Freezing Conspiracy Theory?

Okay, I know I am not the first to catch on to this, but there are some reasons as to why the game freezes so much.

Think back to the beta. There were freezes right? Well, sort of, but it was just your typical freeze like any other game once in a while. It was more laggy and getting booted rather than freezing.

Now what is one thing that has changed from the beta and the game? Well, that is the lovely "Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset." That's right. I don't know how many times I have froze over these past weeks, but I can tell you over 75% of the time, it is mic related.

The new mic is the major reason to my freezes, and to others as well. If you are sprinting and talk, you have a high chance of getting the freeze. Talking in scope and while shooting are some other reasons. I re-call so many times, when my game freezes it is because I am keying up the mic.

Some of you might say, well my game freezes and I don't have the new mic. Well, I bet you that you do not freeze 2-3 times an hour.

All is I know is that if I am playing in small 8v8 rooms, and my mic is on the charging dock, I do not re-call getting booted since the release. The mic uses up a lot of bandwidth, as well as 16v16 player games. That is why you freeze more in the bigger rooms. In 8v8 rooms, I haven't had as much of an experience freezing then I do in larger maps.

Okay, feel free to say I am insane! But I bet you the mic plays a big factor in the freezing...

Playerdown ]

Undertow freezes all the time and he has an expensive,Uber Ninja Headset Mic.

Well that may be the case, but I am sure it is a wireless bluetooth headset. Maybe I shouldn't have narrowed it down to just the Official PS3 Headset, rather any bluetooth headset sucking up all the bandwidth.

I bet if we all used our old PS2 logitech headsets we wouldn't have as much of a problem. What is the difference between the headsets and bandwidth? I have no clue.

Tool_Minion ]

Tow's mic is a BT as well though. I think it is simply a Socom problem though, as I used a BT mic with CoD, TW08, MLB08, and the offroad racing game that came w/ my PS3....

Oh yeah most definately. I am not saying the bluetooth heaset will make every game you use it on freeze. We all know the SOCOM servers suck a big one.

It has to to with people using routers as well. If you using a PC to download a fu*in movie while your playing the game at the same time You WILL lag. Period, I dont care who your ISP is and what kinda connection you have. I have a ten Mb/s connection, speed means nothing, its stability that matters, and even with high speeds, bandwidth is limited, so get off your damn computers while playing the game! AND the BT MIC has been the cause more like 90% of my freezes. It cant be co-incidence that pretty much 13/14 of my total freezes happened to be when I keyed up.. esp. in the 1st 30 seconds. If you key up and try to run before the screen fog goes away,(the darkness at the beginning of the rounds) kiss the PS3 goodnight cuz your about to shut off. After 3 or 4 times I really dont wanna turn it back on.

Matty2D ]

Some of you might say, well my game freezes and I don't have the new mic. Well, I bet you that you do not freeze 2-3 times an hour.

Wrong........ The game's stability is shit right now. I, along with many of my clan mates, freeze a minimum of 2-3 times in an hour and none of us are using wireless.

I really thought the UF would delay the league until they release the next patch. All I can see is headaches trying to run a league with the game playing like it is.

Yeah, I use both mics, BT and wired. No difference at all. It really does seem like if you key up when the game is doing one of those lag freezes, then it freezes you completely. I've frozen in the lobby, in game, in round complete, and game complete. I really couldn't tell you. I know I don't key up as often anymore. ::)

MaluNYMets ]

I agree with that. I barely get a chance to play the game now a days because my ps3 keeps freezing. Going to be a problem when we have wars if they don't come out with a patch soon. Why not push back Black?

I have a rule that I use..... As soon as I freeze for a 3rd time I shut it off for the night. Unfortunately, I spend more time "out" of game trying to get in then actually playing. Until they patch it, this will lead to a ton of headaches league wise.

Well from the general concensus of everyone posting, it isn't really what type of mic but rather keying the mic...

My brother plays and he never uses a mic, he just plays once in a while, a max of two hours. His game never freezes.

As far as delaying the league. Sure that would be good, only if there was a definate date when the patch would come out. If we delay it a week, and no patch, will we just keep delaying it?

at3dave ]

It has to to with people using routers as well. If you using a PC to download a fu*in movie while your playing the game at the same time You WILL lag. Period, I dont care who your ISP is and what kinda connection you have. I have a ten Mb/s connection, speed means nothing, its stability that matters, and even with high speeds, bandwidth is limited, so get off your damn computers while playing the game! AND the BT MIC has been the cause more like 90% of my freezes. It cant be co-incidence that pretty much 13/14 of my total freezes happened to be when I keyed up.. esp. in the 1st 30 seconds. If you key up and try to run before the screen fog goes away,(the darkness at the beginning of the rounds) kiss the PS3 goodnight cuz your about to shut off. After 3 or 4 times I really dont wanna turn it back on.

Uhm I would have to disagree. If you have 10Mbps and you cannot play and download something then something else is wrong. Either you are losing packets, something mis configured or something else. If you use Torrents then you are going to have issues not because of how much bandwidth but how many connections you are allowing.

What is just as important as download is upload. If you have poor upload then you would see a host of issues as well.

There are SO many variables that could cause lag. My problem is with people that have low bandwidth and still insist on being host!