Heath Ledger is Dead

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's the KICKER......the upcoming Batman movie with his part as the JOKER is his last role....and they're saying that he's the BEST Joker thus far in movies, surpassing even Nicholson.

We'll be watching a dead man on screen soon.

Harkens to some Brandon Lee/Crow vibes.

I'd like to open up a little clarification here on this "overdose" thing.

I have a doctor friend, and I talked to her about this on the phone today....as she was chuckling a little when she heard the news on the radio. Most doctors, she says, will.

Because when they say "overdose" on the radio, it sounds pretty passive, as if he took 3 pills instead of 2. She says it is very very VERY hard to actually overdose on just pills alone. Usually, she says, when you find someone dead around a pile of pills.....they simply committed suicide.

To overdose on pills.....you have to take a LOT. A-LOT.

You can overdose on heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, whatever....but PILLS. Pills, by nature, are made and contained in controlled-form doses, unlike the above drugs which are powders and amounts can be "off." We're not talking "tablespoons" of Ibuprofen here, we always talk about "tablets."

Chances are.....CHANCES are....he simply committed suicide.

And YES he had a life worth living. He left behind a two year old daughter.

Not trying to shit on a dead man here....as I'm sure facts will come out soon (as well as some spin). But they're using the word "overdose" a lot about this story right now....and that usually means something more acute but ugly.

Undertow ]

And here's the KICKER......the upcoming Batman movie with his part as the JOKER is his last role....and they're saying that he's the BEST Joker thus far in movies, surpassing even Nicholson.

We'll be watching a dead man on screen soon.

Harkens to some Brandon Lee/Crow vibes.

i heard the news about an hour after he was found. im a huge batman fan (check the sig) and i am looking very forward to The Dark Knight. it's sad becuase Ledger was going to be our first comic accurate joker (sorry, but nicholson just didn't cut it for me). i heard that he actually spent 2 months in a hotel room IN CHARACTER while only bringing two comics (The Dark Knight Returns and Arkam Asylum). that's dedication:

http://www.batman-movie-buzz.com/uploads/uploadForumPhotos/medium_Batman%20-%20The%20Joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

no offense to anyone that posted here, but your sorrow is crap!!! i have no sympathy for this man, or anyone in his position. he had millions of dollars, millions of adoring fans, obviously a loving family (2 year old daughter), and thinks everything is so shitty that he offs himself. to hell with him. my sympathy is for all the people that he carlessly left behind. if his life was that crappy, he had the means to change it. i have a lot of freinds who have lost their jobs and homes in the last year due to this so called recession, and they get up everyday with a smile on their face because they are healthy and have family and freinds who care about them, and who they care about, yet these people have lost everything. this loser had it all and offed himself? if he was murdered, i feel bad for him and his family. if he did it himself, he is a pile of crap, and i hope it was a slow painful death.

xPUDDYTATx ]

no offense to anyone that posted here, but your sorrow is crap!!! i have no sympathy for this man, or anyone in his position. he had millions of dollars, millions of adoring fans, obviously a loving family (2 year old daughter), and thinks everything is so shitty that he offs himself. to hell with him. my sympathy is for all the people that he carlessly left behind. if his life was that crappy, he had the means to change it. i have a lot of freinds who have lost their jobs and homes in the last year due to this so called recession, and they get up everyday with a smile on their face because they are healthy and have family and freinds who care about them, and who they care about, yet these people have lost everything. this loser had it all and offed himself? if he was murdered, i feel bad for him and his family. if he did it himself, he is a pile of crap, and i hope it was a slow painful death.

im actually a little offended at your incensitivity of life....

he was still a human being and it is not up to to judge whether or not his life was worth living. show some respect for the dead. sheesh

Guest Stealthknight

No I actually agree with the Cat. I dont have sympathy for some IF (and i say this very cautiously) they take there own life. IF he did then it was a choice and I dont feel any actual sorrow for him but more towards his Daughter who will now have to be explained what happened. I too thought of suicide when i heard about it being sleeping pills. Now I wont speculate cause am sure as hell no doctor and wont judge until there is something proving me right OR wrong cause i very well could be both. But i dont ever fel sorry for someone who CHOSE to do something.

Guest Skipper
xPUDDYTATx ]

Puddy, that's going a little too far.

My best friend this summer committed suicide. I got a call one morning as I was doing yardwork from his hysterical mother. He had locked himself in his house and refused to open the door. I immediately rushed to the scene and met with an investigator who tried to get me to call him and knock on the door many times. It was crazy. Swat teams, fire, police, hostage negotiators....it was like the movies.

The guy had everything, an MBA, a new wife, a job that paid him $320,000 per year. He had it all, including severe depression. He couldn't escape it. He tried drugs, booze you name it to take his mind of what he perceived as a living hell. We all tried what we could to help him. However, the disease got progressivly worse and it became him. He wasn't the fun loving guy anymore. He put us all through hell.

I'm not trying to change your opinion here, just giving you some food for thought. There generally is more than meets the eye when something like this happens. Yes, I get kinda pissed when I think of him. But I'm mad at the disease not him.

I never understood depression until this happened. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss...

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Hey Skip, i know how you feel man. two of my best freinds in the world both commited suicide in the same summer. that was 11 years ago, and to this day i have never forgiven either one. The first one to do it was a total shock to everyone. he was like your friend. it seemed he had it all, but deep inside he was lonely. he took his own life thinking nobody would care. but a lot of people did. the second friend was in a bad car accident, and was paralyzed from mid chest down in it. he took his own life in the hospital. late at night the nurses made their rounds, and when they left his room he pulled out a breathing tube. they could not get it in place soon enough. i could never see it from their point of view man, and i dont want to. i know i sound harsh, and i am not typicaly like that, but this really strikes a nerve with me. i think it is a selfish act, and i do not mean any disrespedt towrds you man. it is just the way i feel, and public outpouring for situations like this kinda get me going.

i am sorry to any and all that i offended.

Guest Skipper
xPUDDYTATx ]

Hey Skip, i know how you feel man. two of my best freinds in the world both commited suicide in the same summer. that was 11 years ago, and to this day i have never forgiven either one. The first one to do it was a total shock to everyone. he was like your friend. it seemed he had it all, but deep inside he was lonely. he took his own life thinking nobody would care. but a lot of people did. the second friend was in a bad car accident, and was paralyzed from mid chest down in it. he took his own life in the hospital. late at night the nurses made their rounds, and when they left his room he pulled out a breathing tube. they could not get it in place soon enough. i could never see it from their point of view man, and i dont want to. i know i sound harsh, and i am not typicaly like that, but this really strikes a nerve with me. i think it is a selfish act, and i do not mean any disrespedt towrds you man. it is just the way i feel, and public outpouring for situations like this kinda get me going.

i am sorry to any and all that i offended.

No, I understand where you're coming from. These things do look like selfish acts. You also did not offend me at all with this.

A lot of times there is a little more under the surface when something like this happens. Depression is a severe disease that I never understood or appreciated. What he went through was hell. It wasn't him that did this, it was the disease itself.

This incident gave me some inspiration though. When I hear of tough times that someone is having I always think of his parents. His wife will one day replace her husband but his parents will never be able to replace their son. When times get tough, would you rather be where you are now or in his parents shoes?

Not to sound like a tree-hugger but life is short guys. Tommorow might be the best day of your life. It's all up to you.