RPG use in tournaments, clan games...

Just because we signed up doesn't mean anything. There is always room for improvement. UF Crucible 1 was a no boom tournament. UF crucible 2 and 3 were boom. What made the rule change? People wanted the change. Am I not right? If people say they aren't ever going to sign up for horsemen again because of it.. why not give consideration to what others think about it? This isn't aimed at you guys its aimed at anyone who uses RPGs. The key thing we need to look at is how many people like it and dislike it. This isn't something to take personally.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I didn't see the date I just know it was up immediately after our war last night so for that I apologize. There are some names being tossed around clearly disrespectful without saying any individual names or teams. Don't make it right, I see this going south so I will stop posting.

I have made my points...

Goodluck against those that use UF allowed weapons. ;)

MaCoo_ ]

I guess I didn't see the date I just know it was up immediately after our war last night so for that I apologize. There are some names being tossed around clearly disrespectful without saying any individual names or teams. Don't make it right, I see this going south so I will stop posting.

I have made my points...

Goodluck against those that use UF allowed weapons. ;)

No one tossed any names around. The whole point is to talk about it. Everyone who has stood up for a cause or a "change" did because of something that made them realize it. It has nothing to do with you guys specifically using them if it was anybody it would have been the same result. The whole point is to see what people think about it and see if we can push for a change for a future tournament.

SplinterTheRat ]
Vengeance ]

^^^finally' date=' thank you goat.

i tend to look at trends when in wars and public play... rpg's=desperation on the users part, my problem is not the rpg itself its the guy who sits in a room and waits in the corner with an rpg. Like last nights horsemen war was ok up until i was shot in the back from 10 feet away with an rpg... when someone doesnt even try to use their primary (even when they have a clear advantage), it means they know they will not succeed and resort to desperation.

imo

[/quote']

I just want to point out that my team DID use RPGs against a CAMP heavy team. Please don't feel the need say we where desperate when on more than one occasion we clearly where able to out gun you.

I had this same debate with the officers in Hollow Ground, I believe in the use of the RPG if it is tactful. Do you really think it would've matter if he came and shot you in the back? You where dead anyways, might as well add some bonus points on to it. You signed up for a tournament that has RPGs in and, now you're complaining about it?

Also Mets if you're going to complain about people getting bashed, then maybe your team should stop the bashing.

- Splinter

No one bashed anyone Splinter. People talked about what they think of use of RPG. If people come here and complain about people crying or bitching thats a bashful attack or use a specific name.

SplinterTheRat ]
Vengeance ]

i tend to look at trends when in wars and public play... rpg's=desperation on the users part, my problem is not the rpg itself its the guy who sits in a room and waits in the corner with an rpg. Like last nights horsemen war was ok up until i was shot in the back from 10 feet away with an rpg... when someone doesnt even try to use their primary (even when they have a clear advantage), it means they know they will not succeed and resort to desperation.

imo

[/quote']

I just want to point out that my team DID use RPGs against a CAMP heavy team. Please don't feel the need say we where desperate when on more than one occasion we clearly where able to out gun you.

I had this same debate with the officers in Hollow Ground, I believe in the use of the RPG if it is tactful. Do you really think it would've matter if he came and shot you in the back? You where dead anyways, might as well add some bonus points on to it. You signed up for a tournament that has RPGs in and, now you're complaining about it?

Also Mets if you're going to complain about people getting bashed, then maybe your team should stop the bashing.

- Splinter

camp heavy? splinter, you guys chose terrorists to start and didnt leave the back area... your teams first kill was with an rpg. After that it didnt matter how/where we went to rush there was one of you waiting with an rpg. I was on the garage one round and there was 4 rpgs fired at me from the hostage roof and the back terrorist ruins but i guess i was the camper 3/4 of the way to your spawn... as for outgunned, i dont need to defend myself.

and the thread isnt going south Macoo, people just dont like having to face facts.

ps. i dont have a grudge or anything and im not bashing anybody. You guys just did what you had to, to win.

Goat ]

jeez Hawk? all caps and such.. calm down amigo.. opinions were asked for and everybody is just giving theirs.

