Microsoft caught with their pants down?

SQUlD ]

Maybe Microsoft was counting on its customers being smart enough to know that YOU SHOULDN'T MOVE THE DAMN CONSOLE WHILE THE DISK IS SPINNING. DUH!!!!!!

What a novel concept. Using your brain. That's inconceivable!!!

Sal0713 ]

That's just fucked up. We can tell that Microsoft only cares about money.lol

Yeah, because Sony doesn't. ::)

SQUlD ]

Maybe Microsoft was counting on its customers being smart enough to know that YOU SHOULDN'T MOVE THE DAMN CONSOLE WHILE THE DISK IS SPINNING. DUH!!!!!!

ok this example has nothing to do with a video game system but I had a sony discman and I dropped the mother fucker so many time while listening to CD's now granted the disc isn't spinning at the RPM's a XBOX game would but it still spins and has moving parts around it not once have I ever scratched a CD from listening to it, I would even move my PS2 around while it was reading a game and nothing happened. It doesnt matter if the customer is "smart" or not you make a product you stand behind your product and you don't cheap out on something cause it costs 50 cents a console. so in no way would I ever blame this on the customer it is exbox's fault not the consumer.

Most portable CD players like discman were made to be able to absorb shock and protect the disc because people were using them for jogging and working out and such. They're portable so they're supposed to be moved while the disc is spinning.

The XBox and the PS3 are not portable. They are supposed to be stationary. I'll bet that in the documentation you get with both systems is some type of warning that says not to move the system while a disk is spinning. It probably says not to move while there's a disk in the system at all.

SQUlD ]

Most portable CD players like discman were made to be able to absorb shock and protect the disc because people were using them for jogging and working out and such. They're portable so they're supposed to be moved while the disc is spinning.

The XBox and the PS3 are not portable. They are supposed to be stationary. I'll bet that in the documentation you get with both systems is some type of warning that says not to move the system while a disk is spinning. It probably says not to move while there's a disk in the system at all.

ok maybe so but how do you explain the older PS2's being able to be tilt from lying down to standing up. when it comes right down to it Sony produces a better product. Microsoft IMO doesn't care about quality as much. as far as instructions go really who reads them. I know I havn't read the instruction book on anything I have bought unless I have to put it together.

Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

ok maybe so but how do you explain the older PS2's being able to be tilt from lying down to standing up. when it comes right down to it Sony produces a better product. Microsoft IMO doesn't care about quality as much. as far as instructions go really who reads them. I know I havn't read the instruction book on anything I have bought unless I have to put it together.

I've dropped my iPhone a dozen times and it still works. Does that mean it's made to be dropped? Just because moving it while the disk is spinning hasn't ruined a game yet, doesn't mean it's designed that way.

Prane ]

This may be old news to some but new to me. How do you explain this one Chili ;D

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/microsoft-faces-new-xbox-360-reliability-accusations/1274293

Whoa whoa whoa.. whats to explain..?

You want reasoning.. how about you (or any of you fanboys) while you're playing Socom and the disc is spinning, tilt the machine on its side & back a few times, then tell me what you need explained.! ;D

And if your question is: why is my disc scratched.?

Your answer is: because you are an idiot.!

My PS2 scratched so many Socom discs.. i cant even tell you how many, (i posted in another thread a few days ago that i just sold back 9 copies) I have been through well over 12+ copies of Socom in my lifetime, & i would bet a lot of money that this has happened to MANY of you too, so just because Yahoo makes a story about it, doesn't mean SHIT, either console will do this same damage, so dont act like Xbox did anything different, it is ALL consumer error, NOT Microsoft.

Dont act like sheep, and believe everything the news tells you.. they are usually making things up, & exaggerating stories because they need a story to post about.

Cynical2U ]

ok maybe so but how do you explain the older PS2's being able to be tilt from lying down to standing up.

when it comes right down to it Sony produces a better product.

Microsoft IMO doesn't care about quality as much. as far as instructions go really who reads them. I know I havn't read the instruction book on anything I have bought unless I have to put it together.

And Cynical... i cant even begin to start with how many statements you made that just scream.. whaaa im a fanboy, & Sony can do no wrong. ;)

ANY system can be tilted from its side & back, but ANY system can & will do damage to a disc if it is spinning when you do it.. PERIOD.!!

Could i get one Real & Legit fact that backs that up.?

This is your opinion, based on..?

IF you want me to dig up some Sony "News" stories, id be glad to, but i am smarter than thinking that just because i read about it that it is the do all/end all of what Sony is & does.

My opinions on Playstation, & Xbox are based on experience, NOT hearsay, rumors, & "News" (Media)

No one else needs to turn this into a flame war about which system is better, we ALL been down that road before, & there is no convincing each other to change each others minds, so lets not go there again. ;D

Couldnt have said it any better chili.

I love this stuff. 360 sucks cause you cant toss it around while playing!

Get real. I laughed sooo hard when I read this...then even harder when I saw some replies in here.

Lets see how far some of you will go, anyone have, "I love Sony" tattoo's? Mabey window stickers ;)

SQUlD ]
Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

I've dropped my iPhone a dozen times and it still works. Does that mean it's made to be dropped? Just because moving it while the disk is spinning hasn't ruined a game yet, doesn't mean it's designed that way.

No they dont Squid but they make them to be durable in case shit like that happens. some shit is made with quality and some shit is not. I am an XBOX hater so I wont give them any credit. so really my opinion is biased. mostly cause I have not had one Sony product that was crap.

Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]
Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

No they dont Squid but they make them to be durable in case shit like that happens. some shit is made with quality and some shit is not. I am an XBOX hater so I wont give them any credit. so really my opinion is biased. mostly cause I have not had one Sony product that was crap.

No they don't. These are consoles. They're made to be put some where flat, sturdy and well ventilated and not moved. There are no handles on any of them, there's no strap for slinging it over your shoulder or strapping it to your bicycle. You run just as much risk scratching a disk in your PS3 as you do in an Xbox. Just because you're a fan of one over the other, doesn't mean you should develop misconceptions about it's quality. Both are made of the cheapest parts available in order to keep the cost down.

Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]
Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

Curious. You only owned 1 ps2 from the day of release until the day you got rid of it? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just asking. I personally had 1 xbox fail and 1 360 fail. Both were fixed for free. Now I had 3 original ps2's fail and 1 slim ps2. My damn ps1 was the only one that never shit the bed!! I always keep my stuff well ventilated, it's always dusted a few times a week. I'm pretty anal about the upkeep of all my electronics so it wasn't abuse at anytime.

Now I've seen quite a few people here have hardware failures with a ps3 and they had to pay to get it fixed. :-\

ps. The only nintendo product that failed was the original, but we all knew to fix that you just pushed the game over to one side before you clicked it down. ;D

wow I posted this before I leave for work then the fanboys attack!! I think the wrong point is being argued here by both sides. Of course a disc in either system will skip if its tilted, but what about Microsoft not paying the $.50 to fix the problem. I'm not a ps3 guy whatsoever. I own one and play it but I hate playstation for their lack of support and multiple software problems I used to have. I would be an x-box guy if I liked the controller more. I just find it interesting that they wouldn't fix the problem, I'm sure Sony wouldn't either but it just so happened that Microsoft got caught so we have to laugh at them instead of Sony.

FANBOYS GO TO SLEEP!!!!!! ;D

BigMoneyNacku ]
Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]
Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

Curious. You only owned 1 ps2 from the day of release until the day you got rid of it? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just asking. I personally had 1 xbox fail and 1 360 fail. Both were fixed for free. Now I had 3 original ps2's fail and 1 slim ps2. My damn ps1 was the only one that never shit the bed!! I always keep my stuff well ventilated, it's always dusted a few times a week. I'm pretty anal about the upkeep of all my electronics so it wasn't abuse at anytime.

Now I've seen quite a few people here have hardware failures with a ps3 and they had to pay to get it fixed. :-\

ps. The only nintendo product that failed was the original, but we all knew to fix that you just pushed the game over to one side before you clicked it down. ;D

I had the fat PS2 until I replaced it cause I thought it was fucked but it turned out to be my power cord. I dont have a PS3 yet I just use my roommates. I also agree with you that Nintendo make a near flawless system it is just to bad that most of the games that they have are kid oreinted.

Prane I think you need a new phrase "fanboy" In my opinion is a little bit of a gay name for some one who likes a product over another, why would I be a fan of a system that wouldn't even tell the public about something that they made has potential to damage things that are meant to be used with it regardless of the fact if you tip it to one side or another. also wont even spend the 50 cents to fix the issue before the public buys it. That sounds a little stupid to me. and again this is just my opinion and it doesn't make me a fanboy, I buy quality things cause I work hard for my money and I'll be damned if I just hand it over to a corporation who wont even provide me with a quality product, saying that is something that is all in the opinions of different people.

Cynical2U ]

I had the fat PS2 until I replaced it cause I thought it was fucked but it turned out to be my power cord. I dont have a PS3 yet I just use my roommates. I also agree with you that Nintendo make a near flawless system it is just to bad that most of the games that they have are kid oreinted.

Prane I think you need a new phrase "fanboy" In my opinion is a little bit of a gay name for some one who likes a product over another, why would I be a fan of a system that wouldn't even tell the public about something that they made has potential to damage things that are meant to be used with it regardless of the fact if you tip it to one side or another. also wont even spend the 50 cents to fix the issue before the public buys it. That sounds a little stupid to me. and again this is just my opinion and it doesn't make me a fanboy, I buy quality things cause I work hard for my money and I'll be damned if I just hand it over to a corporation who wont even provide me with a quality product, saying that is something that is all in the opinions of different people.

Damn dude, are you that ignorant..?

BOTH systems will damage your disc.

PS3 is the exact same way (PS2 also). Show me where Sony tells you & where Microsoft doesn't.!?

You are just buying into a Yahoo news story that is anything but news to most of us gamers.

Dont be dumb dude..

God damn, its like you're not even trying to pay attention here. :shakes head:

Prane just laid it out for you, but you just act like that part of his post didn't exist.

All the more reason people will say fanboy..

You just gave the perfect example of a fanboy. lol

classic!

A guy that doesnt have either system has such STRONG feelings towards one and such hate towards the other.

The reason they didnt fix it was to weed ou the morons. Thoset that toss around thier 360 while playing games should be playing games. ::)

Its like saying dodge didnt fix thier tires because when you run over nails, they go flat.... DUH!

And the FanBoys Live again LOL.

Well back to go read yahoo incase the came up with some earth stopping news.

wow.......

All this is, is another idiot suing just to sue. Just like the idiot that sued Winnebego (or whoever) for not explaining to him that cruise control is NOT automatic pilot.

Here is my concern. BOTH systems allow for horizontal or vertical placement. If you have it vertical and it falls while playing will it scratch your disk? Now obivously 360 will and I am not dumb enough to test it on the PS3. So wouldn't you think that BOTH would have a margin for error if this situation occured? Because you know that some idiot has their console on the floor in the vertical position waiting for a pet or child just waiting to knock it over.