. thats what i hate about companies just couse someone pays 7 dollars a month they get better treatment its really bull, but thats what money does, wish soney made us pay at least like 2 bucks to keep good servers.

$4 per month. ($50 year) ;D

I'm sure there are many instances in your own life that you would be absolutely pissed off if a company dissed you for a non customer. (your car insurance, cable/internet, etc..)

Where in the world do you live that a company will help a non paying customer before a paying customer..!?

You know what happens when you dont give priority to paying customers. FAIL.

I hope you dont own your own business. lol

You get what you pay for.. you guys paid the big bucks for a Blu-Ray player NOT a flawless gaming system.

Chili-Palmer ]

dude iw has always been biased towards microsoft' date=' people with 360 said team objective game mode was bad and so they pulled it even though on the ps3 forums they didnt wanted it being taken out, updates to cod4 are always put out first on the 360 then on ps3, maps on 360 were put out like 1 week before ps3, same with the update that fixed the kill cam and gave us a mute button. thats what i hate about companies just couse someone pays 7 dollars a month they get better treatment its really bull, but thats what money does, wish soney made us pay at least like 2 bucks to keep good servers.

$4 per month. ($50 year) ;D

I'm sure there are many instances in your own life that you would be absolutely pissed off if a company dissed you for a non customer. (your car insurance, cable/internet, etc..)

Where in the world do you live that a company will help a non paying customer before a paying customer..!?

You know what happens when you dont give priority to paying customers. FAIL.

I hope you dont own your own business. lol

You get what you pay for.. you guys paid the big bucks for a Blu-Ray player NOT a flawless gaming system.

I totally agree. Its the old addage, "Money talks, and bullshit walks!" Its still disheartening to see a supposed "neutral" game company be so blatantly biased. They made the game for three platforms for god sake, its not Halo!

On kinda the same subject of IW being a bag of dicks, is it usual for companies to sell updated content for online games? It just seems everytime you read about another game offering extra content, (i.e maps, guns, etc) its always free.

i mean if a company says they will be neutral and wont take sides i take that as being true, im paying the same amount of money for the game and i should get the same service, i dont know if the money 360 players pay end up in the pockets of IW or those other companies but the thing is ps3 should get the same amount of service and not get the shit or the left overs from the 360 players, team objective should have never been taken out on the ps3, same was with the m16, back when cod4 wasnt patched the m16 was a magic gunned it always killed with one burst and now a days it does that sometmes, from what i heard idk if it is true or not but it is that because many 360 players complained to IW that the game was too realistic and they wanted it more "halo" like IW patched the game to reduce the guns power, this was when the IW patched for the new kill cam and mute button.