Its ok bro really, if you haven't had sex in that long, maybe we can start a fund and get you laid? LOL

I happen to agree with you though, if you don't like RPG's or anything else for that matter in a room, nothing is stopping you from leaving and making a new room or joining one without them.. as far as the ranked rooms, Slant 6 has announced the inclusion of the ability to disallow them in ranked rooms as an option which is suppose to be included in the next update, so having to have them in ranked rooms may be finally an option.

peace yo,

Goat.

p.s. my opinion has nothing to do with any specific war or game.. It is only as to the use of the weapons in general.. I'm not taking sides one way or another on whatever happened in a game last night or any night for that matter.. If that's what this thread was about than my opinion is not related. Like I said my opinions are ones that I've had for a long time, issues concerning any game, round, etc.. were not even known by me, more less are my opinions directed to it.

thanks but i need beer money.

Well if this was a thread concerning an game related issue then I can fully understand any anger or frustration from my opinion on the matter. I sent hawk an apology since I did not intend to take any sides nor was I aware of any ulterior aspect of this thread if that is the case.

Like I said, I don't use them but that doesn't mean I treat those that do disrespectfully, they are part of the game and whether I use them or not does not give me the right to tell someone else how to play the way they want to. I hold the developers at fault for simply not taking more into consideration in their inclusion of the weapons, I don't hold the choice to use them against any player. If I don't want to play against someone that uses them then all I have to do is find a room where they aren't included. Everyone paid the same money I did to play Socom, using something that is legitimately included by the developers is not something I have any right to complain about. Sure I don't use them but that's my choice and nothing I hold anyone else to. Hell I don't like getting shot in the back.. period! I prefer you fight me like a man! LOL.. however I'm not going to cry about it, how sad would it be to say.. whaaa you noob you shot me in the back! .. that's not fair! you got no skills! whaaa whaa whaaa.. .. or something like.. YOU suck! we had six against your one and you hid and camped!! why didn't you come out in the middle of the street and shout "Here I am!" so we could kill you! YOU camper!!

errr yeah, hopefuly I made my point, opinions are just that opinions, how I choose to play the game doesn't give me the right to tell someone else they have to play the way I want them to.

Nuff said.

Vengeance ]
SplinterTheRat ]
Vengeance ]

imo

[/quote']

- Splinter

camp heavy? splinter, you guys chose terrorists to start and didnt leave the back area... your teams first kill was with an rpg. After that it didnt matter how/where we went to rush there was one of you waiting with an rpg. I was on the garage one round and there was 4 rpgs fired at me from the hostage roof and the back terrorist ruins but i guess i was the camper 3/4 of the way to your spawn... as for outgunned, i dont need to defend myself.

and the thread isnt going south Macoo, people just dont like having to face facts.

ps. i dont have a grudge or anything and im not bashing anybody. You guys just did what you had to, to win.

Since you're claiming you didn't camp the entire time, I will officially extend a challenge to your Horseman team for a scrimmage w/o rockets. We will also have members of the UF Community come and watch.

Elimination - DG and Elimination - FF.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I said before RPGs are okay in my book as long as they're used tactfully. If you got a bunch of campers sitting around corners, then use a RPG to get em out of cover.

MaluNYMets ]

Just drop it guys. Obviously having a mature debate is not possible lets just forget about it. Thanks for the people who actually answered the question that was originally stated and gave healthy debatable discussions.

Obviously because your the only one that can hold a mature debate ::) I did nothing but state facts about why the rpgs are not a BS weapon.

MaCoo_ ]
MaluNYMets ]

Just drop it guys. Obviously having a mature debate is not possible lets just forget about it. Thanks for the people who actually answered the question that was originally stated and gave healthy debatable discussions.

Obviously because your the only one that can hold a mature debate ::) I did nothing but state facts about why the rpgs are not a BS weapon.

Bro I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about these BS challenges going on in the backround and BS talking about yesterdays match. Dude did I say anything about you? I just don't get. I thanked the people like you who actually helped the debate and tossed clear facts? Why are you offended by my comment?

MaCoo_ ]
MaluNYMets ]

welcome back Macoo.

and splinter i cant speak for my teammates but ill take ya guys on any time

MaluNYMets ]

Just because we signed up doesn't mean anything. There is always room for improvement. UF Crucible 1 was a no boom tournament. UF crucible 2 and 3 were boom. What made the rule change? People wanted the change. Am I not right? If people say they aren't ever going to sign up for horsemen again because of it.. why not give consideration to what others think about it? This isn't aimed at you guys its aimed at anyone who uses RPGs. The key thing we need to look at is how many people like it and dislike it. This isn't something to take personally.

