Interesting tidbits on our dying troops

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Corruptor310

thanks Dominion.

2 points I thought of while on my 45 minute drive home tonight.

first from the context of Scofields statement I took that as -- they use women to blow stuff up. And I give to you our renewable resource in that field -- U.S. Female Combat Pilot

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=U.S.%20Female%20Combat%20pilot&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

different skills sets is all -- Theirs straps a bomb to themself and blows up people and ours flies over head and drops bombs on people.

Secondly from the same context --- they use children --- I was in the Marines and done with bootcamp at the age of 17 -- technically still a kid.........so

and to MaluNYmmets -- my point was a bit unclear -- you stated that you almost "got" a platinum Republican whatever card.......... How many years of dedicated and honorable service to the Republican cause puts you into qualifying getting this card --- or do you just buy it?

Corrupter I was using the women and children reference in the context of our troops overseas having difficulty identifying who are the enemies. These use our ROE against us by knowing that we cant fire at a suspected target if they are unarmed and cant fire unless fired upon and all kinds of bs like that. They can strap a bomb under a womans shirt and we wont fire unless she acts hostile. Its just a shame how we have to handcuff our military's hands behind their backs. Because they know if they accidentally kill a civilian the media here in America will crucify them and they'll be locked up in jail for one simple mistake.

As for Iraq I still think we made the right choice. We had just been attacked and we believed very strongly Saddam had WMD's. I still think he did and he had a very long 8-10 months to get rid of them probably shipped them to Syria. But its irrelevant, if he didnt have them he would have gotten them evetually. The world is safer without Saddam.Im more worried about Iran. Are we just going to wait for them to attack Israel? Or wait for them to attack us? I would rather deal with them before they have nukes that trying to deal with them after they have them.

Guest Corruptor310

that we cant fire at a suspected target if they are unarmed and cant fire unless fired upon and all kinds of bs like that.

why would we want to fire at unarmed people?

cant fire unless fired upon -- you are correct there -- we should of just let the next biggest military force in the world go in and take care of this -- the Chinese have no problems firing first and asking later......

"They can strap a bomb under a womans shirt and we wont fire unless she acts hostile". Once again I refer to the "Art of War" --- basically it states, "if you dont fully totally understand your enemy you should not attack them".

"because they know if they accidentally kill civi's -- not always -- not always.........

http://www.google.com/search?q=marines+acquitted&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

take your pick on which story to read.

Everybody has the right to believe what they want for sure. And I respect totally your choice --- for myself personally when I was watching all that go down -- I had doubts about it --- like I stated previously in this thread, if the people in control and wanting to make that move had just kept to -- Saddam and his sons are turds, and they won't allow UN inspectors in and have not complied with requests for 10-12 years - they need to go, then it would have been a non issue at this point. Did he have current usable weapons -- i have no idea, he obviously did have them in the past -- no doubt about that.

Answer me this --- what does Syria gain for taking these weapons in??? How does it benefit them in anyway?

just like some planes -- they might be buried.........

the world is not safer without Saddam -- The area is safer -- he was not a world threat.....inmho

Iran........lol

What is the difference between Ahmadinejad and Baghdad Bob?? Actually not much difference at all --- both are idiots --- both are mouth pieces for a dysfunctional government, have you ever seen or heard that a large portion of IRAN dislikes Ahmadinejad..........

ATTACK ISREAL........It wont never happen.

fact: The 6 Day War, Egypt, Jordan And Syria with troops from Iraq, Saudia Arabia, Tunisia, Morrocco and Algeria (yes i googled this) attempted to kick Isreal ass ------------ And Isreal stuffed that attempt up their asses. In 6 days. The Isreali's Government/military machine is not something to mess with. They dont go in half assed on anything or with unclear eyes............. Name a mission or war that the Israel's have undertaken -- and lost?

Iran nukes.........either it will be dealt with by the Isreali's themselves or this dog and pony show will iron out an agreement with some entity to save face and not look weak -- a big part of the issue over there is Arab leaders put stuff out that their ass's cant cash -- and then they have to save face.........culturally important.

Tool_Minion ]

Right. If Osama is dead, then lets bring em home, and call it mission accomplished.

I don't give one hairy ass about the political or social standing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, or any other stan. We have the ability to change their landscape from the sea, we don't need our brothers and sisters in harms way. It is NOT necessary for us to be there. We know we are bigger, stronger, and have more man power. They know it too. Difference is, we are in THEIR homeland.

