URGENT FURY Rips It Up in JULY!

Well......

Urgent Fury is ready, once again, to kick some tires and light some fires on the UF community.

There's going to be a lot of cool stuff heading your way come July, and we'd like to give you a small preview on what some of those things are going to be.

Sniper and I have been talking for some time now in getting the main Urgent Fury website a little closer to the actual players who populate Urgent Fury's tournaments. In our time together, we've met and entertained some very cool people, great players, and just some all around clowns here on the UF forums. We'd like to put a little spotlight on some of those noteworthy UF community members. So, starting in July, we're going to be replacing the "CHALLENGE" tab found on the UF website with a new section called "DOSSIERS." The "Dossiers" section will feature TWO community members a month of Sniper's and my choosing to whom we will send a "information/interview" type of PM for them to answer. On the first of every month, we will feature both of those players from the UF community so that newcomers to the tournament see just who is populating our honor-driven tourney here. We're looking forward to incorporating player names and faces into our actual website here, as this was sort of spurred on by the "Urgent Fury Black" written in the sandy beaches of Mexico that was submitted by COU. We LIKED putting up stuff submitted by the community, and this will be a new addition that we think a lot of people can get excited about being a part of as well as simply reading about some of the players here that they've come to know and respect.

Secondly, we're going to be EXTENDING the format of the "NETWORK" tab where we have a listing of UF clans and their URL links to their websites. The thing is, this is a handy quick reference for someone looking up a particular CLAN, but for someone here who is a lone gunner looking for the right clan for them, that simple URL doesn't tell them much about you. SO, here on the forum, stickied in both the PS and Xbox sections, there will be a thread continually updated by Urgent Fury that will feature a sized CLAN BANNER, URL and a short CLAN DESCRIPTION that players can easily reference here on the forum. This format, we believe, will help gunners see WHICH games these clans support and what platforms they play on, making clan-searching FAR easier on the inquisitive gunner looking for a home. This will be up shortly.

Thirdly, the COMMAND section of the website will FINALLY get the face lift it deserves. You've all wanted it, you've all called for it.....so FINALLY the plaques of all the past winners of Urgent Fury main tourneys will be listed on this section, emblazoned forever in the archives of Urgent Fury. It will include a plaque made by Urgent Fury indicative of the tournament won and a brief paragraph written by the clan leader regarding their win and what it took to get themselves there. And we will keep them up there forever. The COMMAND section will be finished by July.

Fourthly, the "BLOG" section of the Urgent Fury tournament, a feature of the website that has gone on largely ignored by UF, being as busy as we are, WILL be utilized on a bi-weekly basis, and that's a hard-schedule there, with blogs written by both Sniper and I. We'll be utilizing it mainly for UF-focused material, with such segments and what goes into creating a TACMAP tourney for UF....some behind-the-scenes stuff in the prep process of UF....and maybe some cooking tips. Who knows. What we DO know is that the Blog itself will breathe life and get its heart beating again, and we'll make sure it's chock full of good, interesting topics twice a month.

Fifthly (I do not think I have EVER written the word "fifthly" in my life.....you're all here for the first), many of you have asked about the whereabouts of both Commander Fury and The U-Freq podcast. Nothing gravely wrong is happening here....simply put.....Commander Fury "got a flat tire." Essentially, there has been some technical difficulties with the production equipment used and the solution is on its way. We COULD have continued to broadcast a new podcast every week, but the quality would have suffered immensely, and well, you all know what we think of "quality" here at UF. It's either top-notch or it's not considered at all. Both UF and Cmdr. Fury agreed that a suspension of the show would be best, lest the listeners who have come to expect a certain level of production from U-Freq would start to question our production ethics.

Cmdr. Fury is alive. U-Freq is alive. UF wants it back bad.

All will be made well again soon. We just need to order another flat skid of duct tape and we'll be good to go. ;)

NOW.....

Finally, and this....this is the badass part of it all.

