• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MaluNYMets ]

Obama does not have executive experience AT ALL. Are you telling me you have confidence in him running the country? How long has he even been in national politics again? At a time when we are at war and world conflicts are happening all around you are going to put your confidence in a senator? Just a quick question you know when was the last time a Senator was elected President? You know why Senators weren't because THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE running anything.

Running a state is no joke like Red said its like governing a country.

Hello??? Can anyone hear me when I say I live in Alaska and that palin Just plain sucks as our govenor. She has only been at it for less than 2 years and has done nothing but try to move the capitol closer to her home town. She has no experience & couldn't lead a horse to water. Before McCain made his pick, seriously how many of you knew who Sarah Palin was?? Now I hear some repeating rightwing talking points, as if they know who this chick is...LoL...I almost feel sorry for the GoP, Almost...

-REVEREND- ]
MaluNYMets ]

Obama does not have executive experience AT ALL. Are you telling me you have confidence in him running the country? How long has he even been in national politics again? At a time when we are at war and world conflicts are happening all around you are going to put your confidence in a senator? Just a quick question you know when was the last time a Senator was elected President? You know why Senators weren't because THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE running anything.

Running a state is no joke like Red said its like governing a country.

Hello??? Can anyone hear me when I say I live in Alaska and that palin Just plain sucks as our govenor. She has only been at it for less than 2 years and has done nothing but try to move the capitol closer to her home town. She has no experience & couldn't lead a horse to water. Before McCain made his pick, seriously how many of you knew who Sarah Palin was?? Now I hear some repeating rightwing talking points, as if they know who this chick is...LoL...I almost feel sorry for the GoP, Almost...

LOL, I hear you REVEREND. I agree. McCain didn't even know her till a week ago. LMFAO!

6 things the Palin pick says about McCain

1. He’s desperate. Let’s stop pretending this race is as close as national polling suggests. The truth is McCain is essentially tied or trailing in every swing state that matters — and too close for comfort in several states, such as Indiana and Montana, that the GOP usually wins pretty easily in presidential races. On top of that, voters seem very inclined to elect Democrats in general this election — and very sick of the Bush years.

2. He’s willing to gamble — bigtime. Let’s face it: This is not the pick of a self-confident candidate. It is the political equivalent of a trick play or, as some Democrats called it, a Hail Mary pass in football. McCain talks incessantly about experience, and then goes and selects a woman he hardly knows, who hardly knows foreign policy and who can hardly be seen as instantly ready for the presidency.

3. He’s worried about the political implications of his age. Like a driver overcorrecting out of a swerve, he chooses someone who is two years younger than the youthful Obama and 28 years younger than he is. (He turned 72 on Friday.) The father-daughter comparison was inevitable when they appeared next to each other.

4. He’s not worried about the actuarial implications of his age. He thinks he’s in fine fettle and Palin wouldn’t be performing the only constitutional duty of a vice president, which is standing by in case a president dies or becomes incapacitated. If he were really concerned about an inexperienced person sitting in the Oval Office, we would be writing about vice presidential nominee Mitt Romney or Tom Ridge or Condoleezza Rice.

5. He’s worried about his conservative base. If he had room to maneuver, there were lots of people McCain could have selected who would have represented a break from Washington politics as usual. Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman comes to mind (and it certainly came to McCain’s throughout the process). He had no such room. GOP stalwarts were furious over trial balloons about the possibility of choosing a supporter of abortion rights, including the possibility that he would reach out to his friend.

6. At the end of the day, McCain is still McCain. People may find him a refreshing maverick or an erratic egotist. In either event, he marches to his own beat.

On the upside, his team did manage to play to the media’s love of drama, fanning speculation about his possible choices and maximizing coverage of the decision.

On the potential downside, the drama was evidently entirely genuine. The fact that McCain only spoke with Palin about the vice presidency for the first time on Sunday, and that he was seriously considering Lieberman until days ago, suggests just how hectic and improvisational his process was.

My first thought when I heard he choose a woman ...

"How original" ::)

McCain reeks of desperation. It's sad that he thinks choosing a woman as his running mate is going to win it for him. The ONLY reason he choose her ... she's a woman and he thought this would cinch the Hilary supporters.

Any credibility he had was lost with this choice.

• 3 weeks later...
WARPIG ]

LMAO! So we have resorted to making the qualifications about looks? Those average woman are alaskans. That was my only point. Someone was calling out -REVEREND- about Palin and Alaskans and just thought this was funny. :)

No worries Warpig, it's just their way of trying to justify the rally by saying that those women are just jealous because they're not as hot as Palin...

BUT there were a few I'd do the deed with. How about that prego woman in blue? But only if she wasn't pregnant! And that woman with the sign that said "Keep your laws off my body!" yessssssss!

:D What has Barrack done? NOTHING

Red, you only show your lack of political understanding to make a silly statement like this. Try again.

Also, your lady of reform who said she will cooperate with the investigation into troopergate is NOW saying she won't cooperate. Even after it's well known that it is a bi-partisan (3 republicans and 2 democrats) on the panel... Palin is now saying it's tainted. LMFAO! That's the oldest repub trick in the book. The Bush admin has done this on every shady thing that came up in the last 8 years! This is going to be so much fun in Nov.! I can't wait!!!

See this is the difference between an independent and party person. I have read both John McCain's books and both Obama's books... so I know what he has done. You guys, I be willing to bet haven't even read John McCain's books! LOL Why do I have to sit and tell you everything? Why don't you find out for yourself. Here, start here. Let me know when you need more, or better yet, why don't you give me your address and I'll mail you the books! haha!!!

http://obama.senate.gov/

Dude, I posted this for you guys already. Please read and educate yourself.

30obama.GRAPHIC.gif

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/271/

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2005/November/20051101170118adynned0.8910791.html

http://obama.senate.gov/press/060908-senate_passes_c/

http://thomas.loc.gov / (Select Obama’s name from the Senator drop down)

This does not lists all of his accomplishments, nor does it deals with his accomplishments prior to entering elected office.

So NOTHING would be wrong. haha! ;)

Here's so more.

http://www.obama08-wa.com/files/experience.pdf

http://www.obama08-wa.com/files/Ethics.pdf

* Senator Obama's fight for universal children's health care in Illinois.

* His success bringing Republicans and Democrats together (a huge selling point for me in general) on bills

such as the one in Illinois requiring police interrogations and confessions to be videotaped.

* His leadership on ethics reform in Washington (the bill that lobbyists and special interests are complaining

about right now has his name on it).

* His bill to make the federal budget far more transparent and accessible to Americans via the Internet -- we

could use that openness in Texas.

* And his vital work with Republicans to lock down nuclear weapons around the world.

Holy shit man... He's done more then I originally thought. LOL Thanks Hog for helping find more... I could do this all night! LOL

I want REFORM war pig. He has done nothing as far as reform. He preaches change yet he offers the same change that every other democrat offers. Taxes, throw more money at the problem. Our economy is a democratic and republican problem. Barrack has said nothing about getting things straightened out in Washington.

I feel you aren't listening or reading cause I see plenty and posted plenty of what he has laid out. If you will take the time and read through Obama's blue print, I don't see how anyone could make your statement. And you still can't get around the fact that this has been a republican run country for the last 8 years. 3/4 of that time have been a republican run congress. Yes, I will agree that the democrats hold some responsibly also... but it mainly falls on failed republican policy.