Made the switch from PS3 to....

So I have been waiting for about a year now for a great "clan/ team based shooter" game to come out on the PS3... I have gotten a few contenders (CODMW the best thus far imo)... But in the end Sony is a total let down IMO thus far. I am waiting for CODMW2 and MAG of course... In the mean time though I started wondering where I could find such a game or games- Xbox is the same, total let down...

Then it hit me- everything the consol trys to be in military shooters is allready out ON THE PC!!! So I have a vent server (which works better than any mic system on any consol), I have a lag free gaming server (which I can ban any glitcher from) and I have graphics that make both the xbox and the ps3 look like atari...

I use the consol for sports games and thats about it... After I played on the PC with everything I ever wanted in a shooter... I am not sure the consol can win me back unless the game play, mics and clan system is just as good, smooth and consistant.

My name is Uncle-sid25 and I am a PC 8)

Nikastylez ]

If you're into PC gaming, give world of warcraft a try ;D

TF is wrong with you?!

I always said that if I was able to game on the PC, I would. Unfortunately, I hate the fact that you can buy a brand new gaming computer today and in a few months, it's outdated. It's pretty stupid, actually. But if I was able to get a PC to handle some of these games, I'd definitely be doing that

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
Nikastylez ]

TF is wrong with you?!

I always said that if I was able to game on the PC, I would. Unfortunately, I hate the fact that you can buy a brand new gaming computer today and in a few months, it's outdated. It's pretty stupid, actually. But if I was able to get a PC to handle some of these games, I'd definitely be doing that

I always said the same thing to everyone else I knew that played WoW, before I gave it a try. There are a lot of misconceptions about the game. Its also a different style of play. Its not about how quick you are with your trigger finger or how fast your reflexes are. Its more of a strategy game. For you guys who like clan challenges, WoW has guild where you raid. You fight bosses. You can do 10 man or 25 man raids. You need to organize what type of players you need and all work together to defeat the boss. Its a different style of play ;D

Nikastylez ]

DONT LISTEN TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS TRYING TO RECRUIT PEOPLE TO BE PART OF THE WOW CULT.

lol, if you use a controller for PC, you are gonna get destroyed, simple, mouse and keyboard sensitivity and accuracy will make the controller obsolete.

MarauderHD ]

Yes but... Playing games in the Recliner on the big nice TV. That's the draw for me on the PS3.

I play my PC on my big screen and sit in my recliner..... Video cars now a days have multiple DVI/HDMI outs. One to the monitor...one to the tv. Its great.

Dude... ask Jerf how good WoW is... he'll tell you! :D

Just saying though, computers aren't really made for shooter games. I think shooters are more fun being played on a console. Besides, there are a lot more hackers ruining the game on the PC versions. PC gaming was meant more for like WoW ;D

I’ll admit it I’ve been thinking along the same lines lately.. I’m sure like many of us I started out on PC games.. Tomb raider, Rainbow Six, Nascar, hell even Deer Hunter.. LOL but with the Ps2 I began the switch and with the 360 and ps3 I haven’t played games on the PC in quite a while.. however, A recent Pc build for a customer has me re-thinking the console.. the Pc I just built and installed had two 1 teragig hard drives, has 16 meg of ram, has a HDMI video card, Bluetooth wireless keyboard and track ball mouse and is just the schitnizle. All in an HDPC case that fits snugly on a stereo rack. So as usual I figured why build one when I can build two for twice the price…. I hooked up the other one (my new PC) last week.

The boy got bioshock for the PC for xmas last year but his PC didn’t have the ram to run it. Mine does so I loaded it up and I hooked it up to my Plasma via the HDMI.. sat back on the couch with the wireless keyboard. And was amazed.. graphics were outstanding.. no snags.. no over heating no freeze ups, now bioshock isn’t quite a game I’m all that interesting in… so I’ve been thinking “I need a shooter†to put this thing through a real test.. what game are you playing? I’ve been an advid fan of consoles but I’m starting to re-thing that and the PC is making a comeback as far as the choice for online gaming.

I’m not about to waste half my life with a MMORPG like WOW.. but using the PC for a good shooter game is something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately.

Is it like Nika says and there really isn't a good fit for shooters on the PC. or is there one that fits the bill and if so which one is it? I'd be willing to try it out if others here have a game in mind.

Well, WoW isn't the only computer game I play. I love strategy games as well and play Age of Empires 2 and 3, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, Empire Earth, etc, etc etc. The difference between these types of games and shooters is huge. For one, shooters require both quick reflexes and accuracy, which I think both are better achieved using a console gaming controller. Using WASD to move with your left hand and your right hand on the mouse sucks IMO. Play a game for 3-4 hours and your wrists will be hurting like hell! However, there are a lot of guys who prefer the keyboard/mouse setup over a conventional console controller, and for that, there is a fix. Some people use the splitfish (http://www.splitfish.com/). I got one myself about 2 years ago and its basically the left hand side of a gaming console on your left hand and a mouse on your right hand. Its allowed the PC gamers to kinda keep the same feel of PC gaming, but on a console system. Maybe that's just what you need Goat :D

I have the game Rome Total War. It reads on the box the spec fit my current computer.

Rome Total War is an Epic game your able to have 10,000+ soldiers fighting massive battles. I'm only able to get around 1000 I think at the most on the battlefield because the spec on the box isn't correct or my computer is lacking something. Then I have to tone down the graphics. Or else up grade stuff in the HOPES it works.

That's the problem I have with computer gaming vs console. I have to have a super computer to play most of the games I would like to get into. It's $400 vs thousands of dollars. Console they make the games for the console. Where the PC they make the games based on the top notch computer.