Firmware 2.40 update Pullled by sony...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted on the official PS Blog...

As has been reported on many gaming blogs and websites, we have temporarily taken Firmware v2.40 offline. We’ve received a limited number of calls from consumers experiencing an issue with installing the system software update on their PS3. While our consumer services department has seen a low volume of calls on this topic, we are committed to providing the PS3 community with XMB access features delivered in the v2.40 update. We are working diligently to isolate the problem for those few consumers and to identify a solution before we put the firmware back up.

We’ll provide further information as necessary here on the Blog.

Also, a question I was happy to see...

the_bay_mafia | July 2nd, 2008 at 4:36 pm

so what about people who already have 2.40 installed?

Jeff Rubenstein replied on July 2, 2008 at 4:41 pm

We’ve received no reports of hardware issues following a successful install.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/02/firmware-v240-status/

Prolog39 ]

Also, a question I was happy to see...

the_bay_mafia | July 2nd, 2008 at 4:36 pm

so what about people who already have 2.40 installed?

Jeff Rubenstein replied on July 2, 2008 at 4:41 pm

We’ve received no reports of hardware issues following a successful install.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/02/firmware-v240-status/

Nice, I was worrying about that.

MarauderHD ]

Mine works fine...I guess you all have to wait on this cool stuff.

I'M SO SORRY!

LIFE SUCKS FOR YA'LL!!! EVIL LOL!!!

LOL yeah, we had about 18 SHO guys in a COD room tonight and only like 3 of us had the update. We were taunting everyone else with XMB messages so much, LOL. So funny.

Guest NEO-X
Prolog39 ]
MarauderHD ]

I'M SO SORRY!

LOL yeah, we had about 18 SHO guys in a COD room tonight and only like 3 of us had the update. We were taunting everyone else with XMB messages so much, LOL. So funny.

LOL< thats pretty funny...

But yea, i dloaded it last night like just after midnight, and had no problems during install, and is working fine..

I was disappointed that i couldnt play music tho. (on mgs anyway)

xDarkSkye ]
Prolog39 ]
MarauderHD ]

I'M SO SORRY!

But yea, i dloaded it last night like just after midnight, and had no problems during install, and is working fine..

Yeah, same. I hope COD patches it to allow in-game music... doubt they will though, or if they do, it will take them forever! LOL

Prolog39 ]
xDarkSkye ]
Prolog39 ]
MarauderHD ]

I'M SO SORRY!

Yeah, same. I hope COD patches it to allow in-game music... doubt they will though, or if they do, it will take them forever! LOL

I'm almost sure it wouldn't take them forever but I don't know if it will work on there game but if games want to do it I doubt it would take that much time. I think most games will just end up adding it to whenever they release there next patch for there game.

-Disciple- ]
Prolog39 ]
xDarkSkye ]
Prolog39 ]
MarauderHD ]

I'M SO SORRY!

I'm almost sure it wouldn't take them forever but I don't know if it will work on there game but if games want to do it I doubt it would take that much time. I think most games will just end up adding it to whenever they release there next patch for there game.

Yeah, I agree that it wouldint take that much to do. However, lots of developers seem to slack on these things. Never really know whats going on behind closed doors, anyways. Just hoping is all.

I don't know since ps3 hit the scene I've seen a different group of teams now. Seems like they are trying to fix the games as quick as they can due to the fact that if one game on ps3 screws up there are 5 more that everyone will play now. So if they want to keep the numbers on there game patches and updates will always come quick. Well at least shit loads quicker then ps2 has or was or ever did.

-Disciple- ]

I don't know since ps3 hit the scene I've seen a different group of teams now. Seems like they are trying to fix the games as quick as they can due to the fact that if one game on ps3 screws up there are 5 more that everyone will play now. So if they want to keep the numbers on there game patches and updates will always come quick. Well at least shit loads quicker then ps2 has or was or ever did.

Yeah, no doubt. Well I hope they patch COD to work with trophies and music, etc. That would be awesome.

-Disciple- ]

Omg... I hope they come faster. Because if you had a problem with Socom you could forget about an update. The next Socom would come out before a patch fixing the problems.