M. DOgkiller re-instated

Dude he served his time, a harsher penalty than the average for the crime, and now he is just trying to put his life back together. I'm a dog lover, but I mean for fuck's sake he didn't murder people. He didn't have a gun go missing and someone get shot with it. He didn't commit Vehicular Manslaughter. He fought dogs. People act like he is Gacy, let the guy be. He isn't even fully re-instated and won't play an NFL game until at least week 6 and people are up in arms? He may not even sign with an NFL team (although that is an unlikely situation). I never liked him as a QB, but he did his time and for once I agree with T.O. Suspending him further is like kicking a dead horse.

Oh well he's a shitty person who served his time I just hope the 49ers don't sign him god that would be horrible. I don't know why you guys thought he wouldn't be reinstated this commissioner Roger Goodell gives 2nd chances like a mother fucker. I remember when he first came in as commissioner saying oh we are going to be tougher on these things bullshit you suspend the player, the player appeals and is reinstated like that wtf.

I guess you're right Back0sama..

But i wont be surprised to see MANY people throwing stuffed animals on the field, & protesting outside, making a HUGE deal out of it.. I feel sorry for the team he ends up on. (actually i WILL be surprised if we DON'T see that kind of stuff)

Chili-Palmer ]

I guess you're right Back0sama..

But i wont be surprised to see MANY people throwing stuffed animals on the field, & protesting outside, making a HUGE deal out of it.. I feel sorry for the team he ends up on. (actually i WILL be surprised if we DON'T see that kind of stuff)

And that's the biggest reason I say bullshit. The guy smeared the NFL with this crap, and now it's going to carry on for god knows how long. I'm an animal lover as much as the next guy, but them peta clowns are relentless and brainless. SO now we get to hear from them fuggers all season long. He should be sitting at least until next season. See how much "remorse" he has when the court didn't mandate that he do something.

BacklasH ]

Dude he served his time, a harsher penalty than the average for the crime, and now he is just trying to put his life back together. I'm a dog lover, but I mean for fuck's sake he didn't murder people. He didn't have a gun go missing and someone get shot with it. He didn't commit Vehicular Manslaughter. He fought dogs. People act like he is Gacy, let the guy be. He isn't even fully re-instated and won't play an NFL game until at least week 6 and people are up in arms? He may not even sign with an NFL team (although that is an unlikely situation). I never liked him as a QB, but he did his time and for once I agree with T.O. Suspending him further is like kicking a dead horse.

X 100 give the guy a break he did the crime paid his time

Yeah, Backlash... I never said he didn't serve his time. I'd be the first to say it was a little harsh on the amount of time served. But being re-instated has nothing to do with the amount of time served, his sentence or him making restitution. It's about NFL standards. I personally think they should throw all the bums out that are caught in crimes and shit like that.

This says a lot about the NFL and the way they operate. I think this will back fire on them but time will only tell. It's all about standards man. He is a criminal. A convicted felon. Why are we letting criminals represent American sports? I have nothing personal against MV. I just don't think he should be allowed back in the NFL. EVER.

mikejaxon ]

So what your saying is a guy that serves his time for his acts and pays his dues to society does not deserve his job back? If it was a plumber, carpenter, or IT guy does the same thing apply?

NO! What I hear him saying is that the NFL should hold their players to a higher standard as role models to millions and not allow these types of players in their league.

mikejaxon ]

So what your saying is a guy that serves his time for his acts and pays his dues to society does not deserve his job back? If it was a plumber, carpenter, or IT guy does the same thing apply?

No. Exactly what Joe just said. It is HIGLY different being a plumber and being a football star. Please don't dumb this down in defending this felon. You have to separate, time served and sentence completed to being in the NFL. When your in the NFL, you are high profile, major endorsements, and are working with our youth. The NFL should hold these guys to a higher standard FOR THAT REASON. I applaud Mike for serving his time, but there are more consequences to life and your actions then just serving your time and now all is good.

• 2 weeks later...
mikejaxon ]

As a matter of fact, it does. I do not know of many occupations where and individual is incarcerated for a felony and while they do their time, their employer holds their job for them. I would say it is somewhere in the 99 percentile that will be looking for gainful employment with another company.

In this case Michael Vick was employed by the NFL.

Oh and his crime was not just that he fought dogs, he also murdered dogs. If a dog lost him money it was slaughtered.

Should he not get a job? No. No one is saying that. Should he not be employed by the NFL? That is the question and everyone will have their own opinion. I personally don't want to see him in the NFL, but it is what it is. I also think it would be an extremely dumb move for a team to sign him and he may not even sign.

I would be willing to bet that if no teams sign him, there will be some stink that it is racially motivated and the players union will file some type of grievance stating as much. That is where it will be BS. Each and every team in this league has to do what they feel will be the best for their franchise. If they feel they can take the hit from the public and sign him they will. On the other hand and especially in these economic times they feel they can not afford to have protesters and lose attendance and choose not to sign him, that is their right and it will tick me off to see how it plays out if he is not signed.

Take the Buccaneers for example. They have had a waiting list for season tickets for the last 15 years or so. That list was a 3+ year waiting list. This year they are discounting tickets trying to sell season packages, half season packages as well as individual game packages. They may be locally blacked out for the first time in 15 years due to not selling out. Do you think they want to do anything to alienate fans, like signing Michael Vick? Could they use someone of his talent? Hell most any team out there can say yes to the second question, but can they afford to say yes to the prior one?

aZyOuThInKeYeIz ]

You guys really think Vick is any less of a person than "murderer" Ray Lewis??

How about the ton of other people in the fucking league that have done worse??

Or how about his shit for brains little brother??

He served his time, leave the guy alone..

NO.!!

He did serve his time, so let him be a free man, but none of them should be allowed to play in the NFL again. PERIOD.!!

aZyOuThInKeYeIz ]
WAR_PIG ]

It's about NFL standards.

The NFL has no standards....

Roger Goodell has standards for the NFL..

I dont know what this means.?

But the NFL standards are lower than they should be.