What the hell's going on round here?

Ok, and sorry for the new thread, I couldn't find any other thread on this that wasn't already closed.. and also excuse me if all of this is old news, it's been awhile since I had time to read thru the post.

But,

Holy sh*t!! Red cell isn't no longer? APC removing themselves and then the reps bringing em back? Behind the scenes pm's on new tourneys? Complaints and whining?? what the hell?

Isn't it bad enough that zippy is fluking up this game!! that Socom is being killed by incompetency? That error 38 is a mystery onto itself.. ? The only reason I even still try to play is because all of you!! When you meet other folks that play solely for the love of the game and the comradeship then it makes it all worth it.

I just want everyone to realize that the players here comprise the majority of what honor in Socom is about and it's that honor in play that keeps this game alive. Find a way to smooth out minor differences and don't fall victim to pernicious rivalry. Socom is what we make it.

Again apologies if this all old hat, I just would hate to see it all fall apart.

PBK is still mostly absent from current activity.. without a playing base of members recruitment is a moot point and I don't want to have players join under any misconception. Although myself, Nelz, kronas, spud and a minority of others still play we will not be applying for tournaments that we cannot assure a available full squad for.

PBK may actually be looking to merge with another clan that may be having some difficulty as well along these lines.. still keeping the faith

Goat.

Guest [BD] Turco

Isn't it bad enough that zippy is fluking up this game!! that Socom is being killed by incompetency? That error 38 is a mystery onto itself..  ?

LMAO YA what the hell is that error 38 anyways ====== somewhere someone at zipper is wetting there pants over this one.

Guest NEO-X

Yeah goat, I could see how coming here and just reading all the shit that's gone in within the last few weeks is like a huge

WTF

But in the end i think that the initial shock of that has died down, and things are pretty much settled

Red is now Black

And Apc was out , and now in ;)

Good times..

This forum provides so much entertainment for one day lol

NEO-X ]

Yeah goat, I could see how coming here and just reading all the shit that's gone in within the last few weeks is like a huge

WTF

You got that shit right dude!!! I love this damn forum.

yup fun to read all this stuff.....goat it is extremely hard to find good honest clan material that is not in a clan situation already..we only have a 20 man crew with about 10 that play everynight..we are looking for about 6-8 more members ourselves but are not willing to sacrifice our clan integrety just to fill up spots..........hope to shoot with ya'll soon ...undertow gonna try to stop by midnight mass tonight :shoot the shit : smoke a stoogie..all the fun sh@t

I gotta say.. \\'arriors aren't looking too hot either. i can barely get 8 to show up for 8v8 wars anymore.

I think Socom is Officially Dying, & Zipper/Sony aren't helping & just dont care.!! (they are probably looking into the future & not into the past.)

\\'e have 2 rosters, & about 15-20 names on each roster, but no one signs in anymore.. There are so many other games, & systems out there now that the problems/issues with Socom just aren't worth it.

Hopefully they will release the map pack or something to revive the game, otherwise i think its well on its way out.!  :'(

Apologies Six pack, I see you and Tow and others worked it all out. I didn't mean to cast any dispersions by my comment.

Also Chilli,, dude I HEAR YA!! I can't say I'm not part of the problem myself.. lately it's been Tiger Woods or Oblivion or Gears of War or a host of other games that when I get to turn on the PS I tend to put those disc in.. It's been a week since I've signed on to play any Socom, Lately I've been playing Tiger woods with my crew, its sort of fun to just lay low and play some online golf with my clanmates. Although I do miss fraging folks... the other day I shot the driver and the ball line drive'd right into a bystander's balls, He moaned and then hit the dirt grab'n his crotch.. I thought to myself.. "hell he's lucky I didn't do that with the IW-80! LMFAO!!"

the other day I shot the driver and the ball line drive'd right into a bystander's balls, He moaned and then hit the dirt grab'n his crotch.. I thought to myself.. "hell he's lucky I didn't do that with the IW-80! LMFAO!!"

