Your Opinon On GTA4

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about the online?!?! ;) I been thuging it up in the one player. Driving is quite different. I don't remember the cars being that squirrelly. Btw, I'm bombin down the street in a vert when I hit a wall by the docks. I WENT FLYING out of the car and skidded for quite a ways. That was awesome. Then I go out ramming cop cars and roll by the titty bar. So I stop and go in. I get myself a lap dance, and the damn cops came in the bar after me!! What the hell?! LOL

Also, has anyone else went drunk driving yet? That is trippy. Kinda crazy how the camera motion almost feels like yer really shitfaced. This is awesome. We need to haave some DD races. I have NEVER driven drunk in real life, but me thinks it's gonna be one of my favorite past times on this game.

Guest Stealthknight
gangreene ]

That girl has a name you know, it's michele. Please don't talk about her that way, I think I'm in love. I took her out on two dates and then boned the crap out of her, what a whore. ;D

lol its hilarious too. Shes all like "OOOOOHHHH TELL ME SOMETHING INTERESTING NIKO"

michelle? huh i didnt think of that, she pissed me off when i went and bought all expensive clothes and she was like ewww did youlook in the mirror, so i was like ok im ditching you and going to get a hooker.

but strangely enough i havent had the time to lookfor the strip club,its prolly on the map that comes wit the game.

the best thing about this game is the story which i think is amazing

So I called GameStop on the freezing last night.

THe first thing they said was what system, I told them PS3, and they said that they are currently out of PS3 GTA, and to bring it back next week w/ reciept for exchange. I said I had a 80G, and they told me that it wasn't the system at all, it was happening on all 3 PS3's AND the 360's. He said it was due to faulty disc's getting through RockStars QC department.

So I decided to call Rock Star. I went to the website and called the 1-800 #.

It was fuckin busy. I swear to god, I got a busy signal. Never in my life have I EVER got a busy signal on a 800 #.

Too much man. >:(

Wait a sec!! hold on... you mean to tell me this game has a strip club!!!?? complete with pole dancers and you can get a lap dance in the back room with 360 degree camera angles... ?? NO WAY!! can someone verify this.. cause if I can go to a strip club and NOT spend a thousand dollars... I"m there!!! can someone verify this..!? No wonder there were lines at the stores.. it all makes sense now!!! 8)

Eh, I did not like my first experience with this game ONLINE.

Accepted invites to get online with friends.

All we were doing was standing around some lobby shooting each other, so I couldn't really get a handle on the controls.

Then I get booted and freeze out.

Then I can't accept invites.

Then I get back in and we can't get into games.

Then we go back to a lobby where someone says we can just do this all night.

Then I log off.

LOL

Hopefully the servers get improved however they plan to do it. I'm sure it's all the traffic, but if there's so much traffic, I don't know why it's so hard to get a game going.

Controls were a little tight for me. I like the looseness and the quickness of the CoD4 controls, personally. Everything kind of felt excruciatingly slow. I thought hit detection was a pain in the ass as well, unless it really does take 5-10 shots from an assault rifle to put someone down who is about 20 feet away.

I don't know.

I will say that the game looks pretty and I may give more time to the single player version that the multi-player for now. Maybe at least til they get the servers better.

I know my opinion will change with time spent with the game and all, but I seriously had a sour taste in my mouth after ten minutes and logged off, kinda pissed I jumped on the bandwagon and bought this game like everyone else. I should have tried it first. I turned it off thinking I may have wasted my money.

But like I said, I'm sure my opinion may eventually change.

This was just the first time I turned off a new game the first night having that queasy "I just wasted money" feeling. It was odd.

Guest Stealthknight

I will agree that the Party mode doesn't work perfect. My advice is dont use it lol. Instead have a member create a custom room or do it yourself. This way you can reserve a certain amount or ALL of the entry slots for private invites and you can make the game for whatever mode you would like. Custom rooms dont take long to fill up and the people can usually follow your invites pretty easily. I have never been frozen out of one except for when we tried to have 8 people race helicopters and my connection was interrupted.

