What is the point?

Let me ask for real.... I have been on the fence for a while now about buying and having both systems. My question(s) is why? How many games do you play on your PS3? Do you mainly just play X-Box for everything other then Socom?

I really don't buy many games other then sports games. I buy a different kind of game here and there. But I guess I just haven't been able to justify the buying of a X-Box. Is their games really that different?

Is the only real reason to own a X-Box is for the online play? Will that really make me not want to play Socom?

I guess I'm just on the fence and will still be on the fence until I leap over. I just thought if I could get some other gamer opinions that swing both ways ;) Then maybe I could make my decision.

Thanks for all those who answer.

Prime

Honestly, I just made the change to a swinger. (no homo)

But online for xbox is so much smoother. I bought cod4 and now i can kill stuff. I was never able to do that on ps3. When ever i buy a new game from here on out. It will probably be for the xbox, besides killzone.

I still play socom, and our clan has a xbox division. So it's pretty cool to finally get to play and see how those players role. you won't be let down on the internet play though if you get it.

Honestly Prime, I still play my PS3 more, just because of Socom. If our clan was partially inactive like it was on S3/CA, then I would go back to playing x-box all the time like I did then. I only played in those days when someone called me to play or we had a war.

Games play sooo much smoother on X-box. The graphics aren't as shiny, but I don't play games for pretty pictures. I played GTA4 on both systems before I bought it, and the gameplay was hands down better on X-Box. Same with sports games. Especially with racing games. I played Nascar 08 on ps3 for a week and took it back. Cars disappearing and teleporting all over was not fun. I'm a car guy and racing games tickle my taint, so that alone would be enough for me.

Add on the fact that MS spends the money we pay for service on things that matter, to me it's a no-brainer. Exclusive DLC on Multi-platform. Paying people to "police" games for cheaters. Setting up sweet partnerships with other companies, like Netflix(sweet as hell for me, we use NF alot).

Now Gaylo can't be included in any comparisons, because it is full of kids and people get banned daily for cheating on that game. The only thing missing from the X-box line-up is Socom. If it went Multi-platform, I'd try to convice the whole clan to switch over. Then I could move the PS3 into the bedroom for BR viewing.

With the recent price drop, there isn't any reason to stay on the fence. The overall online game experience on x-box's worst game is much, much better than anything on PS3.

Money is right on.. the money.

Games run so much smoother on the xbox that it just makes the PS3 look ridiculous. And I'm not only talking about online play. Even regular games like Fallout 3 or The Orange Box are a lot smoother on the 360. PS3 versions of games tend to be filled with glitches and bad exploits that have to be fixed with a patch, which usually takes weeks to come out. Xbox versions of those same games either come out with absolutely no problems, or very small glitches which are patched way faster than the PS3 versions.

Not to mention that shooters like COD feel A LOT better simply because of the controller. I don't know how many times I've complained about shooting with the R2 "trigger" on the PS3 controller because it just feels so random. The xbox trigger is heavy, but it is comfortable and the REAL trigger makes racing and shooting games a lot better.

i prefer the ps3 over the xbox. i think the ps3 is better ( i am a PS Fanboy) , as to why ,i dont know why i like it , but i can sure say that is b.c most of my friend are on the ps3 , i got a blue ray player , plus having linux always help ( do i dont have it anymore) , i also like how the ps3 give full support of Divx ( DivX FTW) and a web browser, god u know how much i hate to get up on the morning and having to w8 for my pc to get on , no thanx ps3 faster to get on , :)

I'm not going to say much, but Bleach that has to be the worst representation of why PS3 is better that i have ever heard. lol

As for initial question Prime, yes all around things do work much better/smoother on Xbox, but the online is definitely where it excels.!!

IF Socom was on Xbox i would bet this community would be split down the middle in a matter of weeks, and would constantly be moving more towards Xbox.

I promise that i am not a fan boy of Xbox, it IS REALLY just better.!!

