Cool picture of New York

1eb38045a.jpg

Description: As the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack approaches, a test of the Tribute in Light Memorial illuminates a passing cloud above lower Manhattan. The twin towers of light, made-up of 44 searchlights near Ground Zero, are meant to represent the fallen twin towers of the World Trade Center. Depending on weather conditions, the columns of light can be seen for at least 20 miles around the trade center complex. U.S. Coast Guard photo by Public Affairs 2nd Class Mike Hvozda

Date Taken: 12/11/2007

City: New York City

State: new york

Guest Corruptor310

I think that is best way to memorilize this event.

I will be calling Bloomburg to let him know that this is def the way to go. The other Ideas I think do not serve it justice at all.

That is a sweet pic. Thanks for posting that. It is also going in my pic files. ;D

HogWild ]

I wouldn't want to live there because I just can't stand slow traffic, but I've always been intrigued with New York. I hope I get off my can and do it someday.

You most definately should. I could not live there either, but WOW what a place to visit. I took my wife there a few years back. Look forward to going again.

MAXIMUS666 ]
HogWild ]

I'm no fan of Halliburton. But how is Halliburton respnsible for that? Al Queda and islamic extremism, that I believed is firmly rooted in Saudi Arabia did that.

This is open to debate, and a whole can of smelly worms could be opened here. I think this is not the intentions of the original poster.

Nice pic.

Nothing wrong with a debate, as long as you don't do it like Loose Change.

damn public, THAT picture makes me remember a LOT. i was in new york that day...

same here i used to work part time at riesen's restaurant on the ground floor and remember waking up that day thinking holy shit i can't believe it was my day off i've never felt so blessed in my life. I lost two good friends that day Edwin Rivera & Zack Schalk u guys will forever be in my hearts & prayers and to anyone who may have lost someone during this tragedy. I had the opportunity to help out with a minor rubbish removal presence and that picture is embedded in my mind for the rest of my days---

damn man, i was in the subways, when i was walking out of the building i heard the first plane, looked up and BAM. then i stood there and watched for about 5 minutes, then started running to the port a few blocks away. driving away, watching them fall was just, disturbing, and probably one of the scariest moments of my life. i was blessed too, my grandmother worked in a building right next to the second tower, and i was scared shitless for her. when i got off the boat, i bumped into an older woman, and i turned to apologize and, it was her. one of the few days in my life where i went home, and said a prayer thanking God.

idk, just figured i'd share my story too. i don't know about people outside of the tri-state, but if you live in the tri-state you'll remember everything you did that day, happened, the newscasts everything. just one of those days, you'll never forget.

HogWild ]
MAXIMUS666 ]
HogWild ]

I'm no fan of Halliburton. But how is Halliburton respnsible for that? Al Queda and islamic extremism, that I believed is firmly rooted in Saudi Arabia did that.

This is open to debate, and a whole can of smelly worms could be opened here. I think this is not the intentions of the original poster.

Nice pic.

Nothing wrong with a debate, as long as you don't do it like Loose Change.

If you would like to discuss the topic of 9/11 we can do it via PM. The UF rules state that

"There will be no racial/religious slurs directed at another players on this forum"

Now I know this rule is quite specific I would rather not take the chance of offending anyone in the public forum. Or we can agree to disagree, either is cool with me 8).