I need some friends

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellraiser ]
Chili-Palmer ]

What makes you think that is for PS3. ;)

the free cookie!! otherwise they would be offering a 25% deal on the second one you'll need after a few months! ;)

Since when do you get 25% off the next one..!?

I have never needed another one so i dont know. ;D

-Rooster- ]
Hellraiser ]
Chili-Palmer ]

the free cookie!! otherwise they would be offering a 25% deal on the second one you'll need after a few months! ;)

Mmmm.....Yellow lights are the best $150 youll ever spend on a machine you already own. ;D :-*

yeah, maybe when PS3 reaches half of Xbox failure %, sony might extend the warranty. ;):-*

The vulnerability of the Xbox 360 to a hardware failure known as the Red Ring of Death is a well publicized matter. Last summer, amidst a flurry of reports from Xbox 360 owners, DailyTech exposed retailers’ estimates that up to 33 percent of Xbox 360 consoles experience hardware failures within the first year of ownership.

Realizing that they had released a faulty product, Microsoft eventually released a statement formally announcing the problem and offered a 3-year warranty for this specific fault. .

Since its initial launch, the Xbox 360 has taken on a bad rap- in the media at least- as a system that constantly overheats, is poorly manufactured, and is too unstable to be on store shelves. The aforementioned problems are just a few of the reasons people claim to have experienced when the dreaded flashing lights illuminate on their beloved console.

Microsoft has said the failure rate for Xbox 360 is well within an acceptable range for technical products, about 3 percent of all systems manufactured. Last year however, a warranty provider for consumer electronics estimated the actual failure rate at around one in six units

^^^^ nuff said :-*

Yea, i know you guys just dont get it, but feel free to ask any of the PS3 guys who have switched lately what they think..

TheLastNeo

CpDude05

Johnson30

Etc..

You want some more examples..

Video - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/162098.html

Ongoing thread - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3390905

The YLOD issue is a growing phenomenon that Sony must address. YLOD seems to occur soon after the 1 year warranty is over. This issue is ultimately forcing early adopters to pay $150 to have their PS3 repaired. Its time to fight back. Sign up at http://www.playstation.com . Look for the topic “ONLY For Registered PS3 Owners With The YLOD Malfunction.†The link address is http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3390905

Support the movement. It worked for X-Box 360 owners. It will work for PS3 owners as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/money/20070706/1b_msoft_xbox06.art.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Visit http://consumeraffairs.com/ and file a complaint.

Early adopters of the PS3 are starting see the number of defective units increase overtime. Though the numbers of defective units are not increasing faster than Microsoft’s console in the past, PS3 owners are starting to take concern.

The problem is PS3 was marketed as a multimedia center, and not just a video game console. For many, the PS3 eliminated the need for other electronics such as Blu-ray/DVD players, I pods, computers (PS3 has Linux OS), and DVRs. Early adopters are quickly becoming familiar with the words “burn outâ€, “over heatedâ€, and “expired warrantyâ€.

While Sony’s customer care representatives insist that the number of defective units are at 3%, those who fall under the 3% are most likely your early adopters who slept outside various stores to be the first to own a PS3.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft went the extra mile for XBOX 360 owners by extending the warranty from 1 to 3 years. Sony is looking forward to finishing the PS3’s year 2 campaign, and closing the gap on sales. They are not concerned about the early adopters being forced to pay an extra $150 to have their console work again.

Long gone are the days of the costumer always being right, and the loyal fans with issues being compensated.

visit the http://www.playstation.com and see for yourself. Here is the link below.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3390905

My PS3 Fanboy I.D. is hanging in the balance with the cost of a new XBox 360 at $199.

I could find negative PS3 stuff all day long on the internet also.. ::)

CDBS14 ]

LOL PWNED!!!!!

Im glad you dont have a 360' date=' We dont use the word PWNED over here. Its for little kids that cant afford to pay for Great service :-*

I also have a pic on my pc of a ps3 with the yellow light...Could be your PS3...who knows. BTW got it back yet?

Hellraiser ]
-Rooster- ]
Hellraiser ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Mmmm.....Yellow lights are the best $150 youll ever spend on a machine you already own. ;D :-*

yeah, maybe when PS3 reaches half of Xbox failure %, sony might extend the warranty. ;):-*

Until then, get your wallet out and get ready to pay for it. Shitloads of people here have had to send out their ps3's, who cares about faliure rate, If it happens to YOU...then it doesnt matter if its 1/1,000,000 your fucked and have to fork out money. Either way the consumer loses.

My PS3 failed......and you don't even wanna know how much of a dick they were to me.

So when mine got the yellow lights, Instead of paying $150 to get a refurbished one, I bought a new one. I thought this is great, I'll log into the store and start downloading the close to $1,000 of content I have spent at the PS3 store, WRONG!