FINALLY, Sniper and I have decided to give away copies of the upcoming SOCOM: CONFRONTATION to lone members of this UF Community. For CERTAIN, we'll be delivering two copies to the doors of two lucky and skilled members of Urgent Fury. MORE could follow. HOW we give these away? Well, you all know me by now....SOME things need to be kept in the dark to whet the appetite, right? LOL And what better topic in this post than THIS one to keep you guessin'. All will be revealed in July. EARLY July.

But....I will leave you with this. Here at Urgent Fury, we expect you to earn what you get.

You EARN the respect you're looking for as a gunner and as a clan.

You EARN the dignity by way of your conduct through both wins and losses.

You EARN your right to swathe your way through the illustrious TACMAP tourneys of UF, our biggest production.

And now you will EARN your copy of SOCOM: CONFRONTATION, pre-ordered and shipped directly to your door.

And you will do this through...................URGENT FURY: RONIN

And that's ALL I'll leave you with at this point.

Players of BOTH CoD4 -and- SOCOM: Combined Assault will have opportunities for this prize.

How you do it...and how we do it....will be revealed in JULY.

Aaaaaand my fingers have fallen off.

Thanks for reading, hope you got through it all.

Look for all these changes to the UF community to hit as we project them to. We won't be missing these time tables.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

For Sniper and the UF Staff,

- TOW 8)

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

not to be the picky one of the bunch, but there are a lot of things slated to be released in early june, and i think early june is past. i assume you meant july and i am as excited as everybody else. just wanted to ask to curb any confusion.

Guest M16Assassin

Nobody noticed Tow's typos besides me I think that deserves a free copy of Socom!!! ;D

You put June a whole bunch when I think you meant July.

Puddy, how is it that you are always the man on the scene when I make some typos?

I'm always careful about not having many.....been when I do, BAM, Puddy's there with the flashlight. LOL

Thank you, I will change them all now.

And yes, I meant JULY.

saint52 ]

My brothers socom name is ronin, does that help us at all?

LOL....I would have to say "no" on that one.

Though if we ever run full-window poster ads in the future at Game Stops and Best Buys.....LOL....then we'll make him our poster child. 8)

In regards to the FORUM CLAN BANNER NETWORKING section we'll have up here for both the PS and the Xbox sections of the forum here, keep an eye out for these over THIS WEEKEND. When they go up, just reply to that thread with your submission and it will be added within 24 hours.

To give you guys a HINT as to the format.......

> In the effort for uniformity and presentation, please make your clan banner EXACTLY 500w x 100h in usable space. No "hightower sigs" here. Any variations on this will not be used.

> Have your clan website handy.

> And finally, have NO MORE than 5 sentences prepared giving info about your clan. This will be placed directly under your clan banner.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

I am SO envious right now of all my Fellow UF members...I ship out July 16th (32 more days....IM PUMPED! lol), and now not only do i miss out on the UF Open Meet. But NOW ALL OF THIS!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR anyway good shit as always Tow and Sniper this is awesome!!!!

P.s. have you ever tried typing when your hands are asleep? it feels WEIRD!

Apoc64. ]

P.s. have you ever tried typing when your hands are asleep? it feels WEIRD!

No....but I've tried other things while my hand is asleep.......... ;D

I'm sure when you ship out there may be a way and opportunity for you to check in with us here, Apoc.

So when you do, you won't miss a beat......you'll even get to see who won your copy of SOCOM: Confrontation! LOL ;)

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Undertow ]

Puddy, how is it that you are always the man on the scene when I make some typos?

I'm always careful about not having many.....been when I do, BAM, Puddy's there with the flashlight. LOL

Thank you, I will change them all now.

And yes, I meant JULY.

simple explanation. when you are a stalker, you notice ALL of the victims little quirks. trying to point them out without giving away your position is tough. by hte way, check the milk in your fridge, i think its 3 days past the date of expiration ;)