OMFG..!!! Flying Innertubes.!?

Has anyone seen these before..?

I'm going camping/wakeboarding this weekend & we we're looking into possibly something new & exciting for the trip & this is what we found...

There are a few other types out there, but this MantaRay is the shyt.!!

MantaRay -

(ALL flying tubes are illegal in most places now, & can only be bought on ebay)

These things actually have hurt quite a few people.

If you notice in the vid, very few show em "stable", or landing. Mostly they just cut the scene.

I have rode on an aftermarket Ray, and while it was fun, I could see it getting deadly quick. It would take little to nothing for the wind to catch you and land you on the bank at 40 mph.

saint52 ]

Yea those are over the lake I stay at....best part is seeing someone bite it from up in the air doing about 35mph into the water....lol........

Yeah, that hurts!! I rode one for an afternoon right after they came out. Needless to say, the thing sat on the beach the rest of the weekend. Nobody wanted a second day of welts and bruises. While it is a rush, it does get scary in a hurry.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

UM, I used to ride on an innertube tied to the back of a truck driving on snow covered gravel roads, and the "fun" part was wrestling to through each other off the tube onto the road, or into a snow bank. I once broke a 10' Pine tree off after they took a turn and the tube I was on went out into the snow. :o

You think a little water is scary? Please people have some balls. You probably actually think lawn darts should still be out lawed?! ::)

HippieChik ]

That cannot be even remotely "safe." NO THANKS! That just looks like some is asking to be seriously injured.

Thats why they are NOT leagal on most lakes & they stopped making & selling them.

There are lots of videos of people crashing.. the thing is if you keep it at a simple rate of speed it will mostly just catch a little air, but if you go faster it will catch more air. (speed depends on boat & weather) you just have to figure out what speed that is for your boat on that day ;)

Andawg ]

UM, I used to ride on an innertube tied to the back of a truck driving on snow covered gravel roads, and the "fun" part was wrestling to through each other off the tube onto the road, or into a snow bank. I once broke a 10' Pine tree off after they took a turn and the tube I was on went out into the snow. :o

You think a little water is scary? Please people have some balls. You probably actually think lawn darts should still be out lawed?! ::)

Ive been "Truck Tubin" myself. ;D I wrapped my brother's leg around a telephone pole.

Good times, good times.

Andawg ]

LOL. I've been truck sledding with those old metal disc sleds. I know some of you guys remember those. Anyways we used to do that, but never tubes.

And water at 40+ HURTS. Same as concrete man.