CRAZMEX ]

I drew it up from scratch...I reused the glass doors from my old stand so it was all built around those. I do have 5 or 6 drawings with some measurements that I could give u but it will only get u so far...I did some on the fly measuring too. If I can take good enough pics I'll send them to u. If I had to do it again I would make it about 10"-12" shorter and make bigger venting holes in the back panel...cuz it gets F'n hot in there. I use laptop base coolers to cool and push the air out.

Nice cabinet, but yea shorter, would seem better.

It looks like sitting in the front row at the movie theater. ;D

Mine is the opposite:

42" LCD sitting on a cabinet that is only 18 inches high. lol

Optical Surround

Elite 360

Slim PS2 (not mine)

Game chair (Rocker)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do they go to, is the important question...shall i PM you my address and next time you're upgrading i can get the old stuff?

Thanks Goat...PM sent.....I'll be expecting that 42" with the SOCOMCA on it in a week or so.

Sure Omni,, no probl... hold on a second.!! What happened to that 50" Panny Plasma.. you know, not that low grade model they sell at "Best Bye" I'm talking the 70-0UX, the model "Surekit Shitty" doesn't want you to know about?

Come on now... Did I steer you wrong or what?

p.s. that pic above is old.. the 48" Tosh plas.. is gone, the Audvox 37" LCD as well and even the NEC 350Le projector have all been replaced..

As for where do they go? LOL, well they go back to the vendor... in exchange for the next one.. or else I sell it to a customer at a reduced rate (but typically my customers prefer brand new stuff) bunch of damn "Rich bastards.". Selling it also means I have to re-negotiate with my vendors for product evaluations (pain in the arse!) " and every now and than.. when a unit blows me away.. I keep it!

More info for you vid heads out there… from the Goat.. (I won't brag on myself and say I'm an expert or anything… but people do pay me to get my opinions on AV gear, for my UF member amigos my opinions are free- LOL even if it means you have to suffer through a goat post.. )

these days for the PC I'm running a Sony KDL-S3000 LCD 26" (nice unit but I'll stick to my notion that Sony charges more than others for what you get)

For the PS and Xbox I'm testing a Tosh 47" LCD (47LX196) I have to say with Plasma's Toshiba's are not the way to go.. probably why they no longer make them.. but for LCDs Toshiba is rocking!! I had a REGZA 42" for a while and I thought it was very good.. but the cinema series (more money - Yes.. but even better quality) from Toshiba is my top pick for 2008's first two quarters. Panasonic continues as a top pick for Plasma.

Others that came and went include a Sharp Aquos.. (not impressed) a Phillips 47" LCD 1920X1080P (Totally impressed! in fact "HOLY High Def batman!!" ) but the price tag was off the chart.

and lastly for the projection to the Targa glass beaded 120" diag screen, I ran a LG HS101 (okay it's price tag of about a grand gives it a lot to consider since for that price it's a heck of a deal.. but it doesn't stack up against brighter (more expensive) units. It's gone and another NEC is next. The New NEC-NP1000 (don't have it yet) but it's rated at 3500 Lumans!! man that's bright!! It's also High res 1080i, 1080p, and has DVI, PC and HDMI inputs. Can't wait to give it a try.

Also the Tosh 47†LCD is a keeper..

Come on now... Did I steer you wrong or what?

LOL...hell no you didn't sir! in fact, everytime we have company over we ALWAYS get compliments on the TV.

I cant wait to throw some SOCOM Confrontation on that SOB........

for my UF member amigos my opinions are free- LOL even if it means you have to suffer through a goat post..

lol....suffer isn't the right word....man, you really helped me out with my purchase...and I will gladly share the multiple PM's you sent me that helped to bring me to the right choice....you dropped some serious knowledge in those messages......I'm forever gratefull!

Now, with all that said, feel free to shoot me over that 26' Sony LCD when you are done with it...thanks bud

Goat ]

a Phillips 47" LCD 1920X1080P (Totally impressed! in fact "HOLY High Def batman!!" ) but the price tag was off the chart.

Thats what I got! I got a good deal though, because they were out of the one I wanted:

Goat ]

Also the Tosh 47†LCD is a keeper..

What do you think of the 65" Toshiba dlp? That is what I'm looking for in the basement theater room. A 65" is about as big as I can go.

With Toshiba... for a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) than yes by all means.. for a Digital Light Projector.. not so much.. Although DLP rear projection systems will give you a good size for the money.. for me anything past 50" is just too big to put in a box. Whenever a customer ask about a larger than 50" (although 55 or 57 isn't out of the ballpark so it's more like above 60") I steer them the route of Projector and screen. Why go 60" rear projection when you go 120" front projection for *twice the price?

LMAO!

;D

Well I don't have alot of overhead room for a projector. I hadn't ever thought a projector when we drew up the prints and designed the room. I figured I might as well go dlp. Since my toshiba products have always been good to me, I figure go with them for dlp.

SO what would be a good dlp way to go? Or do they make projectoers for very low ceilings? Because I don't want it in my view while I'm watching movies.