RPG use in tournaments, clan games...

Hey guys we have been debating heavily on RPG use in the clan and was wondering what others in the community thinks about it. Just want to throw some topics out there about it not necessarily my view or the clans members views but views of people that I've talked to in general.

RPG is a cheap way of getting kills? Whats the differences compared to a GL?

Does it actually give an advantage to a player?

Does it take away from having fun?

Guns are better then Rocket launchers anyway.

What do you guys think?..

Just want to also say I value all of your opinions and I've gained a lot of knowledge from these forums and I think it has helped me a lot be a good clan leader too, well I'm hoping ;D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPG is a cheap way of getting kills?

Yes and no, If you are all the way across the map and you get a chance to try to shoot someone with it hard to hit them with it and if you kill them then good for you (I am basing this opinion on RPG's drifting off from where they originally were targeted. I don't use them so I don't know). but No because if you are just trying to get the guy around the corner or hiding behind a box then I think that is a total bitch move.

Whats the differences compared to a GL?

The GL I think that you can actually have decent aim with it compared to RPG's.

This depends on the player I think if you are truly a noob it doesn't matter what gun you have in your hands or strapped to your back you are still gonna suck.

For me I can say No it does not take away from the fun I have on socom because I will just adjust my game to avoid... well try to avoid getting killed by an RPG or a GL. Most of the fun I have on the game some nights is talking to the people in 503 and having some good laughs.

Guns are better then Rocket launchers anyway. <<<<<<< when it comes right down to it that is exactly how it is for me.

RPG is a cheap way of getting kills?

I think so. I think it requires VERY LITTLE if no skill to launch an RPG in the general direction of an enemy and get a kill. Therefore I think the kill the person gets for that RPG is VERY cheap.

Whats the differences compared to a GL?

GL's can be a little more effective I think, like shooting them in a window will cause the grenade to land on the ground and increase the blast effectiveness. Im not sure I dont use either of them. RPGs can only shoot directly straight and as soon as they come in contact with ANYTHING they blow, GL's can be used slightly different in allowing you to bounce the round off a wall or object.

YES and NO. Due to the encumberance factor it takes away from your speed.

But due to the fact you can kill somebody behind something or in an area a gun cant reach it does provide and advantage in my opinion.

YES,, I hate them and will leave a room if I see a person using the excessively. This includes when the person or persons are on my team. If they keep getting cheap kills, then they arent playing tactically and therefore reduces the fun for me. This is all completely IMO though. Some people enjoy them.

Guns are better then Rocket launchers anyway.

ABSOLUTELY. again IMO. They require skill.

What do you guys think?..

To sum it up I HATE rocket launchers and wont play with people that use them, or against people that use them excessively. Also.. I dont believe the "They are real world weapons and this game is based on reality" arguement. Either way if more than 4/5's of your kills come from an explosive than you suck with a gun and should play a different game. Again.. this is IMO.

The Major difference between RPG's & GL's has always been that you only get a small amount of shots, where as a GL you have way more rounds.!

Old Socoms - 2 shots max in an RPG (which is why they were allowed in tournaments, they also occupied one of your slots instead of grenades)

Man, some of you guys are pretty adamant about rockets and such.

As far as GL's go, I haven't used them or been "exposed" to them on this installment. In the previous socoms, they were definately a cheap/no skill weapon.

Rockets are NOT easy to use. I try to use them and still don't think I've gotten one kill with them. I die from people using them all the time. That being said I love rockets. I love how cool they look flying at you. I love that you can avoid them by diving or jumping.

Did I mention that they look friggin cool?! ;D

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tough one for me. Somedays I would say I hate rockets because if I am playing bad and having a bad night the last thing I need is to catch a rocket in the face. But I have had a lot of fun using them in the past. I would stay away with them in a serious situation unless vehicles were present.

Prane ]

This is a tough one for me. Somedays I would say I hate rockets because if I am playing bad and having a bad night the last thing I need is to catch a rocket in the face. But I have had a lot of fun using them in the past. I would stay away with them in a serious situation unless vehicles were present.

Im talking about purely in a tournament match. I don't see why Rockets are allowed when GL's aren't. Especially when the game had it designed for vehicles.

Yeah we can debate it. Thats why I responded to your post, LoL. i AGREE with you on the not allowing them in any small tourny's or any for that matter.

My thing with the rockets is that I just plain out dont like them. There is NO vehicles in the game. They require.. MINIMAL to NO skill to fire in any direction....

P.S. FOR THOSE OF YOU that argue here.. and think a rocket requires skill... your pretty much retarded. I dont care if I offend you for saying that ::) . I do apologize ahead of time for any grief UF may catch for me saying it so bluntly. But thats how i feel.. if you think it requires skill to shoot a rocket.. then ::) . :-X

Seriously. Shoot a gun, hold it steady.. when zoomed in and firing try to keep it on the target with the recoil... that requires skill.

In any case...like i said before you PAID for the game YOU use ANY weapon you want. You have the right to do so. And I have the right NOT to play with you if you use them. Unless they are allowed in a tournament Im playing here in UF.. I will not play in a room that allows rockets. Period.

Not because i dont like getting killed by them and whatever else you might say b/c you think your cool and Im lame and a sore dier or something.. but because they eliminate the fun.. when a person uses them consistantly and ruins it. Its one thing to use them sparingly.. but if a rocket is your primary weapon and a gun your secondary,,,.. then i dont want to play with you. Period.