If you just try it a friends house or something you wont get the full feel of it, you need to own it or get a few weeks of use out of it, on your own account with your friends, not just play someone offline and say "the controller feels gay" ;D

Ok Ive said enough, but i sure wish the Sony fanboys would stop hating when they just make them selves look stupid to anyone who has an xbox that knows that are talking out of their ass.

FYI, we are talking about Xbox 360, NOT that pile of shit old Xbox, THERE IS A HUGE difference.!!

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Money is right on.. the money.

Not to mention that shooters like COD feel A LOT better simply because of the controller. I don't know how many times I've complained about shooting with the R2 "trigger" on the PS3 controller because it just feels so random. The xbox trigger is heavy, but it is comfortable and the REAL trigger makes racing and shooting games a lot better.

OOOOHHH. I always forget about the pressure sensitive controllers. I guess I take them for granted. ;D

Being able to control your throttle with a controller on racing games is sick.

Chili-Palmer ]

I think PS3 has pressure sensitive controllers too, but they are convex buttons not concave triggers so they dont work all that well. (look at me, sticking up for PS3. kinda lol)

My point in that paragraph was that the 360 trigger absolutely annihilates the PS3 trigger. The PS3 has a lame excuse for a trigger and it hurts your finger after pressing it for too long. The layout of the 360 controller and feel of it is perfect for the hang, not to mention you get a better control of cars because its a much more responsive trigger

bleachrulez ]
Chili-Palmer ]

I'm not going to say much' date=' but Bleach that has to be the worst representation of why PS3 is better that i have ever heard. lol

[/quote']

i did say i dont really know why i like it . i just know is better .

I get ya man.. but that just sounds like "because i've only played on a PS3, & Socom is on PS3, & everyone else here on UF says its better"

Maybe you should give it a try, before you knock it down. (and i dont mean for 10 minutes inside Gamestop or Best Buy. lol)

Sharkbait2 ]

I think between the 2, ps3 has more successful exclusives, but depends on what games you like. xbox has halo, gears, and left for dead while ps3 has mgs4, lbp, socom, and killzone. just depends on what style of games you like.

Socom was an epic fail (compared to the hype) and Killzone hasn't even come out yet. MGS4 and Uncharted are the two premiere exclusives for the PS3. LBP is an alright game, but it's not a system seller.

360 also has games like Forza 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ace Combat 6, Fable 2, and Lost and the Damned (which can pretty much be considered it's own game.)

Sharkbait2 ]

I think between the 2, ps3 has more successful exclusives, but depends on what games you like. xbox has halo, gears, and left for dead while ps3 has mgs4, lbp, socom, and killzone. just depends on what style of games you like.

LBP is the only one i wish i could play. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
bleachrulez ]
Chili-Palmer ]

I'm not going to say much' date=' but Bleach that has to be the worst representation of why PS3 is better that i have ever heard. lol

[/quote']

i did say i dont really know why i like it . i just know is better .

I get ya man.. but that just sounds like "because i've only played on a PS3, & Socom is on PS3, & everyone else here on UF says its better"

Maybe you should give it a try, before you knock it down. (and i dont mean for 10 minutes inside Gamestop or Best Buy. lol)

i have play xbox

halo 1 was on of the best game ever , after 2 , it got bad , then 3 , well i hated it , gears of war was epic ,and the online service is good, but i still prefer the ps3.

i mean the piano black color is the hottest thing i seen :)

• 1 month later...

Gran Turismo 5.. will not be on Xbox. (i highly doubt) But if you want to crash a Ferrari buy Forza 2 you can can crash over 12 of them all day long. lol

Joker & I had a crashing contest once to see who could damage their car worse.. mine got so bad that i could barely move any more.. i think about 11 MPH after a few minutes on the gas. lol

Haha, Chili got to see the power of my Ferrari after it still hit about 100mph after going full speed into a wall. The powah!

They announced GT5 will NOT be on PS3 only.. but what they meant by that was that it will most likely be coming to the PC. Nothing about the box. And quite frankly.. who needs it! Forza FTW! 3 needs to come out already!