Socom Confronation out September 16

SNIPER ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Very nice! I wonder if we could con Sniper into putting that up here? ;) ;)

Con me into putting what here? I went to that link and it doesn't work, what's on it?

Chili-Palmer ]

Confrontation Countdown timer i think.!?

Yeah what chili said. There is a little red bar halfway down that has a timer on it now.

Here's what's there now:

You can no longer set up a match exactly defined to your teams exact strengths and create a honeypot to raise your clan ranking. For you clan to have a global ranking you now have to be a rounded team with good strategies for dealing with all the maps. Now , you can build all the custom games you want - the room system is still there, which i know is really important to socom fans. you can do all your clan tryouts and training in those rooms. and even playing within those games aggregates different stats, because we track a lot of information about the player, but it doesn’t directly go into the global clan ladder†(NO RANK UP)

Crossroads (ps3) has an extra outer ring that the ps2 didn’t have. There are two towers now.

Confrontation is 32 players but you can make smaller maps for 16 players total.

Tilt with the sixaxis can be tweaked for sensitivity

There will be 7 maps total at launch. All maps will be based in North Africa

There are exploding barrels and cars.

There is an underground map that has a collapse part triggered by the enemy

View distance is big, so no more fog like SOCOM 2

Clan support will be available on socom.com where the leader can change their clan, add players etc.

Audio has changed. Sounds around a corner sound muffled.

Oh! there is now a run/sprint mode. You can run/sprint but you cant shoot and your gun will not be accurate after running. So basically just use this too avoid snipers.

Ranked matches are automated, if you wanna set up your own room with specifics (no grenades, etc) it wont be ranked. This stops cheaters and rank ups.

Your clan can talk via open chat, but you can L2 to chat to everyone on your team. Or if you have proximity chat then you chat with who ever is around you.They are planning on having a new headset for socom. The printing of EGM sucks so screenshots dont look sharp or nice colors. I would wait for screenshots on your computer to judge.

They are bringing back a new game mode. “elimination †its like socom 2. kill the whole other team or take a draw

permalink | trackback uri | no comments

SOCOM Confrontation Marching Out on September 16

Blogged by admin as Uncategorized — admin Wed 26 Mar 2008 5:40 pm

SEPTEMBER 16th 2008

We’ve brought you several big stories on SOCOM Confrontation in the past month, but today Sony passed on one more important piece of information: a release date. The latest iteration of the popular online shooter franchise will be arriving on September 16.

To celebrate this news, tomorrow Sony will be launching SOCOM.com, an online community site devoted to the game. Pre-release, the site will provide regular news updates as well as a place for fans to get together. Once the game has launched, gamers will discover full integration with the website, including near real-time stat tracking, clan management tools, and more.

You can check out 1UP’s most recent online preview of SOCOM from the beginning of the year, but if you want a more up-to-date and in-depth look at the game, you’ll want to pick up the May issue of EGM — the one with the colorful SOCOM cover below. Check it out on newsstands next week or in your mailbox any day now if you’re a subscriber.

Now that the hard part is over, its time to count down. It seems SO FAR AWAY THOUGH!

Thanks http://www.1up.com

BAMBAM69 ]

I found out they are going to have a Beta!! But it looks like you have to be part of the Playstation Underground, and eSEALS. I hope I get in.

You don't have to be a member of both, if you do I will be explicitly upset. It was not needed to be a member of both in past Socom betas (2 and 3), rather just one of the two. Being a member of both certainly increases your odds of getting selected. I'm hoping my PSU membership and GAP status there will be enough to get me selected for the beta.