The middle east has been a mess for hundreds of years. There is much worse going on in Africa, but they don't have anything we as Americans find valuable. Hence, no military aid. Plenty of religious and volunteer work being done there, but again we don't spend the money to help the citizens fight off the genocidal militants. I just don't buy the bullshit reasoning.

this is one of the best posts I've seen on this site

Tool_Minion ]

Right. If Osama is dead, then lets bring em home, and call it mission accomplished.

I don't give one hairy ass about the political or social standing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, or any other stan. We have the ability to change their landscape from the sea, we don't need our brothers and sisters in harms way. It is NOT necessary for us to be there. We know we are bigger, stronger, and have more man power. They know it too. Difference is, we are in THEIR homeland.

The middle east has been a mess for hundreds of years. There is much worse going on in Africa, but they don't have anything we as Americans find valuable. Hence, no military aid. Plenty of religious and volunteer work being done there, but again we don't spend the money to help the citizens fight off the genocidal militants. I just don't buy the bullshit reasoning.

applause.gif

Agreed.

Tool_Minion ]

i couldn't agree more. Did you know that world war 2 could have been easily avoided. for the same reason you stated above, back then we saw things to come when japan invaded Manchuria, but what did American or the world cared about some cardboard huts in Korea. Italy invades Ethiopia, the Ethiopian king went and pleaded on the floor of the league of nations for help but was ignored, Hitler said many times that had the brits or the French told him to stop or war he would have done it.

In the end it all comes down to what we want and political gains, i believe we should just get the heck out of the middle east, close all relationships with them and watch them kill themselves and plead for humanitarian when there is a natural disaster.

world war 2 avoided? cdbs, that's one helluva stretch. if it were only hitler, or only the facists, or only the japanese expanding then MAYBE. but not when you have three powers UNITED and all trying to have some type of reign on the world. the league of nations was useless, it did nothing but appease hitler trying to avoid war. when i teach this to my kids i teach them M.A.I.N.

M = militarism, building up your military. Hitler broke the treaty of versailles and began to sit and build up a HUGE armed forces

A = alliances, AKA and the tripartite that joined Japanese, Italian, and Nazi forces.

I = imperialism, this is by far the biggest influence on the war b/c its what ultimately caused the UK to attack. ALL 3 axis powers started to expand and make their territory bigger. nazi:europe, italian: africa, japanese: south east asia, and china.

N = nationalism, pride in one's country, basically what's fueling the imperialism to make their country the biggest and the best out there.

the treaty of versailles couldn't have been avoided, the causalities and losses suffered by france and england had to be avenged in some way, so they provided harsh terms. This not only angered the germans but also crippled their economy b/c they lost land and were out of factory jobs that supplied the military. and the french and british thought nothing of this treaty b/c WW1 was 'the war to end all wars' they never thought it would come back and bite them in the ass like it did.

J-Rite187 ]
OMNI ]

I thought we only got involved AFTER Japan attacked us.

this is correct. but we were still supplying arms/ships/supplies to england

yep, see you have to see history from different point of views, a German view of the war might be different from that of a Japanese, there were many factors that eventually lead to war, the treaty of Versailles has to be one of the dumbest things ever made, although we like to see history in a very simple way that, japan attacked we went to war, Hitler invaded Poland Europe went to war, but it isn't as simple, many variables involved.

1. Neville Chamberlain allowed Hitler to do whatever he pleased he didn't even try to stop him, its like saying a new kid comes to your school and tells you what to do even though you used to be the big kid in the block, the only way to stop someone like that is by immediate force you really cant negotiate with those type of people, the fastest they are out the better society becomes.

2. For Japan to expand they needed oil, when they invaded China the united states began imposing many embargoes, the two most famous ones and the ones that lead to the war were the oil and rubber embargoes , Japan was starving for oil, they needed it for expansion, for Japan there were only 2 ways out, work a deal with the U.S which meant no expansion or go to war, of course we all know which one they picked, after pearl harbor the Japanese took control of the lower Indies that were rich with oil.