They were changed because COD gameplay was different than Socom, and the tourney didn't play quite right. Plus you couldn't turn them off.

MaluNYMets ]
MaCoo_ ]
MaluNYMets ]

Bro I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about these BS challenges going on in the backround and BS talking about yesterdays match. Dude did I say anything about you? I just don't get. I thanked the people like you who actually helped the debate and tossed clear facts? Why are you offended by my comment?

Here's my take:

Horseman was a great idea for a UF Tournament for SOCOM. It was a chance to play with guys you don't normally play with' date=' meet new people, and above all, play the game we all know and love on competitive level here in a great community. Bottom line, the RPG use has ruined the experience for me. It took the great game we had and turned in into a 90 minute camp fest. As of right now, I would NOT recommend ANY Urgent Fury tournament that supports the use of RPG's.

For the people who say it's part of the game, you're right. It is part of the game but it deviates the game play in a way that is less fun for the majority of its players. The only reason I can understand anyone supporting RPG's would be if they couldn't hold their own with a rifle...

That's all.[/quote']

Obviously a reference to our match. You want to say its not? Then why would Vengeance post this.

lol ye i was getting ticked off so i poped my rpg cherry tonite

BUT IF THATS NOT CONCLUSIVE ENOUGH

^^^finally, thank you goat.

imo

This thread wasn't brought back up because of our war?

No it wasn't started for the war last night. If you look at the start of this thread this was over a week ago. Did yesterday war push to re-start this thread yes. But others felt the same way about it. Debating about anything is a problem now a days so lets just end this thread before it turns into a bash people thread. Forget it. People bring up debates and problems because of situations THEY were part of that's the whole point of talking about it.

Okay sure.

This thread was brought back to life because of our war and 3/4th of your squads did nothing but complain about our war.

Completely off TOPIC..

But i seen a post about a challenge..

I DARE ANY OF YOU to challenge my horseman team w/o rockets. LoL

Back on Topic.... The whole point was debate whether or not we like rockets... or how we feel about them in tournament use.

I dont see where everything blew up into whatever it has become...

1. I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE ROCKETS.

and the rockets are a bullshit weapon.. no fact changes that.. ;D

2. I WONT PLAY WITH PEOPLE THAT USE THEM (Outside of a tourny Im in)

3. I DISCOURAGE the use of them in other tournaments..

There I have stated my Opinions without sayin anything or directing anything at all to anyone in any way.

What do you guys think..

Do you like/dislike them?

Should they be in other tourny's... YES/NO ?

just answer the two questions and the thread becomes what it should. There ya go. 8)

MaluNYMets ]
MaCoo_ ]
MaluNYMets ]

Malunymets granted you haven't called me out by name or the Hollow Ground memebers in the war last night but the innuendos of people who use them are garbage and have talent and skill is the same thing. Granted you said thanks for the input but at the same time your being disrespectful to us. This is how these little squabbles start, so I would appreciate the debate not talk about how people who use a weapon that is legal in the UF wars as "GARBAGE". Believe me the guns are plenty hot.. ;)

I personally don't CARE if they are used or not. I don't, but mainly because:

A) they give away your position. You can't kneel down behind a crate because the damned thing is sticking up.

B) You have just as much chance of getting your ass blown off when your busy trying to aim them.

C) I suck at them. I got like 5 RPG kills, so I know well enough to leave em be.

We practiced against a team using them rather frequently for the horseman, but it didnt help em at all.....

Now I have no clue if you guys are going back and forth over the legitimacy of a kill obtained by RPG, or whether there are some sour grapes about a loss. What I do know is that in the end, we ARE playing a video game to have some fun and stress-relief, and if an RPG gets your blood going, it may be time to set the controller down and smoke a doob. :-\

Come on guys. Seriously I really didn't mean to offend anyone like that. I have my own opinion about using RPG just like anyone else who has opinions on people who uses the FAMAS or the F90. This is getting way out of control. I just was told to get off the hollow ground website by Splinter. Sorry guys. This has gotten way out of control. It wasn't mean to personally offend anyone like that.