LOL...you can do that?? that'd be funny as hell.

Sorry PBK wont be making it into black2, inU will miss you guy, Goat.

I don't know....

Saying Socom is officially dying is a little bit of a stretch.

Players are waiting for map packs and all, yes, and with the advent of PS3 and some new XBox games, then attention can be diverted from Socom, sure.

But when I log on, I still see a great number of people playing this game.

I still see the clan business of recruiting is still going strong.

And I can still see great anticipation from new clans in Socom who've just discovered things like Urgent Fury out there.

I don't think Socom is dying, per se. I just see random individuals' attention to the game waning....and that'll happen with ANY game.

We saw the complaints after Socom 1 when 2 came out, and people thought the maps were too big.

We saw the complaints after Socom 3 came out, and everyone decided to complain that they missed OLD maps instead of indulging themselves into wider areas of play and more people to play with.

I think the complaints will always be there. The complainers and whiners will always be there. Hell, I have some in my OWN clan who bitch constantly about servers every night or lag every night or Zipper every night.....yet they STILL log on to the game. So I can only assume they enjoy the game to SOME degree, and they're just people who like to bitch for the sake of bitching. But until Socom takes down the servers for whatever installment of Socom is currently out there, I don't think Socom will be dying. If it were, there wouldn't be people out there still playing Socoms 1 and 2. And as soon as screen shots are released for Socom 4 or some new, mythical map pack, then everyone will be salivating again.......JUST as much as the same faction of people out there will be bitching about it.

It's all about personal taste, what it boils down to.

NEO-X ]

WTF

You got that shit right dude!!! I love this damn forum.

I will let you in on a little secret of mine. The reason I visit this forum as much as i do is.........

D75

Undertow ]

I don't think Socom will be dying.  If it were, there wouldn't be people out there still playing Socoms 1 and 2.  And as soon as screen shots are released for Socom 4 or some new, mythical map pack, then everyone will be salivating again.......JUST as much as the same faction of people out there will be bitching about it.

It's all about personal taste, what it boils down to.

Agreed

gotta say i agree with tow.. we got 20 people in our clan. and about 13 have been with us since socom 2.. we got any where from 9-13 people on every night. you just gotta find the dedicated people like us which is getting hard. i see about 30 friends on every night. one of the problems is you cant just start playing socom. i try to get my friends to play but when they do they have no clue whats goin.if you never played this game.most people give up in the first week which is sad cause this game is the shit. socom is one of the hardest games to pick up . shit it took me since socom 2 to get to the level that im at. and now that we are a part of the uf community the competition just got a lot more complex..every one know this game isn't as fun if you dont know anyone on at that time plus there are a lot of dickheads out there that will vote a dude cause he's just starting out(newbie) instead of helping that said player improve and understand the game...damn that is the longest Ive ever type for one period of time...fingers are tired. i only use 2 of them..STREETSWEEPR1

• 3 weeks later...

The real problem with recruiting is...

1 If you are a good, honest player...chances are you run or ar already in a clan.

2 If you are a good, honest player, and not in a clan...chances are your starting to hate the game because public rooms are full of cheating.

3 If you are a good honest player, and not in a clan...chances are that you don't want to go through the rigorous recruiting periods that most of the long running clans have established.

....Basically, since there are alot of people leaving Socom behind, it leaves us with people that are clan affiliated, cheaters, or loners who do not want, or understand the clan ideal.

Goat, the tough thing about a clan merger...both leaders still want to be THE LEADER...Eventually, there will be a breakdown for something and it will make your clan choose their friends. It is a game, you can't rely on loyalties unless you know a person in the real world also. Speaking from experience here, it's why we are short people for this round of UF:B2...coincidentally, that clan the re-established itself is in UF:B2 and running short on players...So that need to be on their own is not working out.