3. Hitler signs a pack with the russians, a non-aggression pact, the simple story we know of is that they sign a we wont attack each other deal, but there were other things in it as well, such as the russian exporting crude oil to germany from the balkans and its oil fields in asia minor, this was the oil germany used to defeat france and poland, When hitler couldnt take the UK and his shores were under a constant check from the british navy he wasnt getting oil, he need to invade russia for oil and take the ukranian oil fields.

i can go on forever, ilove history, if there are many spelling or grammar errors im sorry

one more thing i want to say is that back in the late forties the general geologist for i believe was exxon back then said that the united states oil will reach its peak sometime in the mid 60's sure enough that happened, after that peaked is reached oil production drops because oil cant be pumped fast enough or in large amount ans our dependency on middle eastern oil began, he also predicted that that middle eastern oil will reach its peak sometime in 2025, after that, their oil will swell in price for the same reasons our oil did the same, now think what happens then, what happens when the middle east is out of oil, reason saudi arabia is making so many resorts in dubai and other cities is to support the country before the oil runs out, like i said once the oil is out then we will trully leave the arbas and find another way of making energy.

J-Rite187 ]

nice post cdbs, ;D

Ooh ooh the teach gave him an 'A'!! LOL

Corruptor310 ]

"IF" Osama is still ALIVE --- then what should we do??

We should send our best squad of government assasins to kill him.

To KNOW he is alive is to KNOW where he is.

I want closure for the families affected by 9/11. Don't do it for me, do it for them.

Interesting....ho hum.

Here's what I know. We weren't overtly involved in the war. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Then we became involved overtly.

Yes it is a simple view. It is also the truth. All that other crap you posted has little to do with how we got involved and that is the point I thought we were discussing.

Guest M16Assassin

Who knows the real truth behind Pearl Harbor though? We went to war because we wanted to. The only way for full approval to go to war was for a disaster to strike. FDR knew about Pearl Harbor prior to it happening, he chose to allow it to happen so the entire nation would want to get involved. We had intercepted Japanese messages a few days before but he did nothing with them.

Gee sounds a lot similar to something else that happened recently. ::)

Great post CB! Keep em above 3 lines and your golden. ;)

Prane ]

Who knows the real truth behind Pearl Harbor though? We went to war because we wanted to. The only way for full approval to go to war was for a disaster to strike. FDR knew about Pearl Harbor prior to it happening, he chose to allow it to happen so the entire nation would want to get involved. We had intercepted Japanese messages a few days before but he did nothing with them.

Gee sounds a lot similar to something else that happened recently. ::)

Great post CB! Keep em above 3 lines and your golden. ;)

Word. We were already geared up and ready to go months before Pearl Harbor, all FDR needed was a "legimate" reason.

Guest Corruptor310

i thought there was a depression going on at the time............and that WWII helped pull us out of that --- how where we gearing up??

And if I am understanding somethings around here -- "we should always" just do a pre-emptive strike?? instead of waiting for a reason?? man that is dangerous or am i reading into way too much.

Prane ]

FDR knew about Pearl Harbor prior to it happening, he chose to allow it to happen so the entire nation would want to get involved. We had intercepted Japanese messages a few days before but he did nothing with them.

sounds like a conspiracy theory to me...uh oh

Corruptor310 ]

i thought there was a depression going on at the time............and that WWII helped pull us out of that --- how where we gearing up??

And if I am understanding somethings around here -- "we should always" just do a pre-emptive strike?? instead of waiting for a reason?? man that is dangerous or am i reading into way too much.

Thanks for making me have to go find research, you asshole. ;D

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=983&display_order=2&sub_display_order=3&mini_id=1090

So maybe we weren't quite gearing up, but we definately were ready to jump in. ;)

Corruptor310 ]

thanks Dominion.

2 points I thought of while on my 45 minute drive home tonight.

first from the context of Scofields statement I took that as -- they use women to blow stuff up. And I give to you our renewable resource in that field -- U.S. Female Combat Pilot

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=U.S.%20Female%20Combat%20pilot&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

different skills sets is all -- Theirs straps a bomb to themself and blows up people and ours flies over head and drops bombs on people.

Secondly from the same context --- they use children --- I was in the Marines and done with bootcamp at the age of 17 -- technically still a kid.........so

and to MaluNYmmets -- my point was a bit unclear -- you stated that you almost "got" a platinum Republican whatever card.......... How many years of dedicated and honorable service to the Republican cause puts you into qualifying getting this card --- or do you just buy it?

Can you guys PLEASE actually read the whole post before ATTACKING the person who replied to the post.

Read the very first sentence I wrote - I posted this on facebook and this is one of the responses I got back.

Guest Corruptor310

My apologies MaluNYMets.

I lost who was saying what in your post.

I think I am going to cool my jets for a day or two on this forum, that is twice in two days I have went off in the direction.