Call of Duty 4 online play rocks!

I just finished playing online for the past 4 hours (Stopped to watch Prison Break or I'd still be on lol) and I must say this game is incredible. Whether you like FPS shooters or not this game is a must buy! It is lag free, east concept, comparable to Socom in many ways. Also in this game the rank system is actually relevant in unlocking game play modes, guns, attachments, etc. My PSN handle is smokeosama if anyone has the game yet shoot me a PSN invite.

smokeosama ]

I just finished playing online for the past 4 hours (Stopped to watch Prison Break or I'd still be on lol) and I must say this game is incredible. Whether you like FPS shooters or not this game is a must buy! It is lag free, east concept, comparable to Socom in many ways. Also in this game the rank system is actually relevant in unlocking game play modes, guns, attachments, etc. My PSN handle is smokeosama if anyone has the game yet shoot me a PSN invite.

I thought this was out on the 6th ... How did you get one!>?

Whats with the iron sights.. Ive been watching a few vids on youtube, and they all show alot of rifles with iron sights. Is there any weapons that feature a scope?

(i guess im assuming thats one of those unlockables)

NEO-X ]

Whats with the iron sights.. Ive been watching a few vids on youtube, and they all show alot of rifles with iron sights. Is there any weapons that feature a scope?

As you rank up, you unlock red dots, scopes, grips, etc. Everything is unlockable. I like it because basically.. the more you play, the more you kill, the more you win, the better your advantage.

NEO-X ]

There are 5 sniper rifles, only one of which is available at the start. You can later unlock scopes on M4's, M16's, etc. You unlock weapons like the M4 carbine after a certain rank, then you receive upgrades based on the number of kills you have with that weapon (Rifle laser, Silencer, etc.). Neo and Church what are your usernames?

UNCLE-SID25 ]
smokeosama ]

I thought this was out on the 6th ... How did you get one!>?

My gamestop got it early this morning and when I went to reserve a copy it was kinda comical.

Me: Hi can I preorder Call of Duty 4 for the PS3

Clerk: No.

Me: Oh, there are no more reserves?

Clerk: Nope, we have them on the shelves, would you like to purchase your copy now?

Me: HELL YA! (hours of gaming ensues)

Guest umerfonz
smokeosama ]
umerfonz ]

You never accepted my friend request....  :'(

I never got it?

Your friends list is full, we've gone over this before smokey...   >:(

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me...  :'(   lol

hey smoke you said it was comparable to socom...can you shed some light on that........Ive never really spent anytime playing fps online but from what Ive seen of cod4 it looks like it kicks ass and I'm always looking for something that gives that socom feel.

do you still get that tactical feel with respawn?.or is it just run and gun.............like i said my fps on-line playing time is slim to none.......but looking to kill some down time before confrontation ;D

That has always been my drawback. I tried warhawk, and other shooters, but the respawn part always takes away that tactical feel of the game, like socom. Thats why I always keep going back to good ol faithfull. But I will pick my copy this afternoon, and do a little investigating myself.

You can put a limit to how many lives you get to have in a game that you make. So if you want everyone to have just one life then there you go. The only thing though is you don't have rounds. But you could make the game with like everyone gets 3 or how ever many lives. If you think about Socom really you only get 6 lives. And when you die you get to wait. When you play all the things you ever wished Socom had it's here. It's like they copied Socom and improved it.

Also I am now wondering if the Socom people held that New game back because of this one. Because if it wasn't as good it would have been a serious blow to Socom. Business wise.

Guest Stealthknight

Ok heres a little low down for you guys:

Ive never been big into FPS or Respawn because u lose intensity and you fel like if you die it doesnt matter and the objectives are never focused on.

CALL OF DUTY 4 IS DIFFERENT. Its actually filled with Ex-Socom people, the respawn DOES NOT take away from the intensity of the match and makes you all the more eager to not die. Mainly cause if you do die it shows you a big video of how dumb you look on the other guys screen once he kills you.

Ontop of that this is the first FPS where i actually feel like the controls run and act smoothly. they arent ackward after the first 5-10 min and the ability to jump and climb is still there.

The maps are not HUGE but are a very nice size for a 6v6 - 9v9 and are not simple by any means. They are very intense and complex to navigate at first with some of the larger ones offering so many backroads and multiple ways of reaching an area including climbing underneath fences. However the small maps do make for a MUCH more intense battle with 10 guys all inside of a map the size of a football field or smaller trying to hold a main capture point.

The rank system is the best ive seen yet, It actually enables you to unlock and complete challenges which give you advantages during gameplay from weapons, weapon attachments, and extra perks.

All in all i would say this is the most accomplished FPS i have played and after playing it for 8 hours last night and reaching lvl 18 online i love it. THe more i play the more i enjoy the game and i havent been able to play a game for more the 2-3 hours in about 2 years.

Undertow ]

is all gameplay respawn?

GOOD question.

Nope.. not all respawn

You can play in a custom private room & set it up lots of different ways.

The best way i found to play in a normal room is Team Hardcore.!

No HUD

Friendly fire is on

bullets do more damage

(if you can turn off respawn on that.. Perfect.!

Chili-Palmer ]
Undertow ]

is all gameplay respawn?

GOOD question.

Nope.. not all respawn

You can play in a custom private room & set it up lots of different ways.

The best way i found to play in a normal room is Team Hardcore.!

No HUD

Friendly fire is on

bullets do more damage

(if you can turn off respawn on that.. Perfect.!

No HUD......I like that a LOT.

Let's hope.