My account was activated with another PS3, so all of the content I bought I cannot get now. I call SONY to deactivate the PS3 that is broke, and they tell me to turn on the PS3 and manually deactivate it. The fucking thing doesn't even power up!!! I can't do that.

Now they tell me to send it in with $150 to get it fixed and then the account will be free from that PS3. This is THE ONLY OPTION they gave me. In order to get the content I PAID for already I have to pay them $150. I know I can send it in and get it fixed and resell it, but that's not the point here. I was on the phone for over 3 hours bitching talking to 4 different people and this is the only option I had.

You can all trash XBOX all you want but they do give you a 3 year warranty on the rings of death. SONY only gives one year on the yellow light. So to me this is fitting:

sss.png

I was as stubborn as anyone else supporting the PS3 for over 2 years, Slant 6 pushed me over the edge and now I get what Chili has been preaching for all this time.

There are features I never knew existed:

Talking to friends and playing different games at the same time. I don't hear someone's girlfriend 3 rooms away bitching about her job over your mic! I don't have to type messages, I can leave a voicemail. I can control my whole account choosing what to DL from XBOX.com. I get DL netflix movies right to my XBOX.

I get it, the graphics are better on the PS3, but they missed the boat on a lot of things.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although i did get the YLOD myself, and i have been playing xbox for the last week; i still see lag and almost the same problems as PS3 even in HALO3 i saw lag.

Either way you guys switched to xbox because of socom sucking, i am on PS3 cause i love SONY, heck my PSP broke i sent it in, they couldnt fix it they gave me a refurbished one with a 150 dollar gift card AND it all happened in 5 days. Everyone that i know whose PS3 malfunctioned and sent it to SONY got it back in5-7 days not the AHHHH.........MONTH IT TAKES MICROSOFT TO DO IT.

ALSO SOMEONE SAID PWNED IS NOT SAID ON XBOX360, lol, im pretty sure you only play while on a private chat because i hear more shit talking on 360 than PS3.

I GOT SWORD SPREEE YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F-CK U ALL NOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A BRIG AND YOU ARE A NOOB.

thats what someone told me on HALO3 after he killed me and got a sword spree.

Preach on my son... ;)

You should hear both TheLastNeo & CpDude.. they have just joined this week, & sound pretty ecstatic & excited about how it is.!

Red rings, Yellow lights, whatever, the bottom line is your experience while playing..

It's good to know you're right no matter how others think.. I guess thats how religious people feel. lol

Because once you're able to get off Sony's dick, you realize there IS a difference & gaming doesn't have to be such a headache. :-*

All of you Sony Fanboys are like die hard sports fans.. which there is nothing wrong with that, but at somepoint you have to realize your team is not the best. (and just because you are not a fan, doesn't mean there are not better teams) ;D

CDBS14 ]

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although i did get the YLOD myself' date=' and i have been playing xbox for the last week; i still see lag and almost the same problems as PS3 even in HALO3 i saw lag. Think it may be your connection then?

i am on PS3 cause i love SONY, No more needs to be said

Everyone that i know whose PS3 malfunctioned and sent it to SONY Ps3 never fails..how many could it be?

ALSO SOMEONE SAID PWNED IS NOT SAID ON XBOX360, lol, i hear more shit talking on 360 than PS3. Choose better friends, Going into a room called, "I PWNED NEWBS" is asking for trouble..because when people get the yellow light, They borrow a 360 and play still. ;)

I GOT SWORD SPREEE YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F-CK U ALL NOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A BRIG AND YOU ARE A NOOB.

thats what someone told me on HALO3 after he killed me and got a sword spree. Your playing HALO!!! What do you expect?

Chili-Palmer ]

Preach on my son... ;)

You should hear both TheLastNeo & CpDude.. they have just joined this week, & sound pretty ecstatic & excited about how it is.!

give them time LOL

PS3 has better everything. it hasn't allowed more warranty cause most of them still works and $150 prob are the only thing you have to pay for the PS3, Xbox charges for the online so you are paying $50 every year. so i have been with my PS3 for two years and haven't payed shit while you must already have paid $100 in the long run PS3 cost less. I get my online gaming for free, and Socom is the only thing that really sucks on it.

im not on the preacher typed, i tried and seen the Xbox and really cant get into it i love the PS3 games, what the hell would i have done without Metal Gear Solid,LBP, Final Fantasy, God of war and although it still sucks....SOCOM.

one thing for sure if i could have both... that would be great!

Hellraiser ]

PS3 has better everything. it hasn't allowed more warranty cause most of them still works and $150 prob are the only thing you have to pay for the PS3, Xbox charges for the online so you are paying $50 every year. so i have been with my PS3 for two years and haven't payed shit while you must already have paid $100 in the long run PS3 cost less. I get my online gaming for free, and Socom is the only thing that really sucks on it.

No, After two years NOW we're even.. since you paid at least $100 more for your PS3. ;D

And our last two years have been flawless game releases with voice chat/mail, & DLC that works, with no updates to make things worse. :)