Custom match is the way to go rather then the Party system.

Undertow ]

All we were doing was standing around some lobby shooting each other, so I couldn't really get a handle on the controls.

Then I log off.

LOL

Hopefully the servers get improved however they plan to do it. I'm sure it's all the traffic, but if there's so much traffic, I don't know why it's so hard to get a game going.

Controls were a little tight for me. I like the looseness and the quickness of the CoD4 controls, personally. Everything kind of felt excruciatingly slow. I thought hit detection was a pain in the ass as well, unless it really does take 5-10 shots from an assault rifle to put someone down who is about 20 feet away.

I don't know.

I will say that the game looks pretty and I may give more time to the single player version that the multi-player for now. Maybe at least til they get the servers better.

I know my opinion will change with time spent with the game and all, but I seriously had a sour taste in my mouth after ten minutes and logged off, kinda pissed I jumped on the bandwagon and bought this game like everyone else. I should have tried it first. I turned it off thinking I may have wasted my money.

This was just the first time I turned off a new game the first night having that queasy "I just wasted money" feeling. It was odd.

Let them get the servers straight and try again. The X-box servers are running fine and it is a blast. I was over at a friends house earlier today and he was having the same problems as you are, but I have yet to see them on 360. That's the biggest reason I bought it on x-box first, because it seems like the servers are never right at launch for ps3 games.

Yes, unfortunately it does takke 4-5 shots to kill in the single player too. UNless you get a headshot of course. I've always wondered why gta games are like that. Same with the slow controls. One big difference I noticed, it's harder to drive the cars now than the motorcycles. It used to be the other way around.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with low sound on the cut scenes? I turned up the volume as high as it would go, but it's still awfully low.

Guest Stealthknight

Its harder to drive cars now because of the new physics engine. I actually prefer it and it makes cars harders because of the weight of them they slide around corners and drift. I actually think they did a great job with that being able to let them drift around and still be able to make major jumps for fun.

As far as guns go i dont think the calibration is that bad. Each gun handles different much like each vehicle drives different. I think the fire rate makes the 3-5 shot kill work just fine.

The only disappointment I have so far is the small single player issues. Just the small things I miss like being able to buy lofts and garages to store my favorite cars or bikes. I miss being able to go on rooftops and jump a bike from roof to roof. Its just small stuff like that which makes me wish they had incorporated some of the old features.

My thoughts on the game are as follows......FREAKEN SICK MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get on.....and I look around......I wanna FREAK out that chick over there.....I wanna BASH in that guys head in over here, just because I CAN !!!! AND....AND ....I wanna have a never ending police chase after my ass ! Oh man.......my kinda place ! The best part about is.......my three hots and a cot is a-la 3 seconds and a little cash BRIBERY !! What better way to RE-LIVE my youth !! I cant get my self into REAL life trouble ....like I used to. I am still to busy messen around on it to get any serious missions accomplished. Love the graphics, story line is cool....and how about the T.V. channels, I watched it for about 2 hrs. the other nite.

Undertow ]

Then I log off.

LOL

I don't know.

I've figured it out.. i no longer buy any games for online play until a week or two has past... I haven't seen a game yet that worked right off the bat when it was released... but they all seem to get it fixed in a week or two.. however with GTA I'm picking it up this weekend.. not for online.. for the strip club. I don't think I'll play much of anything else on it.. but you can find me in the VIP section at the Strip club having a Crown royal.

Goat ]
Undertow ]

Then I log off.

LOL

I don't know.

I've figured it out.. i no longer buy any games for online play until a week or two has past... I haven't seen a game yet that worked right off the bat when it was released... but they all seem to get it fixed in a week or two.. however with GTA I'm picking it up this weekend.. not for online.. for the strip club. I don't think I'll play much of anything else on it.. but you can find me in the VIP section at the Strip club having a Crown royal.

lmao