What Scope do you like to Snipe with? Socom

I used to love the medium scope on the M4A1 on the older versions but not with a silencer the gun seemed to be far less in power with a silencer than any other gun although if you take the time for a head shot it worked just fine silencer or not.

The IW-80 medium scope and silencer was one of my favorite setups it seemed the IW was less effected by the silencer’s power loss than any other gun.. Also liked the Red Dot for guns like the Ak-47 which by itself wasn’t too accurate yet seemed to improve accuracy with the dot. Although I found it didn’t improve accuracy as much as it improved the lock on speed when used.

I loved the SR-25 with a medium or high scope in single play but the LAW with the 12x seemed to kick much more ass for online play. Also I really liked to use the M-14 carbine with a high scope for co-op it seemed to have unbelievable range. And it wasn’t that bad a choice for online either. One that was sort of obscure since nobody used it much was the RA-14 with the thermal. On mercs I kind of liked it and I used it almost every time on a night map. Never did like the Heavy machine gun/Thermal setup.. To me it was just a bit far-fetched since M-60’s weight means nobody goes running around with it looking through a scope although others swore by it and not that there is anything wrong with it if you choose it. It just wasn’t for me. During the day the ST with a med scope was on par with the Seals IW setup.

On this new version which I have maybe less than 24 hours total play time on.. I hear a lot of folks swearing by the SCAR. I don’t know which scope they prefer for it though.. maybe someone will enlighten me?

Goat ]

On this new version which I have maybe less than 24 hours total play time on.. I hear a lot of folks swearing by the SCAR. I don’t know which scope they prefer for it though.. maybe someone will enlighten me?

I use the SCAR primarily as a seal. I like to put a front grip on everything, but as far as scopes go I like Acog on everything that is not a sniper rifle. My buddy likes Scar with med scope and suppressor or front grip.

I tried the ACOG scope on the Sniper Rifles last night. It actually worked pretty good. But I still have issues...

When I scope in the targets move faster then the scope. It'd be nice if they all would just sit there. The ACOG worked only I think because I could zoom in faster. Where the High scope I would always zoom in a few times. But still the targets seem to move faster then the scope.

I tend to be not that great of shot sometimes that's why I like a rifle that reloads real fast. Like in COD the M21 or they have the Japan model that reloads pretty quick. But still with COD I'm able to time the targets better it seems.

Anyways I'm trying to get good at Socom so maybe I'll like it better. I think I need to find a respawn room.

I tried the ACOG scope on the Sniper Rifles last night. It actually worked pretty good. But I still have issues...

When I scope in the targets move faster then the scope. It'd be nice if they all would just sit there. The ACOG worked only I think because I could zoom in faster. Where the High scope I would always zoom in a few times. But still the targets seem to move faster then the scope.

I tend to be not that great of shot sometimes that's why I like a rifle that reloads real fast. Like in COD the M21 or they have the Japan model that reloads pretty quick. But still with COD I'm able to time the targets better it seems.

Anyways I'm trying to get good at Socom so maybe I'll like it better. I think I need to find a respawn room.

Try to turn up your look speed and your acceleration. That will help you move your sights quicker.

z-Prime-z ]

Try to turn up your look speed and your acceleration. That will help you move your sights quicker.

beat me to it lol

No you want to keep your dead zone setting low.. dead zone is the amount of movement it takes on the analog stick in order to move your player or gun. If its set too low your character will move on his own practically without touching the stick.. Too high and it will take a lot of movement before your character responds..

Try setting at the lowest setting which doesn't result in character movement and also you shouldn't set it above the 50% at any time.

As for as look speed and acceleration.. all the way up baby!! if you can handle it? may be better to increase them a little at a time until you get used to it.. with the goal of all the way up in mind.

Of course its all about what is comfortable for you... this is another reason I hate the new game not having any training mode or single play or co-op or any thing other than just online multi-play. I miss being able to go into Boot Camp in the training mode and just fine tuning settings like that or trying out different controller set ups etc.. without having to join a room to do so. In the past even if you set up a private room with a bud or two it was easy as hell to just jump into your settings and jump right back in the room.. but its a real pain in the arse now.. and it seems like most times it takes totally quitting the game and restarting before new settings actually set in! Although that may just be my imagination.. but even though it was just Boot camp that you could use at least it was there to use if you wanted to tweak things by yourself.

Yeah I'd recommend using a respawn room and just say the hell with it on worrying about the other players in the room.. turn off your mic even and just jump in and out tweaking your settings.. I'm sure someone may complain but who cares? its respawn and you don't have a mic on anyway.. they will get over it. Or if you want to be more polite make a respawn room yourself and call it "settings tweaking only "old school" socomers will know exactly what the room is for.