New Idea: **Allstar Draft Tourney**

i think it would be fun to have an allstar draft tourney

there would be around 16-18 captains (leaders)

and a pool of all the players that want to participate

the captains will draft the players from the pool like a fantasy draft

and no more than 3 players from one clan are aloud on each team

each team will have 20 players on it

the draft will only be for the first 10 rounds (10 players per team will be selected in the draft)

and then there will be a randomizer...

randomly placing the remaining players onto each team until 20 players are on each team

(this saves a LOT of time, the 10 draft rounds already will takes hours)

the draft can go like this:

undertow and any other UF staff will be in a chatroom or some sort of communication with all the captains

the order of the picks is randomly selected

1st pick gets 1st pick the first round, and last pick the 2nd round and so on

when the draft is going on, i think it would be a really cool idea to have a live podcast reporting each pick

if you have any other ideas on this post um up

and maybe we can get UF to put this tourney into action

o yeah this could be for both COD4 and SOCOM:CA

this tourney is a great way to meet people

Guest Stealthknight

I think that would be a nice little "Extras tourny" maybe 1 night per week so it doesnt conflict with them participating with there clans schedule and do it in a double elimintation bracket style. Good idea Certified.

We'll always take suggestions into consideration.

We can't answer whether or not we'll try this in the near or far future right now, only because Sniper, the Staff and I are pretty much in HIGH gear right now trying to get everything ready for Black V, Crucible-2 and all the preparations and web design for the upcoming UF: Riot Act and UF: Crucible-X. (As you can see, we're not going to be hurting for constant action around here)

But it is something we can consider for the future.

As of right now, I'm pretty confident that this will not be happening at the present time, and that's purely based on the time constraints we're under at the moment.

Doing something like this will be very time consuming simply for the fact that multiple players from different camps will be grouped together, and even though Lori's Watch was similar to this and Lori's was a good cause and a good time, even THAT had its snags, and that was a small tourney with small teams. On the outside, it seems like a fairly simple idea and simple procedures, but we know from experience that everything may start as planned, but not necessarily RUN as planned.

As UF grows, and as our future schedule will allow, I can almost be certain that something "like" this may hit the UF Community. But just not right now.

Skipper ]

I remember this was a GB thing at one point. I think it went pretty good

lol. No it didnt. Half the people who were drafted never even got to play. There was a "season" followed by the "Playoffs". Half the people never played b/c all the leaders were from the top 25 clans and if you weren't buddy buddy with them, you would not play.