So yes...Recruiting right now is at a premium....but i fear that recruiting will in most cases not be what you are really looking for.

Thanks for the sentiments King,

yea we have had a couple return and are now at around eight, but at the same time we lost a player who said he wasn't going to ever play Socom CA again and is going back to Socom II, we also lost a player to X-box 360 Clancey's Vegas, and another who is lost in the wasteland of oblivion... LOL!

Were all in a wait and see mode, none of us want to close a clan that has been around since Socom 1, so we are just sitting tight and hoping for the best. At this point, that's all we can do is just wait and see. Hopefully things will improve or else we will find something else to play until they do.

Man...Oblivion...Talk about getting another life, or two or three...lol. I have two level 20+ characters on that game myself, it is an extremely engaging game. Vegas i have also, but everyone plays just the respawn games, and respawn really isn't a game of skill...it's a game of spawn camping. Graw2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, is a pretty fun game...but same as vegas, mostly respawn games. So I play alot of Texas hold'em, Oblivion, Rapala Fishing, and Greg Hastings Paintball 2. Being a work from home/stay at home Dad...I have lots of free time...lol.

Yea the guy I mentioned who was lost in the waste of Oblivion.. well that would be me!! LMAO!!

I'm at level 38!! Knight crusader, Master of all skills and GATE closer extraordinarie!

I've been sliding the difficulty bar up and up I'm at around 75% of diff. I tried 100% but I got owned by a fricking bear of all things.. so I had to slide back down a bit.. LOL.

Mountain Lions are my worst enemy...they always seem to pick a time to find me when all my magical equipment is used up...and they jump me from behind...lol. Every time I get out of an Alyied ruin! I swear it. lol.

My main character is a level 28. Rayvar Lyten, Drow...aka, dark elf.

I custom created his skill set and called Assassinknight. Basically I went with all the skills I use...Sneak, security, restoration, destruction, blade, block, and speed. I'm a master at Sneak and Security...Have a key to damn near everyones house, or have already broke in and looted them...lol.

I haven't even started the main quest past giving the amulet to Jauffre cause i'm completing the side questd first...lol. Dark brotherhood, Mages, thieves and Arena are all complete...I completed the arena in one 9am-9pm, gametime, session.

Send a friend request to ALIEN8TED when you log in again.

HA!! the world of Oblivion!! I saw Slick got it the other night and sent him a message...

"Dude you got Oblivion! you have been assimilated... Resistance is futile"

Arena grand champ.. yea yea easy.. except for that third guy he was bad ass.. the grand champ was sort of a let down.. just standing there letting me kill him cause he was depressed about being a vampire.. whatever! And what's with that Number one fan I seem to have now,, Beat it kid... is all I keep telling him. LOL.

You gotta raise that difficulty, once I got past level 30 and got all the crusaders equip it was just too darn easy, I basically was unbeatable..

I can just go do that last gate in Buma anytime now but I like thief'n around and stuff and killing fools..

I keep coming up with mini games of my own.. the other night I tried to see just how much crap I could carry out of a gate... I made like 15 feather potions and wound up carrying 2386 lbs of stuff out of a gate. Just about everything I could find.. even 8 (YES 8!! Demora Hammers!) you should see the screen shot of all the crap laid out in my Anvil home after that one! LOL I made close to 70k gold off of it.

I keep buying horses and running them right up to gates... why the hell does everyone want to kill my horse? Then I found out the horses at the Nights of the nine keep respawing when they get killed, that and whichever guy you bring with you comes back to life in a few days as well.. so I sometimes grab one to come get killed with me... if he survives long enough I place him outside a gate entrence so I can unload my loot and have him keep an eye on it while I run back in the gate for more!

p.s. that chick at the Nine is in love with me...

"I'm at your command, Sir Knight"

Man! if I could only find a real woman that would say that!!

Sure thang on the friend list invite.. I'll hit ya up next time I'm on.